Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Enniscorthy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭jpb1974

LOL - games be going on with the ol' councillors. I love that they claim to have spent many hours researching before making a decision :D

I thought it was an entertaining post by Jackser, as is most of what he posts on Facebook. I think a 30 min trip to the dentist is the longest I've ever parked the car for down town... or when waiting for the young lad to get his haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Just been for a walk down the prom. Absolutely disgusted at what I saw at the playground at the Riverside. What f**king pigs thought this was even remotely smart or funny?

arseagon wrote: »
    Just been for a walk down the prom. Absolutely disgusted at what I saw at the playground at the Riverside. What f**king pigs thought this was even remotely smart or funny?

Walked past it this morning myself, brain dead whoever did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Mindless vandalism by scumbags who probably don't even know what the symbol means

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

It's just been pointed out to me that it's the wrong way round.... idiots!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,514 ✭✭✭CoBo55

paulaa wrote: »
    Mindless vandalism by scumbags who probably don't even know what the symbol means

It's going the wrong way if their intention was to support the Nazis... It's the Charlie's angles version!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

arseagon wrote: »

It's been like that for months.

Here's another part of the playground last April.

NAZI%2BLOGO.JPG

J J Murphy's shoe shop on Slaney Street looks well after dark. Very obliging people to deal with too!

J%2BJ%2BMURPHYS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭blindsider

Agreed DM - very nice and helpful staff!

Nice write up from the pub spy for the lads in the Antique. Two sound lads in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was in TJ Murphy's for the first time last week,some difference compared to the dark hole that was Popovici's.
    A nice pint in it too.

I was in TJ Murphy's for the first time last week,some difference compared to the dark hole that was Popovici's.
    A nice pint in it too.

Bejaysus you're a brave man:D Plenty of eye candy always helps!!

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Bejaysus you're a brave man:D Plenty of eye candy always helps!!

All the scumbags have moved to the bar on Castle Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

All the scumbags have moved to the bar on Castle Hill.

Nicky runs a good pub, haven't been across yet to his new one, but I do like Tosses

Nicky runs a good pub, haven't been across yet to his new one, but I do like Tosses

It's always snowing in Tosses!!

It's always snowing in Tosses!!

:);)

I went to the toilet one night in it and 3 lads with thick country accents were in the cubicle arguing over who was the best welder and emerged after forgetting to wipe their noses.
    It's in every pub in the town and country anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Something has to be done about the taxi situation in the town. I was out in town 3 nights over Christmas, one night I slept in the car until my father was awake the next morning (I was definitely not sober enough to drive home), and on 2 other occasions I walked along a country road as I could not get a taxi.
    There was absolutely no way of getting a taxi home, if our town council and chamber of commerce (or whoever is responsible) want to improve the town as a place to go out, the starting point has to be a functioning taxi service.
    I don't have all the answers, but it is a recipe for disaster for an already struggling town to have so many people hanging around it trying to get home.
    How has it come to this for the town? Rant over.

Demand outweighs supply in every town and city in the country at this time of year. Unfortunately, I can only imagine that its not economically viable for the handful of local taxi companies to have additional vehicles and drivers on demand purely to cater for seasonal peak times, so they attempt to manage with what they have.

Something has to be done about the taxi situation in the town. I was out in town 3 nights over Christmas, one night I slept in the car until my father was awake the next morning (I was definitely not sober enough to drive home), and on 2 other occasions I walked along a country road as I could not get a taxi.
    There was absolutely no way of getting a taxi home, if our town council and chamber of commerce (or whoever is responsible) want to improve the town as a place to go out, the starting point has to be a functioning taxi service.
    I don't have all the answers, but it is a recipe for disaster for an already struggling town to have so many people hanging around it trying to get home.
    How has it come to this for the town? Rant over.

You were taking a chance sleeping in your car, you can be done for drunk in charge of a motor vehicle. I don't have any answer regarding the cab situation but I do know it's impossible to get drivers as the entrance exam is very difficult. I'm talking about proper PSV drivers, not fellas driving around in a clapped out 16 year old transit on a dodgy D1 licence and an even dodgier insurance situation.

You were taking a chance sleeping in your car, you can be done for drunk in charge of a motor vehicle. I don't have any answer regarding the cab situation but I do know it's impossible to get drivers as the entrance exam is very difficult. I'm talking about proper PSV drivers, not fellas driving around in a clapped out 16 year old transit on a dodgy D1 licence and an even dodgier insurance situation.

I think only if you are sitting in the drivers seat?

I get the point re the cab situation, but if it is impossible to get a taxi, the only loser will ultimately be the town. I am sure Enniscorthy is not unique in this regard, and many other small towns have a similar problem.

I have however heard stories about people not paying drivers, arguing over fares, etc, which probably does not help the situation.

• Advertisement

I think only if you are sitting in the drivers seat?

I get the point re the cab situation, but if it is impossible to get a taxi, the only loser will ultimately be the town. I am sure Enniscorthy is not unique in this regard, and many other small towns have a similar problem.

I have however heard stories about people not paying drivers, arguing over fares, etc, which probably does not help the situation.

Getting driven all over the county in a stinking transit for what should be a 15 minute drive doesn't help passengers nerves and leads to conflicts. Luckily I live in town and can walk home if they're very busy, I refuse to travel with a D1 driver that has no I.D. displayed.

Sleeping in the car can be very risky, some guards will leave you alone but many won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Con62

Hi. If your going out, knowing you will have a few drinks and taxis, hackneys and local bus services will not be available to bring you home. The obvious thing to do is organise your own lift with a family member, friend or neighbour
    There were plenty of us waiting on the quays on pick up duty ... and glad to do it. It could be our turn next week ...

Con62 wrote: »
    Hi. If your going out, knowing you will have a few drinks and taxis, hackneys and local bus services will not be available to bring you home. The obvious thing to do is organise your own lift with a family member, friend or neighbour
    There were plenty of us waiting on the quays on pick up duty ... and glad to do it. It could be our turn next week ...

If only life were always so simple!! Now where is my butler to pick me up when I need him.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The Drug Wars continue...the 'new' Sam McCauley's - across the road from Grant's and it seems to be doing the same amount of business.

Sam%2BMcCauleys%2B2.jpg

Surprise, surprise, the 'new' Sam McCauley's closed down yesterday after a hectic 12 months in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Surprise, surprise, the 'new' Sam McCauley's closed down yesterday after a hectic 12 months in operation.

That's a pity. Another empty shop.

An early morning ramble around town - an expensive buggy in the river by the new bridge (hopefully its contents didn't end up in the river too); the work of the village idiots in evidence at the Berney Saddlery and inexplicably, several months on, the smashed window at Sherry Fitzgerald remains unrepaired.

BUGGY%2BFINAL.jpgBERNEY%2BFINAL.jpg
    SF%2BBLUR.jpg

New phone accessories shop open at the bottom of Weafer Street.

There's a new notice on the door of The Old House, something to do with the regeneration project. I was driving by so couldn't get a good look.

New phone accessories shop open at the bottom of Weafer Street.

There's a new notice on the door of The Old House, something to do with the regeneration project. I was driving by so couldn't get a good look.

Can't see that lasting.

This from Facebook. What are young people in Enniscorthy taught in school? Obviously not to respect their heritage? The '98 monument in the Mkt.Square is vandalised too and ignored by the powers that be.

Vinegar%2BHill.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,594 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This from Facebook. What are young people in Enniscorthy taught in school? Obviously not to respect their heritage? The '98 monument in the Mkt.Square is vandalised too and ignored by the powers that be.

Vinegar%2BHill.jpg

Maybe the people who did that didn't go to school? Quite a few scramblers and quad bikes being driven around up the top of the Shannon since Christmas.

Advertisement