Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scumbag dress code

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dazd_N_Confusd

funloving wrote: »
    unless they are skinny white linen trousers and you are obese.... :(

:eek:

ps:for the girls
    ps: I'm living life in comfort so I don't give a ****! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I hate the way scumbag's get stereotyped with tracksuits.

I wear tracksuits most of the time, so that makes me a scumbag...?

I've walked down the road with my hood up aswell. That's also because you lose 60% of your body heat through your head, so believe it or not it keeps you warm.

I find tracksuits much more comfortable than my jeans and other types of clothing. I love just walking around in my 'miles too big for me' hoodie.

Not true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Whoever started this thread is a homo who wears girls clothes and has no idea of dress codes whatsover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Scumbag & proud :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

ps: I'm living life in comfort so I don't give a ****! :D

Actually a read my post again...what a bull**** I wrote :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

I only ever wear tracksuits at home, and even then if I order a takeaway to be delivered I always have a pair of jeans on instead of tracksuit bottoms.

That made me laugh out loud...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Basically like a pigeon.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

:(

Not you. You're a nice pigeon - you're literate, unlike the average scanger. I mean jesus have you ever seen a scangers' bebo page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Not you. You're a nice pigeon - you're literate, unlike the average scanger. I mean jesus have you ever seen a scangers' bebo page?

Most get confused with:

s=5

later= l8r

t=7

h=4

The scanger alphabet is very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

mink_man wrote: »
    the reason they tuck them into their socks is so when they're stealing from ships they put them down their pants and it wont fall out the bottom...truth..

stealing from "ships"? People used to fear Blue Beard or in modern times African Pirates...now the new scurge of the high seas and Dublin Port, is Captain Anto & the pirates of docklands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

yoyo wrote: »
    You know what I meant :rolleyes::D

Nick

Whats your name?

Edit: Sorry just saw you signed your post with your name, Nick, so if anyone wanted to know, they would just have to read below. Clever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Only wear tracksuit bottoms nowadays, unless I'm going out somewhere. Don't really have any use for all the jeans I used to wear now. Uncomfortable pieces of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I know people say htey cant stand wearing jeans buut I ca stand wearing tracksuits..Like I will about the house or when I go for a run but not when Im out with friends n stuff.

Its not that people who wear trackys are automaitcally scobes,You can tell by the way the person walks n talks if they are.I go to a grinds school and allot of people wear tracksuits.
    Its when they have the socks tucked in through..I dont even think its jsut for robbing anymore,its just pure fashion for them now and looks retarded.

When ya see an older person weairng a full out tracksuit and ins generally abit dirty and there not workin or out for a run,then you can tell there a bit of a scummerhah :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Bad Teeth, Over grown, over weight, tight hair cut, stupid home made tattoos, soccer jersey, white runners wearing fúcking lemming Gobshíts. Declaring their undying love for some soccer team in England, who, if you gave them a blank map of England and asked them to point out where their team is, they wouldnt be able to do it. And the same waster fúcking idiots are booing England then in the world cup.
    I dunno lads, some people should just be put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

stealing from "ships"? People used to fear Blue Beard or in modern times African Pirates...now the new scurge of the high seas and Dublin Port, is Captain Anto & the pirates of docklands!
    You know, they might just finally come in handy when the Israeli's come knocking. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

I don't feel full tracksuits should be viewed as acceptable attire. They cause intimidation and the majority of anyone over 17 who wears a full tracksuit gives me the impression that they are fully fledged scumbags and involved in crime and going to sponge off the dole. Fake gold rings and thick chains do nothing to compliment the tracksuit look, either. And in most cases with scuts (female scumbags and sluts) you can judge how much of a scumbag they are by how big their hoopy earrings are.

I can understand the appeal of tracksuit pants as they are quite light as oppose to jeans. However, the elasticated bottoms of tracksuit pants is ridiculous. If you intend on playing most sports, tracksuit pants have a clear advantage over jeans but if you're doing any other activity like going to cinema or to a shopping centre there are some alternative pants that you can buy that are just as light as tracksuit pants.

Personally, I don't feel that tracksuits are the worst trait of scumbags. I think their accents are far more annoying. "Cum ere I wantcha, shaniqua!!" Some of their accents are simply learned off their parents or come about because of where they were brought up. However, I'm aware of scumbags who come from good families and live in nice houses who put on the accent for street cred and that just grinds my gears. The aim of every generation should be to try to better themselves and help their fellow man but this new generation seems to have more bad apples than most and these bad apples seem to reproduce like rabbits with their multiple kids by 21 so they can claim more money off the government. Our social welfare is flawed and it shouldn't reward people who actively choose to do nothing.

I wish for the revival of the tradition where every man would dress up in a nice suit and top hat and the women would be wearing something elegant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Muckie wrote: »
    Don't forget the "funny walk" they do, kind of jittery quick
    walk.
    I remember there was one lad in my school had that walk, one day he made a comment about my hair (long hair, all boys school), so I told him he looked like a duck that got kneecapped. He said it's how all the cool people walked, and that he was one of the coolest in the school. If that's what's cool these days, then I'm boned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I wear tracky bottoms around the house, going to the local shops or just for a walk or jog. Would never wear them 'out out' as in town or to a pub though. I think a certain type of retro tracky top (like the Adidias Beckenbauer or Firebird type) looks OK with jeans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

xxVickyxx wrote: »
    A very close mate of mine wears tracksuits exclusively. He cant stand jeans, or trousers. And a shirt doesn't go very well with a pair of adidas and nike airs. It wrecks his head (and mine too) the amount of people who just assume hes a waster because of his taste in fashion. THe funny thing is most of these people are completely shocked when they hear he is studying philosophy. Its almost as if, if someone wears a tracksuit then thats it, they have to be a waster. They cant be in the shop to buy something they're there to rob it, they cant be doing anything good with their life and without a shadow of a doubt they are scum. I swear to god the Irish attitude to tracksuits really annoys me.

EDIT: I cant remember who said it, but +1 to the person who said tracksuits do not come cheap.

Are you sure they're not just stunned that someone actually chose philosophy for their degree?

So if someone doesn't contribute to the economy then they're a waster..... thats a good philosophy right there. What do you contribute to the economy may I ask?

Oh nearly forgot. I don't know if his plans have changed or not, but I know this time last year he planned on finishing college and getting a job in the prison system to help give prisoners (particularly repeat offenders) new perspectives on life. Try to help them see that there is more to life then drink and drugs... that sorta thing. Personally I cant see it working... but at least hes trying :)

LMFAO at this, brilliant! Did he just 'plan' it as in imagined it or did he actually hear of a job going in mount joy? Either way lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 xxVickyxx

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Are you sure they're not just stunned that someone actually chose philosophy for their degree?

LMFAO at this, brilliant! Did he just 'plan' it as in imagined it or did he actually hear of a job going in mount joy? Either way lol.

Just so you know I dont share his beliefs. But yeh. All I really know is when he was younger he was heading down a bad path. He had a brush in with the law but it scared the life out of him. At the same time he had a revelation after reading a philosophy book (dont ask which philosopher) and it changed his life- he believes if it wasnt for that book he would be a junkie in mountjoy right now. He thinks that most "scummers" could/would do very well if they had of learned some basic ethics, morals, conscience etc... (this stuff is learned at home, not school- but most "scummers" come from broken homes)

So from then on his lifes mission has being to enlighten others. He tried working with youths in schools, but the ones who need the help tend to have a very low attendance rate. And theres no point in even trying to start a philosophy nightclass aimed at "scummers" so he thinks the only place it will work is in the prison system. And like I said I cant see it working but hey, at least his hearts in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

You do get behaviour where you have to smother a laugh into your sleeve.

Phone dangling off the wrist. A bloke phone dangling. Tiny strap to sort of say, look at me, I'm connected to my phone, dangle dangle..

It has died out elsewhere in the country, but you do still see it in Dublin 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Dr. Feelgood

I always wear tracksuit pants unless im going to work or going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

darkman2 wrote: »
    Tracksuits - why? I mean some tracksuits are not even that cheap. :confused:

Whats funny is that they all complain about having to wear a uniform to school and yet they wear a uniform and all look the same outside of school :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭JennyAnt

Tracksuits are bad, but what about the 'D4' girls who look like they never brush their hair, wear gap jumpers/leggings/uggs.....and walk around topshop like they own the place! They're as bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

You come from the country and wear a tracksuit: You're sporty, fit and probably going training or to a match

You come from Dublin and wear a tracksuit: You're durty, broke and proably going to fleese some ould one's purse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

A very close mate of mine wears tracksuits exclusively. He cant stand jeans, or trousers. And a shirt doesn't go very well with a pair of adidas and nike airs. It wrecks his head (and mine too) the amount of people who just assume hes a waster because of his taste in fashion. THe funny thing is most of these people are completely shocked when they hear he is studying philosophy. Its almost as if, if someone wears a tracksuit then thats it, they have to be a waster. They cant be in the shop to buy something they're there to rob it, they cant be doing anything good with their life and without a shadow of a doubt they are scum. I swear to god the Irish attitude to tracksuits really annoys me.

EDIT: I cant remember who said it, but +1 to the person who said tracksuits do not come cheap.

Don't think it's solely an Irish attitude, but yeah I consider myself to dress rather well i.e. bespoke covert coat, decent brogues and generally what I deem a good dress sense, but I do on certain days for want of comfort and ease of not having to think of what to wear, would wear a tracksuit. I think it's important in the kind you purchase for it to be passable, as in, not be considered a bit of a pikey - as per below:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/138427/116524.jpg

Plain black. No real garish logos. Simple enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

You're only a real scumbag if your earrings are the same diameter as your growler.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

You're only a real scumbag if your earrings are the same diameter as your growler.

LMAO !!!!

Don't forget not only the thick gold chains but also the sovereign rings - possibly bought / robbed / on long-term loan / not real anyway / from argos jewellers or some other skanger jewelry shop on henry st or some run down shopping center....

When their mobile goes off it's some rubbish 50 cent r'n'b sh1te that the whole place can hear and then everyone can hear the conversation......

How are yea buuuuuuuuuuuuuud.....................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

here is the biggest of all scumbags and he dresses in this way..there are others like him :pac:

http://www.businessandleadership.com/fs/img/news/201003/378x/sean-fitzpatrick.jpg

Advertisement