Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Ah lads you can't move the goal posts at this stage! He has a world title, regardless of how he is booked in the future, he will always have this moment.

It would be amazing and completely unexpected were he to become an actual main eventer. The Benoit/Jericho level would be perfect for him though as they would have somebody they could always rely on to deliver the goods in-ring.

+1. The actual fact Bryan Danielson has held a World Title is something we should all be happy about, no matter how he was or will be booked in the future.. HES STILL A WORLD CHAMPION..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I always knew he'd win a world title, lets face it if your some good you should at least get one reign these days. I wonder are wrestlers a little bitter sweet about winning it with the mitb case. Guys like Edge, Punk and Bryan must of dreamth of the day of winning the world title and the latter 2 as babyfaces won the title only by pinning the guy after another laid them out (batista floored Edge who Punk pinned, Henry put down Show for Bryan). Thats another debate for another day.
    Fingers crossed Bryan chokes out Show next week on Smackdown, assuming Teddy Long doesn't come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm a genius

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It was either Alvarez or Meltz (or both) who made the point that Jack Swagger was champ, and look at him now, so don't get your hopes up too much with Bryan. It's MASSIVE that indy hero got the world title, but it doesn't mean much if he's given the Mysterio/Swagger/Hardy/Ziggler etc first title run treatment.

It'd be amazing if WWE got behind him but even I think we're years off Danielson being a credible main eventer. That said they could've booked him like Benoit and be there a lot sooner. My expectations are mighty low but i'm gonna enjoy every day our boy Danielson holds the big gold title :)

Jack Swagger had no following or any real recognition of any note when he won the MITB. Bryan has a positive reputation as a great wrestler, has overcome the stigma of indy-riffic that many thought would hinder him massively and he hasn't lost the title yet not to mention 2 minutes. He's got health cover that he didn't have in the indies and he's making a few bob too. He's one of the few people who won't be ****ed if they do cut him in the future. If you ask me everything is coming up Milhouse for ma boii D-Bryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CMpunked wrote: »
    So what's on the menu, gimmick?

Luckily the missus got me something edible for Christmas :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jaysus, u'd swear I didn't say it was a massive accomplishment and I'll enjoy every day with Bryan as champion.

Jaysus, u'd swear I didn't say it was a massive accomplishment and I'll enjoy every day with Bryan as champion.
    Aye but he is far better off than Swagger was as champ in fairness. WWE booking is terrible granted but look how they booked Miz, Del Rio, the Punk angle, Nexus etc. I think he'll be a key name in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charisteas wrote: »
    I don't get the Dewey reference

hssw2u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ok then out of the following trio what NEW feud would you love to see him in? Think of whatever excites you about wrestling, promo's match quality etc.:p

Orton

rey

Cena

I know he wrestled Cena before but it was so long ago it doesn't count.:pac:
    This time last year Orton would be the least attractive of those 3 but he has been so solid this year. I can't decide:(:P

Aye but he is far better off than Swagger was as champ in fairness. WWE booking is terrible granted but look how they booked Miz, Del Rio, the Punk angle, Nexus etc. I think he'll be a key name in the future.

I really hope so man; probably only something we can look at in retrospective (Bryan squeaking past big show the next 2 months....depends really) but Swagger did get a clean win against Orton at Extreme Rules, an extremely rare occurance. Miz, Del Rio, Punk and Barrett are all key names for WWE in the next 5 years (ie all consistent main eventers down the line imo) but pretty much nobody except Orton and Cena get booked 'right'. :(

That said, DB as champion today :eek::):) great time to be a wrestling fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I really hope so man; probably only something we can look at in retrospective (Bryan squeaking past big show the next 2 months....depends really) but Swagger did get a clean win against Orton at Extreme Rules, an extremely rare occurance. Miz, Del Rio, Punk and Barrett are all key names for WWE in the next 5 years (ie all consistent main eventers down the line imo) but pretty much nobody except Orton and Cena get booked 'right'. :(

That said, DB as champion today :eek::):) great time to be a wrestling fan.

I hope Sheamus gets pushed too, i'm still not sure on Barrett he's good promo's but is a utter bore in the ring imo. Alberto needs to start connecting with the Audience better as much as I like him its a big hole in his game moving forward. When you said DB as champ I was like Diabhal Bheag as Champion?

Mah boi D-Beag is top of ma Fave 5!

I will win the Rumble

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Will D Bryan ever become WWE champion?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Miz, Del Rio, Punk and Barrett are all key names for WWE in the next 5 years
    Del Rio is already in his mid-30's. I dont see him still being a key name when he's 40. Look how hard he was pushed and he is still struggling to take off. I can see them losing faith in him in the next couple of years and he'll be a midcarder at best after that.

The only real key player from that list will be Punk. The others will all be upper card guys who swap between the main event and midcard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Miz, Del Rio, Punk and Barrett are all key names for WWE in the next 5 years
    Del Rio is already in his mid-30's. I dont see him still being a key name when he's 40. Look how hard he was pushed and he is still struggling to take off. I can see them losing faith in him in the next couple of years and he'll be a midcarder at best after that.

The only real key player from that list will be Punk. The others will all be upper card guys who swap between the main event and midcard.

Wow, thats negative.

All three are key right now, the only other heels with a decent profile are Henry, Kane (already 40 plus) and Ziggler. The face wrestlers are not going to achieve much without heels to work against

hang on what thread is this. Oh yeah DB what a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

I will win the Rumble

Photos of Diabhal Beag in Memphis today surfacing in the dirtsheets already :D

Use spoiler tags there Brick Walsh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Meltzer reported the price of a bottle of Buckfast has tripled in the last 32 hours in the Memphis area..

Seriously lads I don't want to turn into Brodus Clay if this leaks out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement