Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 iPhone Customers - Get out of contract!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭thebiglad

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm. Is the O2 forum working for anyone else right now?

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/

Not working for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

thebiglad wrote: »
    Not working for me either

Hmmmm. I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

conspiracy theorists...lets hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I bet they are at defcon 1 down in Limerick.

Well after using the forum since mid 2008 I've never seen it crash...until now

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

database errors for me too. vbulletin collapse. I think I recall it beiong down at least a couple of times before?

Haddockman wrote: »
    I bet they are at defcom 1 down in Limerick.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Am I the only one who feels karma will smack us for this ?

Edit: Screw that I've given them thousands over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yes re contract and there's no price yet but you might be right. Time will tell

Thanks for the reply. One more question; if I get my 3G unlocked can I keep using it i.e. will unlocking it have any other effect on my service with O2? I want to keep using it as with 02 until the new phones out.

On the O2 forums, has anyone noticed how users (non-moderators) have post counts in the 2000's+. Amazes me how anyone could post so much about phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

grizzly wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. One more question; if I get my 3G unlocked can I keep using it i.e. will unlocking it have any other effect on my service with O2? I want to keep using it as with 02 until the new phones out.

On the O2 forums, has anyone noticed how users (non-moderators) have post counts in the 2000's+. Amazes me how anyone could post so much about phones.

Re: Q1 - yes you can keep using it with no change to your service

Re: Q2 - all O2 employees are issued O2 numbers therefore all can be members of the O2forum. Many of the contributers on the O2forums are employees not just the Mods.

• Advertisement

grizzly wrote: »

Shredneck wrote: »
    Re: Q1 - yes you can keep using it with no change to your service

Re: Q2 - all O2 employees are issued O2 numbers therefore all can be members of the O2forum. Many of the contributers on the O2forums are employees not just the Mods.
    I'm not an O2 employee but I've over 2000 posts on the forum. There's a lot to talk about besides phones ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Hi All,

Fascinating thread going on here.

I'm not an O2 customer but I've recently considered moving for the sake of getting an iphone. However, I'm hoping to hit the road on some travels in about 6 months which is an issue due to the 18 month contract mallark...

With these recent developments, would it be possible to go to an O2 store this evening, sign up for an iphone and then call them back next week and ask to be allowed out of the fixed term contract due to the T&C changes?

This would be awsome but possibly too good to be true :confused:

Cheers,

Jim

I'm not an O2 employee but I've over 2000 posts on the forum. There's a lot to talk about besides phones ;)

Oh I know, but I also know that there are quite a few O2 staff on there too acting out of their own accord and not necessarily acting on O2's behalf. All O2 employees are O2 customers so they are free to use it just like any other customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

called up, on hold for 10 minutes, got put through to a special department they've setup, had a lady try to "Help" me stay on contract, was released from the contract after she gave up trying to persuade me to stay, thanks for the tip!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi All,

I'm not an O2 customer but I've recently considered moving for the sake of getting an iphone. However, I'm hoping to hit the road on some travels in about 6 months which is an issue due to the 18 month contract mallark...

With these recent developments, would it be possible to go to an O2 store this evening, sign up for an iphone and then call them back next week and ask to be allowed out of the fixed term contract due to the T&C changes?

Cheers,

Jim

Been asked about 6 times already - no.

Hi All,

Cheers

Jim

No sorry Jim, the announcement on O2's website constituates a public display of their intentions so your could only have don't that had you signed up before June 12th (date of announcement)

Sorry

amatheum wrote: »
    called up, on hold for 10 minutes, got put through to a special department they've setup, had a lady try to "Help" me stay on contract, was released from the contract after she gave up trying to persuade me to stay, thanks for the tip!

Yeah I got that too. Poor lady I feel bad for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've called them twice, spending over an hour on the phone & been point blankly refused. I'm continuously getting the "you have to leave the network" spiel. No matter how many times I quoted regulation 17 & told them THEY were breaking the contract not me, I got nowhere. Asked to be put through to a team leader who was too busy to speak to me.

O2 are dealing with this very badly. They would prefer to lose me as a customer than end my contract as they should!!!:mad:

Yeah I got that too. Poor lady I feel bad for her.

Granted it has been a busy week for them but I don't feel too bad for them. The retentions team only work 9 - 5 Mon to Fri they get a decent wage + commission for re-contracting customers and 6 monthly performance based bonuses bless their cotton socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

niamh86 wrote: »
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've called them twice, spending over an hour on the phone & been point blankly refused. I'm continuously getting the "you have to leave the network" spiel. No matter how many times I quoted regulation 17 & told them THEY were breaking the contract not me, I got nowhere. Asked to be put through to a team leader who was too busy to speak to me.

Not sure who your talking to, i called 1747 and after being on hold they almost immediately (as in i got as far as saying "I understand you have changed your pricing plan...") transfered me to the "Please stay on contract" department who were very helpful, are you on a package thats affected by this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Shredneck wrote: »
    Granted it has been a busy week for them but I don't feel too bad for them. The retentions team only work 9 - 5 Mon to Fri they get a decent wage + commission for re-contracting customers and 6 monthly performance based bonuses bless their cotton socks.

Speaking of contracts... I'd say they've got one out on your head :D

Just got released - had to listen to all the sales talk and reasons why this does not affect me before out of the blue - you are released from your contract goodbye.

Not exactly friendly but who cares I am out.

Will contact o2 again next week though just to confirm:)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

amatheum wrote: »
    Not sure who your talking to, i called 1747 and after being on hold they almost immediately (as in i got as far as saying "I understand you have changed your pricing plan...") transfered me to the "Please stay on contract" department who were very helpful, are you on a package thats affected by this?

I've called 1909 twice. Yeah I'm on the advance 350 plan so I am affected & they accepted that I could be affected but consistently said I had to switch network if I wanted to end my contract. People seem to be getting a different response depending on who they get through to. Very Very Annoying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TheDark_Knight

just informed Conor Pope about this, consumer champion !! he might spread the word !

just informed Conor Pope about this, consumer champion !! he might spread the word !

Who ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Who ?
    Irish Times journalist.

Ouch. This could go Nuclear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's odd that they haven't picked up on this already

Fionagus wrote: »
    It's odd that they haven't picked up on this already

Totally agree, expected this to break in today's press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Well I am now out of contract and spreading the word to all I can:D. All the networks are effected.

Rang 1909. 5 min on hold. Got then put on to the account department. Got a bit of a grumpy one. She offered me nothing to stay. Explained how it does not effect me, the price changes, as I never go over my 350 min. Ha ha. I still want out,and got out.:D
    The thing is I may stay with 02 as I am due an gold upgrade. But this just gives me new customers price anwyay. But its great to have choice. Plus there is that euphoric feeling of sticking it to 02.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement