Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

The American Dragon finally speaks

Total hero. He's carried himself with a lot of dignity through this, and is also avoiding the easy option of merely trashing WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't hear what he's saying. What did he talk about?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I can't hear what he's saying. What did he talk about?

Yeah, it's a bit ropey at the start - and I think he's doing the mumbly thing as a joke. Short summary is that he thanked the crowd a lot for bringing ties, and said that for the time being, he's going to try and bring as many people to independent wrestling as possible. Then he started talking 'PG', said Chikara was the best example of PG wrestling around, because guys still wrestled as hard as they could. Then invited people to the bank, promised he wouldn't try to flog them stuff if they asked for an autograph, and said thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Eh its clearly not 90 days since hes been released.. To quote the Hurricane.. "Whatsup with that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

geeky wrote: »
    The American Dragon finally speaks

Total hero. He's carried himself with a lot of dignity through this, and is also avoiding the easy option of merely trashing WWE.

Cheers for posting the video.

I can't see him trashing WWE during this at all. I'd say it's very likely that they have told him that he will be back sometime when this all blows over. Why risk getting yourself in a position that will get you more heat when you do return?

• Advertisement

Eh its clearly not 90 days since hes been released.. To quote the Hurricane.. "Whatsup with that?"

The 90 no compete clause prevents him from appearing on TV or PPV.

I thought the 90-day period only applied to televised promotions or appearances - and that was why we didn't see him on, say, ROH's PPV shortly after he left... Actually, while we're talking 90 days, does the talent receive any kind of payment during this period to compensate for the loss of earnings?
    chordtype wrote: »
    Cheers for posting the video.

I can't see him trashing WWE during this at all. I'd say it's very likely that they have told him that he will be back sometime when this all blows over. Why risk getting yourself in a position that will get you more heat when you do return?

You're probably right. Assuming this isn't a work, the report that McMahon himself called BD to let him go seems to indicate that WWE know he's gotten a raw deal. And top-level superstars have been pretty open about wanting the guy back. If this is real, I'd be stunned if they let him slip away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I didnt realise that, i was always under the impression it was all promotions for the 3 months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What I'm thinking though is that rumours have suggested that they'll bring him back once things have died down. When will that be though? Rumours also suggest that it's Linda senate campaign has caused this. I can't see him being brought back until that campaign is over and done with.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What I'm thinking though is that rumours have suggested that they'll bring him back once things have died down. When will that be though? Rumours also suggest that it's Linda senate campaign has caused this. I can't see him being brought back until that campaign is over and done with.

Janey, November is a long time to wait...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nah. He's allowed to compete on DGUSA I think. Why else would they book him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Maybe just on the live show rather than on the PPV? Like when Dreamer showed up?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Maybe just on the live show rather than on the PPV? Like when Dreamer showed up?
    You're probably right come to think of it Fla

I've read that his match will not be on the PPV.

I personally just can't wait until he is allowed to be on any sort of tv or dvd just to witness The Final Countdown entrance again.

Bryan Danielson had his first indie match last night in Taylor, MI for CHIKARA. They first played "Wild and Young," which the fans booed heavily, and then played "Final Countdown." Fans started throwing ties into the ring instead of streamers.

www.f4wonline.com

This is gonna catch on I think.

That's ****ing brilliant. Hope it does catch on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

His speech was good saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim Ross has posted the following on his Twitter account at http://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/17227167708: "Daniel bryan became relevant in 13 wks which is a big win. Sure hope wwe gives Bryan a 2nd chance some day. The kid has 'it.' Size non issue."

• Registered Users Posts: 53,900 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i love to see him go to TNA, just to piss of wwe

Headshot wrote: »
    i love to see him go to TNA, just to piss of wwe

They wouldn't even be aware of it if it happened tbh.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He's at it again..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,900 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

go wan Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

6h734m.jpg

bryanvsken.jpg

vincedoll.png

I love the above video. The nob in the crowd: "FIRE HIM!!!!!". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Class act.:)

http://officialbryandanielson.blogspot.com/2010/06/wwe-has-come-to-terms-on-release-of-nxt.html

WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors.”

Posted by WWE.com

Since this statement was released I’ve been bombarded with messages asking me if it’s real, and by now I’m sure that most people know that it is.

WWE is very serious about adhering to their PG guidelines, and apparently my actions during the NXT attack on John Cena, namely choking announcer Justin Roberts with his tie and spitting in Cena’s face, crossed the boundaries of what is considered “PG.” Perhaps the choking was too violent or perhaps the spit was too demeaning. I apologized for both immediately following the incident; but I would be a hypocrite if I apologized for putting everything I have into the attack. I would much rather have gone too far than to come up too short.

As with anyone who gets fired from their job, especially when they feel its unjust, I am angry. Very angry. But I can’t fault WWE for how they handled my release. My contract contained a 90 day no-compete clause in the event I was let go, yet the WWE has graciously allowed me start wrestling again on any show that’s not taped for television or pay per view.

So with the negatives there also come positives. Before I got signed by WWE last October, I worked hard to bring new fans to independent wrestling. But with most of us having little national exposure the only thing we could do was wrestle our hearts out and hope for word of mouth. Now that I’ve appeared on WWE television in front of millions of new fans, things are different. My goal is to garner as much interest in independent wrestling over the next 90 days as I possibly can. I hope that some of the people who enjoyed watching me wrestle on TV will give independent companies such as Evolve, Dragon Gate USA and Ring of Honor a chance. I think most of you would enjoy the intimacy between the fans and the wrestlers and the intensity of the action; if you ask the fans who went to the Chikara or AIW shows I was on this weekend, I’m sure 99% of them had a great time. So if you’ve never been to an independent show, go ahead and dip your toes in... you might find that the water is pretty nice.

As far as what happens after 90 days, nobody knows. I’ve “heard” that TNA is interested. There are petitions going around to get me back into WWE and the last several weeks there have been fans chanting my names at their shows. People have even brought signs showing their support. And though most of the signs get taken away and though WWE may not be listening to your chants or petitions, I truly appreciate all the support over the last several weeks. It is both overwhelming and heartwarming. But regardless of what offers come in, I am in no rush to make any rash decisions. I enjoy my freedom as much as I enjoyed the benefits offered by being in WWE. My future, as usual, is uncertain. But I am enjoying my return to the independents. I’m hoping to see some of you there.

He's a class act. I'd say 3-6 months on the indies and the WWE will take him back. No harm done. He has countless peopel in WWE who think very very highly of him, he'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah hope he avoids attempts to get him to TNA. Can't see long-term value in that for him.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I do hope he does return to the WWE he is a future world champ imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He is not a future world champ. As big a fan of his as I am, I am realistic enough to see that he will never ever get to those heights. What do you think he has in his arsenal that would propel him that high?

He has all the ability in the world, but he does not have the size, nor the gimmick (alá Rey Mysterio), or indeed the charisma to get to the top. I reckon he will be around the IC/US title area if ever he comes back. A solid wrestler to add a solid match in any show he appears, and maybe used as an enhancement talent for the main eventers. A decent foil for someone who wants to make the next step. In saying that, he does have some element of charisma, he can cut a promo, but nothing that will send him to the very top.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    He is not a future world champ. As big a fan of his as I am, I am realistic enough to see that he will never ever get to those heights. What do you think he has in his arsenal that would propel him that high?

He has all the ability in the world, but he does not have the size, nor the gimmick (alá Rey Mysterio), or indeed the charisma to get to the top. I reckon he will be around the IC/US title area if ever he comes back. A solid wrestler to add a solid match in any show he appears, and maybe used as an enhancement talent for the main eventers. A decent foil for someone who wants to make the next step. In saying that, he does have some element of charisma, he can cut a promo, but nothing that will send him to the very top.

I dont know Gimmick I think he could do it size isnt an issue (look at Punk and Rey both credible world champions) and before he left his promos were great he just needs a decent feud to help build him up

Advertisement