Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jim Ross has updated his blog over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below is an excerpt:
    "[Daniel] Bryan's release from WWE was a head scratcher but none of us likely know exactly what caused this matter to occur. I know that I don't. I do know that I am a fan of the young man's work and wouldn't be surprised to see him back in WWE in the future. If he made a mistake, hopefully it was simply a human error and those sorts of indiscretions are forgivable over time or at least they are in my eyes...
    Bryan was arguably the most talked about, most talented guy on NXT's first season and I just don't think that we've seen the last of him in WWE and that is not 'official' but merely my opinion. Bryan can become a star in WWE and I hope that opportunity presents itself for this respectful, young man of high character who is deserving of all the good things that can come his way. Call me an optimist if you choose but I think that this matter will have a happy ending."

How can someone who is so high up in the company not know what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

- In an update to the Daniel Bryan release, it's interesting to note that WWE has aired the infamous footage of Bryan choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his neck tie several times since Bryan's release on Friday. Spanish television channel Telemundo included tie choking on its weekend broadcast of last week's RAW. Several readers also sent in word that on the two Raw replays on the Universal HD cable channel also showed the tie choking shot over the weekend

- Regarding the Bryan Danielson situation, it's best to assume it's a work. May not be, but work or shoot, the way it was handled at this point makes no sense. If they went to the extent they did to make it an elaborate work, why give it away two days later as opposed to waiting for the moment on TV? If he really was fired, by this point there would be an explanation as to who exactly complained. With the inability to pinpoint it, the story starts to make less sense. If there was a rule violation, it wasn't something to be fired over and why was it shot because even if he didn't know, the director should. It may just be WWE trying to get its characters over on Twitter, given the doctrine for the guys to all get accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

WWE's greatest angle of the 21st Century at the end of the day lads.. WWE have worked us all brilliantly, using the internets biggest ever hero as they have is epic, at the end of the day WWE will never sack Danielson.. NEVER.. and would cetainly never let him go to TNA. All this attention whether good or bad is exactly what Vince loves, and if they let him continue on the indies then this angle will offically be the greatest of all time in my opinion

It could all do more harm that good in the end up. If this is a work then they not only worked the IWC (a tiny, tiny percentage of their fanbase) but their staff who'll probably be very pissed off and for what? A bit of a laugh at us? I sure as hell can't see this bringing in money either since Bryan isn't much of a name. I'll try not to judge it too much yet but currently it seems unnecessary, and possibly even harmful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    It could all do more harm that good in the end up. If this is a work then they not only worked the IWC (a tiny, tiny percentage of their fanbase) but their staff who'll probably be very pissed off and for what? A bit of a laugh at us? I sure as hell can't see this bringing in money either since Bryan isn't much of a name. I'll try not to judge it too much yet but currently it seems unnecessary, and possibly even harmful.

This.

If this is a work they have gone to any insane amount of effort to deceive an incredibly small percentage of their fanbase. You also must not forget their employees are no mugs, these are people from the likes of ESPN, and I doubt they will be happy with been deceived like this.

Its not a work though...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It could all do more harm that good in the end up. If this is a work then they not only worked the IWC (a tiny, tiny percentage of their fanbase)

almost all wwe fans access wwe.com though and wwe.com is where the story broke, wwe.com attracts 500,000 unique visitors to its site every single day, 15.5m unique visits a month, thats far from a tiny percentage

i am just back having not read any news in the last 5 days, this whole thing smells of work to me, but then what do i know :p stuff like the justin roberts thing, cmon, every bit of wwe is prescripted these days, nothing is done on the fly according to guys like terry funk and steve corino and they have worked recently in creative with wwe, vince, bryan, roberts, everyone in the back had that segment planned out before going out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Cena thing is bizarre. They are told to stay in character on that so if what he said is part of that, then it might well be an angle. Yet if it's not, Cena is going out on a limb for a young guy and breaching the company line.

Haven't looked forward to a Raw so much since Bret's return.

To think you once hatorized so much on Danielson, now he has you tuning into RAW!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

why does everyone keep saying this.................................

ok i accept that maybe its only a small percentage but the fact is there are hundreds and thousands at the very least. a half a million people is alot of people. if reports like this are going on that will only attract more to the IWC.

the fact is if this is a work it wont backfire what so ever. everyone will love it and want to see how it plays out. it would be silly to think WWE would suffer from a work like this.

on the opposite side if this is real i hope Bryan goes to TNA and tells WWE where to stick it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

flahavaj wrote: »
    To think you once hatorized so much on Danielson, now he has you tuning into RAW!!!:pac:

True! I must say he does possess qualities about him that I didn't recognise before. I would actually be disappointed if he is gone from the company as he's been good entertainment.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

rossie1977 wrote: »
    almost all wwe fans access wwe.com though and wwe.com is where the story broke, wwe.com attracts 500,000 unique visitors to its site every single day, 15.5m unique visits a month, thats far from a tiny percentage
    True, but the story didn't stay on the front page for long and when it was there it wasn't that noticeable. Pure assumption on my part but I would think not many of those 500,000 a day even seen it.
    Paulegend wrote: »
    why does everyone keep saying this.................................

ok i accept that maybe its only a small percentage but the fact is there are hundreds and thousands at the very least. a half a million people is alot of people. if reports like this are going on that will only attract more to the IWC.
    It is tiny. The size of and amount of business ROH draws for example in comparison to WWE is a fair indicator of that in my opinion. Besides, why bother going to the effort? We'll all watch anyway even when it's crap to have a good old moan about it during and after.

If this whole thing ends up being the beginning of a new boom period, great. Otherwise I don't see it being worth potentially pissing off valued staff members and performers if this ends up being a work. Guess we'll know a bit more in a few hours ;)

well he was mentioned:D

• Advertisement

i just thought of something............................(and it didnt hurt:D)

maybe the angle is this

Brett is the actual target(as said by another poster). the NXT stars are being hired by Vince to destroy Brett's tenure as GM. Wade is obviuosly the main heel for the NXT faction so he will be the leader. but Byran will eventually return to help Brett and he will eventually have the main event with Wade Barrett to finish the fued. throughout the fued loads can happen. Wade can win some title such as the US or the IC and the faction can win the tag titles from the Harts. the MITB PPV could have a couple of brief cases so who knows maybe the faction will win. the faction can just try to do as much damage as possible to RAW until the inevitable return of Daniel Bryan. oh oh oh they could also rape cole:D or hornswoggle

i dont think we will ever know if Bryan being fired was a work or reality being turned into a work. all i know is im enjoying it so far and i have a new energy for RAW:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Paulegend wrote: »
    oh oh oh they could also rape cole:D or hornswoggle

Graham Souness?:pac:

Dean820 wrote: »
    Graham Souness?:pac:

:D lol i forgot about that

i was refering to

the fun starts about 1:30

*edit* dam thats the stupidest version ive ever seen. wait for a new one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

As i said earlier on, since Danielson was mentioned on RAW, i think it's a work. The WWE have a habit of ignoring certain things if they want. If a superstar is involved in a significant storyline and is subsequintely fired, no mention of him is usually made in future. There was no real point in Wade mentioning Danielson's name tonight, so why did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Degag wrote: »
    As i said earlier on, since Danielson was mentioned on RAW, i think it's a work. The WWE have a habit of ignoring certain things if they want. If a superstar is involved in a significant storyline and is subsequintely fired, no mention of him is usually made in future. There was no real point in Wade mentioning Danielson's name tonight, so why did he?

I dunno if its a work or not but they did say in reports that WWE wanted to resign him after a couple of months. So maybe they're planting seeds for a Wade Barrett feud with Danielson upon his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but have WWE always had that big "PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME" on the front page of their website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I rolled my eyes when I heard their scripted excuse for Danielson not being there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Careful of spoilers here lads. tags if the needs be please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

RAW Spoiler:
    The minute I heard Wade mention his name, I knew it was scripted. WWE don't mention names of people they "future endeavored" on tv.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/AngryLlama/DSC00038.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

I dont know if this is a spoiler or not,maybe the mods can judge it for me,but did any1 regonise who was doing the driving.I wont say anymore just incase it is a spoiler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

littleman wrote: »
    I dont know if this is a spoiler or not,maybe the mods can judge it for me,but did any1 regonise who was doing the driving.I wont say anymore just incase it is a spoiler.
    The real driver spoiler

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6908/ff04a644b7ff3ee37be0d91.png

Storyline driver
    it's not B.D. who is driving the limo. It's Chris Jericho. Jericho was not shown on stage with all other guys at the end. Chris Jericho is pissed off that he is on a losing streak. Chris Jericho is Wade Barret's pro. Barrett said the NXT guys didn't have a beef with the most of the WWE locker room. (Except a few pro's) Jericho and Barrett and the NXT guys are going to join forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

littleman wrote: »
    I would take a massive guess that it would be a stunt driver. They would not let anyone without training reverse a limo at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

has bryan tweeted anything about his release

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He is taking bookings for Evolve.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/miscnews/article10012481.shtml

cena discusses Danielson and other stuff here. He comes across as such a decent bloke really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A question for those who would not have known much/did not belive the hype about Brian Danielson - if this indeed is real and he is back in the indies, would you be in any way more inclined to see his latest work, or check out some of he pre WWE exploits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gimmick wrote: »
    A question for those who would not have known much/did not belive the hype about Brian Danielson - if this indeed is real and he is back in the indies, would you be in any way more inclined to see his latest work, or check out some of he pre WWE exploits?

yea i didnt really see much of his stuff but ill definatly look at that earlier matches and of course his new indie work

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Great post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would make me inclined to check out some of his new stuff but not his earlier stuff.

As regards Cena's comments, it sounds like Danielson will be back in WWE sooner rather than later.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement