Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    totally…some of his solo stuff kinda rocks, too…stadium rock like…crappy video though…

There was some awful stuff as well though

As one former Maiden singer grows old disgracefully, another ploughs on with some dignity.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/blaze-bayley-performs-iron-maiden-wolfsbane-songs-on-soundtracks-of-my-life-dvd/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rorzz

I actually like the ASAP album, Down the Wire is a monster of a song.

His Psycho Motel stuff is worth checking out as well, quite brooding and heavy.

I have a lot of respect for Blaze, he's always tried his best and deserves any success he gets. His live shows are excellent, and "The Man Who Would Not Die" is a cracking album.

Have you heard his recent single "Eating Children"? If not, probably best to keep it that way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It'll probably be later this year or sometime next year before we get any news that Maiden are starting work on album #16

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It'll probably be later this year or sometime next year before we get any news that Maiden are starting work on album #16

They are in Paris atm which suggests either writing or rehearsals

• Advertisement

Rorzz wrote: »

And you know this how?

And you know this how?

Nicko and Adrian were photographed at Roland Garros during the Davis Cup, which sent the French Metal press into overdrive, and considering that they always rehearse in Paris, and that neither Adrian nor Nicko live anywhere near Paris, the probability is that it is Maiden related.

Also in an e-mail to a FB friend of mine, the Editor of the Fan Club magazine said that there won't be another FC magazine until Christmas, when they will have some "new information" to announce. So hopefully about a new album/tour, although my wallet doesn't need another tour just yet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

As one former Maiden singer grows old disgracefully, another ploughs on with some dignity.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/blaze-bayley-performs-iron-maiden-wolfsbane-songs-on-soundtracks-of-my-life-dvd/

always been a fan of blaze’s solo stuff…not least live…a shame he seems to (?) have lost it with the latest album…lots of respect for the man anyway…

Rorzz wrote: »

i was in paris last week and didn’t see either of them…:confused::rolleyes:

The wheels seem to be slowly rolling in motion

http://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-new-album-tour-2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Sounds very promising!

Is anyone following the "Iron Maiden for UK Christmas No.1" campaign? It seems to have gained a fair bit of traction! Realistically speaking, I'd say it's unlikely to happen although Paddy Power have it in 4th place odds tying with Ed Sheeran, above the likes of Band Aid so it has an outside shot! Might buy it off Amazon for 99p just to support the campaign!

so beyond the final frontier we go…? good stuff…

I love putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 so put this story together with the earlier post about them being in Paris and Kevin Shirley's tweet last week saying that his time in Paris is done and that he's had a great time for the past couple of months and you get a new album coming shortly. Can't wait...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Well, let's see if they manage to write some shorter songs on this one! Hopefully we'll get a tour date here in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

well this sucks:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-bruce-dickinson-undergoes-cancer-treatment/
    British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN have released the following statement:

"Just before Christmas, MAIDEN vocalist Bruce Dickinson visited his doctor for a routine check-up. This led to tests and biopsies which revealed a small cancerous tumour at the back of his tongue. A seven-week course of chemotherapy and radiology treatment was completed yesterday. As the tumour was caught in the early stages, the prognosis thankfully is extremely good. Bruce's medical team fully expect him to make a complete recovery with the all clear envisaged by late May. It will then take a further few months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. In the meantime, we would ask for your patience, understanding and respect for Bruce and his family’s privacy until we update everyone by the end of May. Bruce is doing very well considering the circumstances and the whole team are very positive."

grimm2005 wrote: »

bad news indeed, luckily it sounds as if his chances are really good...so let’s hope for the best in the interest of bruce and his music...and all the best to him...

Bad news but good news that he's doing well and hopefully will recover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

The décor in that house is horrendous, apart from the bar.

Album is done, but on hold til Bruce recovers
    We have made an album. It was ready to go this year – and still is. We were planning on going out and doing some work around the album.

“We’re all just holding on. Once Bruce is up and running, hopefully in the next couple of months… you never know when this might happen.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-27/iron-maiden-album-on-hold-bruce-dickinson-cancer

• Advertisement

An update on Bruce, from Rod Smallwood, Iron Maiden's manager
    Bruce has asked me to thank everyone for their tremendous support and kind wishes. He has been extremely touched and encouraged by the genuine and affectionate response from our global family of Maiden fans. Radiology is cumulative and continues to build in the body for around three weeks after treatment, so even though Bruce’s seven week course is completed, he’s had a long period of considerable pain and discomfort. He is happily now starting to recuperate and the pain will continue to abate and the swelling to reduce for the next couple of months at which time he will be able take an MRI scan. It is not until then that we will have full confirmation that the cancer has been completely destroyed. However prognosis continues to be extremely good and everyone is optimistic for a full recovery. Following the scan, we will officially update you on our website at the appropriate time, probably in late May. After that, it will take a few more months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. Naturally the rest of the band are totally supportive and Maiden’s plans will be determined by Bruce’s progress. Please continue your positive thoughts. They are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Rod Smallwood

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That's why i fcukin love Maiden, a genuine band with genuine members and probably the best manager in the world

11039801_10152706020047051_4447219511483454216_o.jpg

I suppose you can only re-release 'remastered' CDs so many times. Remastering for digital release is the obvious next cash cow. Will anyone really buy these though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I suppose you can only re-release 'remastered' CDs so many times. Remastering for digital release is the obvious next cash cow. Will anyone really buy these though?

Not sure...me personally saw the itunes part and tuned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

And apparently they somehow managed to make them sound WORSE than the awful remasters from 1998. Why do all these bands basically not care about something so fundamental as how their albums sound? (The Judas Priest remasters are awful too unfortunately)

Debut album released 35 years ago today. As good a reason as any to give it another listen. It'd been ages since I played it.

http://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-debut-album-anniversary/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

New Drinking Game. Every time they say "f*ck", have a shot. Everyone will be pissed by 3 minutes in.

And I'm sorry, but this is one of the best things Iron Maiden have ever released (it's absolutely priceless). Fair play to Dickinson for having the cuteness to record it. Absolutely brilliant! And no, this isn't my first time hearing it, but it is just so good. Needs to be brought back up! :)

Good news regarding Bruce's health and while there'll be no tour this year, it looks like we'll definitely be getting the new album!

http://www.ironmaiden.com/bruce-dickinson-update.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Good news and a great pic!

fb.jpg

Advertisement