Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Content Speculation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

watty wrote: »
    I suggest a new thread for complaints, whining, whinging and also arguing we should have UK Freeview instead etc.

Why do we need a new thread when you yourself posted that a few days ago here in this thread .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66969208&postcount=135

The only difference now is outside websites published them a few days ago instead of posters here .

As far as I can see you are only posting them again to sidestep answering questions about the fact you would apparently like any channel on DTT even if it is nominally Irish ahead of a UK channel
    watty wrote:
    arguing we should have UK Freeview instead

You're the one who brought that up .Nobody else was arguing that .

I had to laugh when FREETV mentioned Rip off Republic in the next post

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There is no "current" setbox.

Within 9 months of launch and over a year before ASO, it's likely a Saorview box or a Saorsat box will be a similar price to Italy, France wherever.

At the minute you can only get uncertified boxes online for other countries.

The channel line up isn't rocket science. There is no money for new channels.

No-one should be buying any box or TV especially for Saorview till at least November. I have said that all along. Don't even think about saorsat box till the Satellite is working (which is nothing to do with RTE, it's a major European Rural Internet Initiative, 80 spot beams, EIGHT Internet Hubs / Earth Stations, which just happens to be about 1/10th of cost of 28.2 Sky/Freesat slot for TV. The Downlink for Internet is very similar to DVBS2 TV signal). Likely May/June.

2012 is the important period, It's likely that is when any free install for Satellite and free and subsidized boxes will appear. Costs will be much lower then. I expect Ryan meeting the 2012 ASO deadline will be like the original 1961 RTE TV start.
    It was really 1962 :) 31st Dec 1961. Of course in true Irish fashion the TV licence came in on August 1960. In case you had the BBC.

SPDUB wrote: »
    As far as I can see you are only posting them again to sidestep answering questions about the fact you would apparently like any channel on DTT even if it is nominally Irish ahead of a UK channel

Neither you nor I decides the Channel Line up.

There is a huge difference between what I would like and what the reality of a Small country will and can do.

I know what the realities are. I have never said I like them.

This thread was about content. We know now the content is going to be more or less what realistic people have always thought it would be.

I have worked for a Major Broadcaster. I worked as a consultant for a group setting up TV channels and recently I have evaluated various TV platforms (technology) and content (Channels, royalties, rights issues, EPG costs).

I have a realistic and expert view of what is possible. I didn't think we would even have the daytime Children's Channel and the RTE News Now and thought ANY HD content was about 1 year away. But actually RTE are borrowing money for Rollout.

There has been a lot of unrealistic expectations about DTT and Satellite in Ireland. We have a very small indigenous TV industry and group of channels. That's hard to compete with the basic FTA TV of our Neighbour that happens to speak same language and when ALL of Ireland can get those free by satellite. Basically apart from TV3e (which is irrelevant market share) we have no indigenous PayTV. Both UPC and Sky are basically reselling PayT designed for the UK market. They can only both operate here because one has satellite monopoly and one has cable monopoly (effectively).

No 3rd party can create an "Irish TV" platform or "Pay TV" platform. A pay DTT was never viable as competition to Sky/UPC as they already have 80% and there is no other content.

In 1998 basic pay platform with BBC, C4, ITV and Five on DTT was possible. After all this is how Irish MMDS and Cable came to be. But instead of 11 channels (mostly UK) UPC is now a Real USA style Multichannel with 120 channels on MMDS and 200+ on Cable.

Now all the main UK channels are FTA instead of encrypted. About 10 good channels, a further 30 OK channels out of 200+ FTA and 70+ Radio. So any prospect of a cheap pay UK TV Mux on DTT is dead. Between the near 80% of UPC/Sky and the additional FTA satellite there is no market for ANY pay DTT, least of all a clone of the 1990s MMDS.

That is reality. SCTV closing and no takers for the Pay DTT licence.

This thread was about content. We know now the content is going to be more or less what realistic people have always thought it would be.

And you just re-posted something from the other day ( that we already knew ) to try and shut down the thread when a line of question didn't go your way .
    watty wrote:
    I have worked for a Major Broadcaster. I worked as a consultant for a group setting up TV channels and recently I have evaluated various TV platforms (technology) and content (Channels, royalties, rights issues, EPG costs).

So in other words how dare we question you when you bring up an issue like running costs of a mux in relation to a UK channel let leave it out when talking about an Irish channel
    watty wrote:
    I have a realistic and expert view of what is possible. I didn't think we would even have the daytime Children's Channel and the RTE News Now and thought ANY HD content was about 1 year away. But actually RTE are borrowing money for Rollout.

Yet you still managed to get it wrong about those "channels"

watty wrote:
    There has been a lot of unrealistic expectations about DTT and Satellite in Ireland. We have a very small indigenous TV industry and group of channels. That's hard to compete with the basic FTA TV of our Neighbour that happens to speak same language and when ALL of Ireland can get those free by satellite. Basically apart from TV3e (which is irrelevant market share) we have no indigenous PayTV. Both UPC and Sky are basically reselling PayT designed for the UK market. They can only both operate here because one has satellite monopoly and one has cable monopoly (effectively).

No 3rd party can create an "Irish TV" platform or "Pay TV" platform. A pay DTT was never viable as competition to Sky/UPC as they already have 80% and there is no other content.

In 1998 basic pay platform with BBC, C4, ITV and Five on DTT was possible. After all this is how Irish MMDS and Cable came to be. But instead of 11 channels (mostly UK) UPC is now a Real USA style Multichannel with 120 channels on MMDS and 200+ on Cable.

Now all the main UK channels are FTA instead of encrypted. About 10 good channels, a further 30 OK channels out of 200+ FTA and 70+ Radio. So any prospect of a cheap pay UK TV Mux on DTT is dead. Between the near 80% of UPC/Sky and the additional FTA satellite there is no market for ANY pay DTT, least of all a clone of the 1990s MMDS.

Quite what most of that history lesson has to do with a thread about speculating on what content will be on the free-to-air digital terrestrial television platform is a bit of a mystery . It seems to be an attempt to throw out a few relevant points buried in a lot of irrelevant material .
    icdg wrote: »
    Feel free to speculate on what content will be on the free-to-air digital terrestrial television platform.... "Saorview"

Running cost of mux are not a valid argument against UK channels when it's not used against Irish Channel

And you just re-posted something from the other day ( that we already knew ) to try and shut down the thread when a line of question didn't go your way .
    That's nonsense. What channels I would like is irrelevant.

I reposted as some people appear not to realise that there is difference between Speculation and Wishful thinking, and indeed the posts suggested that they had "blinked" and missed it.

It was totally on topic. It's the pointless whinging about TV3e vs BBC4 that's off topic. Probably ANY of the BBC channels are better than TV3 and TV3e. That's not the point.

It's not RTENL's job or RTE's job too cherry pick channels for a new Irish Transmission network. The legal mandate is to replace Analogue TV. TV3 might be the most rubbish broadcaster in the World for all I know. That isn't the point. There is a Legal and Moral Obligation on the Government, RTE and RTENL to provide carriage for all the Irish stations. Eamonn Ryan and RTENL would look pretty stupid losing a court case brought by TV3. Because they would lose.

It's got nothing to do with if a particular Irish Channel is better or Worse than an UK one. This is the Irish Public Service Broadcast Digital system. It's not an alternate to Sky or UPC and is never and was never meant to be.

The Defunct, never living non-Saorview "Pay DTT" was the alternate platform. It doesn't exist. It's not viable. No one has taken nor will take out a licence for it.

The history lesson is to help explain where we are because some people seem lost. UK TV on the Public Serivce Broadcasting Mux is not and never was an option. That was a payTV option

Get a Dish and a Freesat HD box and get over it. Or a UPC or Sky Pay TV sub.

There is no Irish pay DTT. Just the Public Service Broadcast DTT, now being expanded from original 1 to now 2 MUX (though in 1999 it was 3 Mux).

It's still not too clear how RTE is going to Fill both daytime RTE1, RTE2 and the new Children's Channel , that's 50% more daytime content. The RTE news now certainly needs a bit more spent on it too. So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Neither you nor I decides the Channel Line up.

There is a huge difference between what I would like and what the reality of a Small country will and can do.

I know what the realities are. I have never said I like them.

Pretty much everything you say makes a whole lot more sense than a few of the regular posters on here. You are an encyclopaedia of knowledge and information, particularily on the technical side of Satellite, DTT and Electronics, broadcasting etc so you never need Watty to take heed if anyone gives you any flack on Boards as you probably know a whole lot more than any of the posters. As regards the 100 Euro for the settop boxes, I was wondering whether Mr Hayes knew what he was talking about with that figure. Hopefully a Saorview+pvr box with twin tuners will be that or lower soon. FTA TV is poor anyway during the Summer months, endless repeats and only about 25% of the ones available FTA on ASTRA 28.2E are worth watching. A lot of people will ditch Sky and UPC because of the proposed Saorview channel lineup and I am glad that TV3 and 3e will be present from the launch as there will be more American Police Dramas etc to watch that are also on pay tv so those of us who watch FTA won't lose out on as many tv programmes. :)

Get a Dish and a Freesat HD box and get over it.

Have them .

It's very noticeable you appear to not like to be questioned on anything and will try to change the subject if so questioned as this thread so clearly shows .
    I reposted as some people appear not to realise that there is difference between Speculation and Wishful thinking, and indeed the posts suggested that they had "blinked" and missed it.

You posted to try and shut down any questioning of you since all of that information was posted the other day on at least 2 posts on this thread and also elsewhere in this forum
    It seems we need a new thread. The soarview content speculation is over.
    It was totally on topic. It's the pointless whinging about TV3e vs BBC4 that's off topic. Probably ANY of the BBC channels are better than TV3 and TV3e. That's not the point.

It's not RTENL's job or RTE's job too cherry pick channels for a new Irish Transmission network. The legal mandate is to replace Analogue TV. TV3 might be the most rubbish broadcaster in the World for all I know. That isn't the point. There is a Legal and Moral Obligation on the Government, RTE and RTENL to provide carriage for all the Irish stations. Eamonn Ryan and RTENL would look pretty stupid losing a court case brought by TV3. Because they would lose.

Yet your argument earlier was the running cost of the mux not any of what you have now posted .
    watty wrote:
    It's still not too clear how RTE is going to Fill both daytime RTE1, RTE2 and the new Children's Channel , that's 50% more daytime content. The RTE news now certainly needs a bit more spent on it too. So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have wrong.

That you thought in your
    watty wrote:
    realistic and expert view of what is possible
    that those channels wouldn't exist

I answer technical questions (if I know the answer). I don't answer personal or pointless questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

It's time to chill guys and stop arguing about matters that we may have differences of opinion on and respect another posters opinion whatever that opinion maybe, especially arguing over things that we cannot change and have no control over. Things are bad enough in the country as a whole. We need to offer constructive criticism on here with ideas and stop nit picking. :D

I don't answer personal

Nobody is asking you to answer such questions .
    watty wrote:
    or pointless questions.

Though I'd like to know how asking why you bring up running costs of a mux in relation to one set of channels but not another is pointless .

It's a very relevant question

• Advertisement

The running costs for Irish channels is irrelevent because they have to be carried. TV3, TG4 and RTE* will pay the running costs of the 2 x PSB Mux pro-rata according to bandwidth used.

PSB Mux = "Public Service Broadcast" aka "Free DTT" aka "Not the pay DTT" aka "Replacement for existing Analogue", given the name Saorview by RTENL. Which is the Irish for Free glued to view.

The Pay DTT operator would pay for other Mux. But there is no such operator.

Really I have no idea what you are trying to "prove". This is a replacement for the Analogue Terrestrial. The Pay DTT and other channels was NEVER part of Saorview. It's gone now, scrapped.

(* Yes RTE pay RTENL, a bit mad, but that's what the Government decided in 1999. The charges have been independently audited. TV3 (per channel) will be paying much less after ASO, which should make them happy)

The running costs for Irish channels is irrelevent because they have to be carried. TV3, TG4 and RTE* will pay the running costs of the 2 x PSB Mux pro-rata according to bandwidth used.

The running costs for Irish channels is not irrelevent . It's still a cost that has to be paid .

RTE ,TV3 and TG4 can't just say to RTENL "well we not going to pay you anything since we have to be carried "

And someone is obviously paying for Euronews (RTE it appears ) to be carried even it only on for part of the day
    watty wrote:
    PSB Mux = "Public Service Broadcast" aka "Free DTT" aka "Not the pay DTT" aka "Replacement for existing Analogue", given the name Saorview by RTENL. Which is the Irish for Free glued to view.

I already know the etymology of Saorview .Indeed it was mentioned in the first post in this thread .
    The Pay DTT operator would pay for other Mux. But there is no such operator.

What that non sequitur about another mux has to do with this thread only you and God know .
    The Pay DTT and other channels was NEVER part of Saorview. It's gone now, scrapped.

And who said they were .I know I didn't .

The running costs for Irish channels is not irrelevent . It's still a cost that has to be paid .

RTE ,TV3 and TG4 can't just say to RTENL "well we not going to pay you anything since we have to be carried "

And someone is obviously paying for Euronews (RTE it appears ) to be carried even it only on for part of the day

I already know the etymology of Saorview .Indeed it was mentioned in the first post in this thread .

What that non sequitur about another mux has to do with this thread only you and God know .

And who said they were .I know I didn't .

You are not making sense. Of course TV3, TG4 and RTE will pay, but vs non-Irish channel the cost is irrelevant. They are paying more now. DTT replaces Analogue.
    Euronews is for all the European Broadcasters. RTE/TG4 carry it now overnight. Many other PSB networks in Europe carry it. It's Free to Carry. I fail to see what your point or objection is. Perhaps you don't understand what Euronews is.

You keep complaining about the channel line up and mentioning BBC etc. BBC would only be relevant to another non-PSB mux. Soarview is simply for the Replacement of existing Analogue TV. It's not and never was intended to carry anything else. Euronews is simply overnight content instead of playing the Soldiers Song and having a test card. They do it now. To drop it on DTT would be perverse. If there was space and money it could be argued that it should have a full channel on the PSB mux.
    Euronews
    Selected by the European Commission to broadcast EU-related programming, its function corresponds to a public national broadcaster. The channel receives €5 million of funding each year, and 10% or more of its production must consist of information and debates which are directly related to issues regarding the European Union. The channel also devoted a significant amount of attention to EU-related subjects prior to receiving this mandate due to its pan-European television network formation.

Euronews isn't a European flavour of CNN or BBC World or DW-TV. It's a special Pan-European PSB for European PSBs to transmit in entirety on their network or take content in a Channel.

So SPDUB instead of "sniping" at me and making stupid allegations about my posts or responses:
    1) Read up on the concept of a national TV network and Public Service Broadcasting.
    2) Tell us then what can be added to or dropped from Saorview (the Replacement for our Analogue Network.
    Bear in mind these constraints:
    • 1 Mux now, 2nd in 2012 and no more ever
    • HD versions take x4 space of SD and the two mux have to carry at least 4 HD channels
    • BBC or ITV can't pay to be carried, nor can RTE pay to carry Foreign TV (Euronews isn't Foreign TV, there is almost an obligation to carry some of it at least)
    • Saorview is only "licensed" as PSB network. Anything that isn't Irish PSB related or an Irish channel has to be on PayTV mux, though the pay TV operator can offer free channels.
    • Any RTE or government subsidy or carriage of Non-Irish stations would see Sky & UPC complaints to Competition Authority (they would win). Only a Pay TV operator (BAI PayTV licence) can do that and the payTV operator can then do free BBC channels, but can only subsidize that from their own revenue. Not TV licence or Government subsidy. There is no Terrestrial PayTV operator.

Finally bear in mind we don't actually get to choose the Saorview line up at all. It's decided by the three Irish Broadcasters, exclusively. In turn their content has to meet the approval of BAI. The BAI constraints are in turn set by the people we elected.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcasting_Authority_of_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tlaavtech

A potential service line up could include the following:

Television
    Radio
    RTÉ One
    RTÉ Radio 1
    RTÉ Two (HD light)
    RTÉ Radio 1 Extra
    TV3
    RTÉ 2 FM
    TG4
    RTÉ RnaG
    RTÉ News Now
    RTÉ Lyric FM
    RTÉ One +1/RTÉ Children’s / Euronews
    RTÉ Choice
    3e
    RTÉ Gold
    RTÉ Digital Teletext
    RTÉ Junior/RTÉ Chill

RTÉ Pulse/RTÉ 2xm

The attachment shows the current stats on the transponder.

The bit that worries me is the use of the "HD Light" phrase. Looking at the current capacities, it seems to me that HD Light tranlates as what everyone else would consider to be SD i.e 720x576 (actually 704x576) while all the other channels are at crappy 544x576.

This prospect displeases me :(

I looks like the powers that be have decided that quantity is more important than quality, and we will have to wait until Mux2 launch for any improvement in picture quality.

Also, note the use of the phrase
    A potential service line up could include the following:

The content is by no means fixed yet!
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/STUDIO%7E1.WIT/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Studio.WIT-E779E9D1309/Desktop/Mux1.jpg[/IMG]

HD Lite referrs to the fact it's only part time till there is a second mux, not resolution.
    It will likely be 1440 x1080i, which is anamorphic WS HD, which is what UK uses on Terrestrial HD also.

The doubt in line up is because TV3 doesn't have to put TV3e on initially* and they have to find 50% more content for daytime:
    RTE1 + RTE2 /Den ==>> RTE1 + RTE2 + Children's Channel (Den?)

It's likely Most Sport/Special event that they will be on RTE2 on evening or Weekend. To find the HD bit rate, most likely they will:
    1) Actually replace RTE2 SD with RTE2HD, no simulcast since "entry level" Saorview includes Set-box with downsample to SD.
    2) Drop bit rate of RTE News Now by using 384 x 288 as Sky and some shopping channels do, or Have RTE News Now as Slide show (even lower bit rate) 544 x576.
    3) Drop RTE1 +1 entirely during the Sport/HD program.

I think if TV3e and TV3 are on board before the 2nd mux starts that's what they have to do. (*)If TV3 decline to pay and want to wait for more DTT viewers (which before ASO they might technically be able to do while they argue about carriage cost, then RTE2 SD => RTE2 HD morph during some sport is easier, no need for 2nd two options.

So what are the chances of getting RTE 1/TG4 up to full res at launch?

544 x 576 is common on satellite and terrestrial. (ITV on Sat I think)

Given that they have only have one mux, if TV3 launches, it's unlikely they can do 720x576 or 704x576.

544 x576 with decent encoder settings is better than 720x576 with same (i.e. not enough) bit rate.

544 x 576 is common on satellite and terrestrial. (ITV on Sat I think)

Given that they have only have one mux, if TV3 launches, it's unlikely they can do 720x576 or 704x576.

544 x576 with decent encoder settings is better than 720x576 with same (i.e. not enough) bit rate.

My problem with this res is that I view on a 720p projector - The res difference is very obvious especially in text/captions/titles.

get a set-box that does better de-interlacing and resampling to your projector native mode.

is it 1280 x 720p?

And is it 50fps, 25fps, 30fps or 60fps?

Yes, 720 x 576i to 1280x720p is poor and and 544x576i to 1280x720p is worse. The so called HD Ready of 1366 x 768 is usually better and mimimum LCD/Plasma/Projector or DLP for PAL SD. Actual SD displays are the worse compared to CRT.

get a set-box that does better de-interlacing and resampling to your projector native mode.

is it 1280 x 720p?

And is it 50fps, 25fps, 30fps or 60fps?

Yes, 720 x 576i to 1280x720p is poor and and 544x576i to 1280x720p is worse. The so called HD Ready of 1366 x 768 is usually better and mimimum LCD/Plasma/Projector or DLP for PAL SD. Actual SD displays are the worse compared to CRT.

:o I am an AV technican, so I do know a bit about the process! It is a 720p projector, with the video card set to 50Hz 720p. I use the ATI on-board codec since that gives best de-interlacing. I also stream to a PS3, as an alternative but you still see a hugh amount of jagged edges on text.

And why they ever invented 1366x768 panels for HD ready TV's is beyond me :confused:

• Advertisement

They are WXGA PC panels of course!

A set-box will do better job of 720p. Certainly the PC graphics cards are a variable quantity!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I believe 12 radio channels are proposed for the first mux. RTÉ currently transmits 9 streams could be the 3 others be Today FM, Newstalk and 4FM now that the commercial multiplexes will not launch?

The RTE Content Document lists 9 or 11
    1. RTÉ Radio 1
    2. RTÉ Radio 1 Extra
    3. RTÉ 2 FM
    4. RTÉ RnaG
    5. RTÉ Lyric FM
    6. RTÉ Choice
    7. RTÉ Gold
    8. RTÉ Junior/RTÉ Chill
    9. RTÉ Pulse/RTÉ 2xm
    Some media reports alleged 12 stations.

Wikipedia says
    1. RTÉ Radio 1, 128 kbit/s Stereo
    2. RTÉ Radio 1 Extra, 64 kbit/s Mono (part-time service, uses bandwidth from Choice and Chill)
    3. RTÉ 2fm, 128 kbit/s Stereo
    4. RTÉ lyric fm, 160 kbit/s Stereo
    5. RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta, 112 kbit/s Stereo
    6. RTÉ Choice, 112 kbit/s Stereo. Drops to 80kbit/s Mono when required.
    7. RTÉ Gold, 128 kbit/s Stereo
    8. RTÉ 2XM, 128 kbit/s Stereo
    9. RTÉ Junior(07:00-21:00) RTÉ Chill (21:00-07:00), 128 kbit/s Stereo, Drops to 96kbit/s Mono when required
    10. RTÉ Pulse, 128 kbit/s Stereo
    In communication with me RTE mention 10 Digital Radio Stations (but don't list them).

http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/index.html
    RTE Web site Lists SIX digital Stations.
    1. RTÉ Choice
    2. RTÉ Gold
    3. RTÉ Junior
    4. RTÉ 2XM
    5. RTÉ Pulse
    6. RTÉ Chill
    (but Junior and Chill time share so that is 5?)
    There is also 5 others:
    1. RTE Radio 1
    2. RTE Radio 2
    3. RTE Lyric FM
    4. RTE RnaG
    5. RTE 1 Extra (mostly RTE1 extra Sport & Religion). Maybe this is LW R1 as this is not on FM and is mostly RTE1?
    The first 4 at least must be on DAB as well as the Digital Only stations? (I can look at Spectrum of DAB, but I have no receiver for it :) ) So total 10

On Sky we have (out of 80 Radio):
    1. 0163 RTE 1
    2. 0164 RTE 2 FM
    3. 0165 RTE Lyric FM
    4. 0166 RTE RnaG
    5. 0142 RTE 1 Extra

Did RTE 1 Extra used to be called RTE International?

Today FM, Newstalk and 4FM sound like likely candidates if it is more, but the RTE proposal to Oireachtas only lists the RTE stations (which are 9, 10 or 11 depending how you count them).

The DAB bitrates (if Wikipedia is correct) are low for MP2 codec, which DAB uses, "so so" for MP3 and would be quite good on AAC (possible on DAB+, Saorview/Saorsat and only codec for DRM and DRM+).

I'd like to see RTE Digital Radio be DAB+ and same AAC bitrate/codec on all digital Platforms.

watty wrote:
    Soarview is simply for the Replacement of existing Analogue TV. It's not and never was intended to carry anything else.

So please tell me where on the current Analogue system are 3e,News Now ,RTE1+1 .
    watty wrote:
    So SPDUB instead of "sniping" at me and making stupid allegations about my posts or responses

So pointing out you make statements like
    ....Cost of Mux rollout, electricity to run it....

And asking why you don't bring up that in relation to Irish channels

to which your answer was to bring up a point which only you know exactly why you brought up
    I think some people would only be happy if RTE, TG4 and TV3 closed and the UK simply rolled out Freeview here.

No answer there to my question .

The next post was
    It seems we need a new thread. The soarview content speculation is over.
    to which I pointed out was already posted in this thread at least twice already

You then posted , and please tell what other way it was meant to be taken than I am an expert and don't question me
    watty wrote:
    I have worked for a Major Broadcaster. I worked as a consultant for a group setting up TV channels and recently I have evaluated various TV platforms .. and content ...I have a realistic and expert view of what is possible.

Still no answer and your response to me after that was again no answer
    Get a Dish and a Freesat HD box and get over it.

I asked you a question to which you gave no answer to the question numerous times instead "answering " something which hadn't been asked

Apparently to you pointing that out is "sniping" and "allegations"

Only this morning can it be said that you gave any sort of answer though burying it in a sea of material doesn't help .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

I dont know about anyone else but I am dizzy from reading this tennis match like back and forth and I still havent grasped what the point SPDUB is trying to make!

Is it that RTE NL should carry a UK terrestrial station instead of 3E and that that is fair speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

STB wrote: »
    I still havent grasped what the point SPDUB is trying to make!

+1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I dont know about anyone else but I am dizzy from reading this tennis match like back and forth and I still havent grasped what the point SPDUB is trying to make!

Is it that RTE NL should carry a UK terrestrial station instead of 3E and that that is fair speculation?

..... or instead of TV3 and 3E?

and that that is fair speculation?

No .

You're intelligent STB .Read the posts again if necessary.

I can hear a pitter patter...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Can we cool it with the personal insults and get back on topic, please.

Advertisement