Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 iPhone Customers - Get out of contract!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Apologies if covered but this is quite a long thread:

Does this cover also mobile broadband contracts?
    in short no, if you read the first post and click the link, you'll see what price plans are involved :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Ok so I've just nominated Shredneck for Legend of the Boards status on the strength of this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055943977

Vote for Shredneck!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have another 6 months to go on my contract. I'm on Advance 175. I never use all my minutes or texts and my average internet use is only 326mb! I do like my iPhone though and would like the new one when it becomes available. What are my options if I get out of contract with 02? Switch to Meteor bill pay smart lite for €30? I have an unlock code which I haven't activated yet. If I change to PAYG would I not end up paying a whack for data usage? :confused:

I did a quick summary of 3's offering about page 24/25. Rolling monthly contract if you go sim-free. Well worth it to me while waiting for the iPhone4.

Sorry, not sim-free, I meant sim-ONLY. Once they are not giving you a phone, the whole deal changes for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Got out of my contract yesterday with 11 months left on it, a friend also told me that some dealers are also using this clause to get out of their dealer tariff contracts!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

I wonder will Vodafone follow suits and have to amend their price plans. Perhaps this is coming from the regulator ?

for those who asked, VF on iphone are terrible. No bill monitoring app and myvodafone website does not keep accurate track of your used minutes (48 hours delayed) and does not even show how many texts you have used from your bundle. Then there is the coverage which is terrible for both calls and 3g. I never had any issues with O2 coverage or website.

Im sorry I left O2 but free offer on iphone 3gs was too much for me to refuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

What kind of extras are people getting from the retention team?

I don't particularly want to leave 02 and only have 2-3 months left on contract anyway but don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth either! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

whiterebel wrote: »
    I did a quick summary of 3's offering about page 24/25. Rolling monthly contract if you go sim-free. Well worth it to me while waiting for the iPhone4.
    If going onto a rolling contract with a view to getting iPhone 4 make sure you confirm you can sign up as new customer ie get the deal on iphone price as I was on O2 30 day clear sim and they wouldn't give me any new customer deals when I signed contract for iPhone eventuall begging on o2 forum got me an upgrade price. Just dont assume you'll get it or of course move provider from rolling contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

instinct wrote: »
    Vodafone..No bill monitoring app
    come on Vinny, here's a job for you...:D
    probably the only thing holding me back, i'm a disaster for over spending, the o2 my account app is a god send,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Thanks. Can't find that page. Have you a link?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

All done, easy as. Thank you so much OP and everyone else who has helped out on this thread!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

done cheers op 2 mins...they kept saying I dont go over so it doesnt affect me, I kept saying if I go over it will affect me.

So lovely lady called Cathy sorted it on rolling contract month to month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

BOBBY wrote: »
    come on Vinny, here's a job for you...:D
    probably the only thing holding me back, i'm a disaster for over spending, the o2 my account app is a god send,

Or somebody else. I have enough on my plate as it is! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Hey this seems to apply to more than just iPhones? Should this be moved to mobiles so more people can get in on the act?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

micks wrote: »
    If going onto a rolling contract with a view to getting iPhone 4 make sure you confirm you can sign up as new customer ie get the deal on iphone price as I was on O2 30 day clear sim and they wouldn't give me any new customer deals when I signed contract for iPhone eventuall begging on o2 forum got me an upgrade price. Just dont assume you'll get it or of course move provider from rolling contract.

I made well sure of it.

Thanks. Can't find that page. Have you a link?

Just FYI:
    Called into 3 here in Midleton. Waiting for iPhone4, but sick of VF's web "service". Out of contract with VF.
    So, I was asking about best of both, sim-free 1 month contract, which sounded ok, until I make my decision with iP4 comes out. Anyhoo, 300 flexi-units, minutes or MB, unlimited texts and I can go on a bill pay when the iPhone is released IF I WANT TO.

Better again, she advises me, that I can go on Relax 350 (Doubled at the moment to 700 flexi-units) on a SIM only deal, which is also 30 DAYS CONTRACT. Its is 25% cheaper at the moment so approx €36 per month, and I can do the same when iP4 is released, buy it as a brand new contract, if they are offering the best deal.

I thought this is a really sweet deal, and being a bit nervous of 3, gives me a month to try it out. No, I have no affiliation with Three.....

Sorry, it was on page 20.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Just FYI:
    Called into 3 here in Midleton. Waiting for iPhone4, but sick of VF's web "service". Out of contract with VF.
    So, I was asking about best of both, sim-free 1 month contract, which sounded ok, until I make my decision with iP4 comes out. Anyhoo, 300 flexi-units, minutes or MB, unlimited texts and I can go on a bill pay when the iPhone is released IF I WANT TO.

Better again, she advises me, that I can go on Relax 350 (Doubled at the moment to 700 flexi-units) on a SIM only deal, which is also 30 DAYS CONTRACT. Its is 25% cheaper at the moment so approx €36 per month, and I can do the same when iP4 is released, buy it as a brand new contract, if they are offering the best deal.

I thought this is a really sweet deal, and being a bit nervous of 3, gives me a month to try it out. No, I have no affiliation with Three.....

Sorry, it was on page 20.....:D

yet thats the second time i've seen this...........advert:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Im looking to get out of contract and would prefer to email O2 instead of calling them. What address do I email too ? Is it the "help &support" section of their website ?

Thanks for your help guys.

yet thats the second time i've seen this...........advert:D;)

I was asked for it by another poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Kevtherev

Got a call back from o2 this morning, I've gone from 16 months remaining on my contract to a rolling 30 day one. Awesome.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just wonder what happens with upgrades? I'm on the 60 per month contract advance 350. 12 months left if I stay in contract what upgrade will I have? If I go Ono the 30day rolling one an stay
    on that for 12 months would I be still entitled to he upgrade I would have I'd i stayed on the contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Lenny wrote: »
    Just wonder what happens with upgrades? I'm on the 60 per month contract advance 350. 12 months left if I stay in contract what upgrade will I have? If I go Ono the 30day rolling one an stay
    on that for 12 months would I be still entitled to he upgrade I would have I'd i stayed on the contact?

It seems upgrades stay the same. You're due one every 12 months. So 12 months from the last one is when you're due the next one unless you're a huge spender.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

connundrum wrote: »
    Well it has been logged anyway. 49 hours and counting :pac:

What address are you mailing to?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Whats the email address for O2 cust. services?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Just phoned O2 and after a little debate over the limited impact (or none at all) on my monthly bill, I am now on the rolling monthly contract. I basically told them that they were breaking the 18 month contract and as a result I would like to now benefit from the freedom of a rolling contract. I have no intentions of leaving O2 at the moment and will wait to unlock my iphone before shopping around. Two excellent customer service reps dealt with me. God, they must me busy! A bit stressful as you almost feel sorry for O2 (Telefonica) when you have push your request through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

RnR wrote: »
    Whats the email address for O2 cust. services?

customer.care@o2.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

Ok so I've just nominated Shredneck for Legend of the Boards status on the strength of this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055943977

Vote for Shredneck!

LMAO :D
    Thanks mate

Shredneck wrote: »
    LMAO :D
    Thanks mate

deserved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Didn't want to start a new thread for this as my question is related to this one; I'm past my 18 months and still on bill pay (I've got a basic 3G iPhone). If I get an upgrade to the iPhone 4 will I have to sign a contract for it, if so is it 18 months?

Also does anyone know the price for iPhone 4 upgrades — I'm guessing they'll be the same as the current 3GS ones.

grizzly wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this as my question is related to this one; I'm past my 18 months and still on bill pay (I've got a basic 3G iPhone). If I get an upgrade to the iPhone 4 will I have to sign a contract for it, if so is it 18 months?

Also does anyone know the price for iPhone 4 upgrades — I'm guessing they'll be the same as the current 3GS ones.

Yes re contract and there's no price yet but you might be right. Time will tell

• Advertisement

Hmmmmmm. Is the O2 forum working for anyone else right now?

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement