Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enniscorthy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Some of the stuff going on around this town being overseen by local authorities is pure and simple shameful.

Couple of other things -

Two hours free parking has been announced for certain days in the run up to Christmas. I've seen some locals complaining on Facebook that it should be all day free parking etc. Here's the thing - go down and take a look at the cars on double yellow lines and up on top of the footpath parked outside Dunnes Stores in the run up to Christmas and ask yourself - is it possible to get a parking ticket in this town? Only yesterday, spotted a lazy cnut parked almost on the bend outside the front door, made sure he saw me as I nodded my head in disbelief. Personally I wouldn't be worrying too much about paying for parking, you really have to push it to get ticketed around here. One person commented that it'd be impossible to spend 2 hours shopping in this town, which I thought was quite humorous.

I heard that local businesses were so shocked at the state of the Christmas Tree that was erected in the Market Square that they complained and it had to be taken down a replaced.

Years of evidence certainly suggests that the town is being run by a shower of incompetent idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Some of the stuff going on around this town being overseen by local authorities is pure and simple shameful.

Couple of other things -

Two hours free parking has been announced for certain days in the run up to Christmas. I've seen some locals complaining on Facebook that it should be all day free parking etc. Here's the thing - go down and take a look at the cars on double yellow lines and up on top of the footpath parked outside Dunnes Stores in the run up to Christmas and ask yourself - is it possible to get a parking ticket in this town? Only yesterday, spotted a lazy cnut parked almost on the bend outside the front door, made sure he saw me as I nodded my head in disbelief. Personally I wouldn't be worrying too much about paying for parking, you really have to push it to get ticketed around here. One person commented that it'd be impossible to spend 2 hours shopping in this town, which I thought was quite humorous.

I heard that local businesses were so shocked at the state of the Christmas Tree that was erected in the Market Square that they complained and it had to be taken down a replaced.

Years of evidence certainly suggests that the town is being run by a shower of incompetent idiots.

Think it was someone from the traders association on South East Radio the other day giving the annual we're doing great and business is booming speech.
    They have to be positive I suppose,but he must have been biting his lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭CoBo55

kneemos wrote: »
    Think it was someone from the traders association on South East Radio the other day giving the annual we're doing great and business is booming speech.
    They have to be positive I suppose,but he must have been biting his lip.

Biting a grain of valium more like!!

Couple of other things -

Between Pettitts Dunnes and outside the post office it's an absolute joke. Moving craw thumper time to 6 o'clock on Saturday evening hasn't helped either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The free parking is for council controlled car parks,a few of the days mentioned are Sundays which is free parking anyway.
    Whatever Christmas shopping I'll be doing in the town is for groceries as there's nothing else in the town that's wanted or available.

Regards to the work done by the LA, private contractors dug up roads all over the place and they are reinstated perfectly,the council dug a hole at the roundabout on Summerhill and you'd swear toddlers reinstated the surface. It's a disgrace that such a poor standard of work is deemed acceptable. I worked on civils projects before and you'd never get away with leaving a job finished like that.

• Advertisement

The free parking is for council controlled car parks,a few of the days mentioned are Sundays which is free parking anyway.
    Whatever Christmas shopping I'll be doing in the town is for groceries as there's nothing else in the town that's wanted or available.

Regards to the work done by the LA, private contractors dug up roads all over the place and they are reinstated perfectly,the council dug a hole at the roundabout on Summerhill and you'd swear toddlers reinstated the surface. It's a disgrace that such a poor standard of work is deemed acceptable. I worked on civils projects before and you'd never get away with leaving a job finished like that.

It was actually better with the big hole as people had to obey the rules of the road and treat it as a roundabout.

Drove over it yesterday... and cringed. Another absolute shambles.

In the meantime... hundreds of thousands, possibly more, to be spent on a pedestrian bridge we don't appear to need (I'll be glad if someone can convince me otherwise). The mind boggles...

Drove over it yesterday... and cringed. Another absolute shambles.

In the meantime... hundreds of thousands, possibly more, to be spent on a pedestrian bridge we don't appear to need (I'm be glad if someone can convince me otherwise). The mind boggles...

See see.. try driving around it next time :D..

CoBo55 wrote: »
    It was actually better with the big hole as people had to obey the rules of the road and treat it as a roundabout.

With the state of the 'repairs' the hole will be back soon enough. How can anyone think using the back of a shovel to level tarmac is an acceptable finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That was Monageer Contracting that did the job at Summerhill. They also worked on a leak out by the rugby club and had to come back twice as the water was worse than when they started.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That was Monageer Contracting that did the job at Summerhill. They also worked on a leak out by the rugby club and had to come back twice as the water was worse than when they started.

They're dreadful, fcukin layabouts breast feeding shovels all day long.

Guess who signed off on the work though.;)

Guess who signed off on the work though.;)

Was it you ;)

Was it you ;)

I've higher standards than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

In case anybody missed it, here is the first tree last Saturday. :D

blur_edges.jpg

CoBo55 wrote: »
    See see.. try driving around it next time :D..

I'm pretty sure the "repair" runs from the body of the roundabout itself onto the standard driving surface by a few feet.

Del.Monte wrote: »

For some reason, the chandelier scene from Only Fools and Horses springs to mind. Just the epic stupidity of the whole thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

blur_edges.jpg

Very er... minimalist :).

Will there be a Christmas tree expo in St Mary's this year?

Haven't heard about the Christmas Tree Festival this year but don't forget the Annual Bazaar this weekend.

enniscorthy-christmas-bazaar.jpg?w=620

The new tree is up and looks a lot better,an expensive mistake by putting up the first one.
    Stevie Wonder must have been doing the checks when it was delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Pinkfoot1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The Dublin/Wexford Rd is to revert back to 100 kmh.
    Except for the widest part between Blackstoops and Scarwalsh which due to it being an industrial zone is staying at 80kmh.

Will make perfect sense for everyone driving along it no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What happened the 1st tree???

Did it snap?
    Or stolen?

What happened the 1st tree???

Did it snap?
    Or stolen?

It was missing about 1/4 of it's branches when the lads brought it into the square. They put it up and then Facebook went to town on it.

Planning permission notice by the entrance to St. Senans hospital. It'll be good to see it redeveloped and not let go to ruin like the old Wexford hospital has been.

Michael Whites on the Market Square has apparently been sold for circa €130k.

Michael Whites on the Market Square has apparently been sold for circa €130k.

Cheap for a prime location in the town.

Old Hughes Blake office at the top of Castle Hill being gutted today.

Old Hughes Blake office at the top of Castle Hill being gutted today.

They better take it handy or it will fall down.

• Advertisement

Someone must be monitoring this thread,I mentioned the state of the road in Templeshannon and somebody made an attempt to repair it, looking at the state of the job they did, they needn't have bothered. It's disgraceful.

Advertisement