Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scumbag dress code

Options
  • 06-06-2010 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Tracksuits - why? I mean some tracksuits are not even that cheap. :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

go fast stripes?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

they are for jogging away from the law :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

need pics. Live in Munich, havnt seen a tracksuit in ageeees :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

theyre too scumbaggish to fit into jeans....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,598 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nothing is funnier than seeing a scumbag with his tracksuit tucked into white socks. Makes me burst out laughing every time. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Easier to run/jump fences/out-run store security, etc?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

And someone explain me why they always walk around with their hands tucked in them. Is it to make sure their little friend is still there after so much use? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

darkman2 wrote: »

Easier to stuff shop lifted goods into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

the elastic waistband allows for the quick and easy hiding of goods when in a shop while the elastic at the ankle will hold the bar/can of coke etc in the leg area.

the newer tracksuits come without the ankle elastic hence the new trend of tucking into socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i always wear adidas tracky bottoms. they're comfy. theres no problem wearing them for **** sake. its wearing a matching tracksuit thats bad.

Such as:
    http://www.sportsleisurewear.com/nike/tracksuits/329344_463_A.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Easier to make generalisations about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Barna77 wrote: »
    And someone explain me why they always walk around with their hands tucked in them. Is it to make sure their little friend is still there after so much use? :confused:

I've been told some rapper did it so now the scummers do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Don't forget the "funny walk" they do, kind of jittery quick
    walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Always wear trackies, most comfortable item of clothes you can wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Muckie wrote: »
    Don't forget the "funny walk" they do, kind of jittery quick
    walk.

Basically like a pigeon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

the reason they tuck them into their socks is so when they're stealing from ships they put them down their pants and it wont fall out the bottom...truth..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I wear addidas tracksuit pants most of the time. The freedom is great and just comfy to wear.

A scumbag can wear anything and they are still scumbags. Infact most of them wear jeans now due to their price of 4€ in dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well tracksuits became popular in the 80's among urban musicians. It became a 'cool' cultural symbol and it stuck in working class areas to this very day. I'd imagine that's your best explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mink_man wrote: »
    the reason they tuck them into their socks is so when they're stealing from ships they put them down their pants and it wont fall out the bottom...truth..
    Damn trackie wearing pirates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Do you ever notice how slow scumbags walk? If they are ahead of you, no matter how slow you walk, you always catch them up. Even if you start walking backways.

However I realised a while back why they walk so slow. They need to save up their energy so they can run from the cops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

scanger fashion at its best/worst,depending if your a scanger or not
    http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3639/pimpcanesmedium.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Tracksuits are designed to be breathable and sweat absorbant for sports. Scumbags like them because you can wear them for a few weeks without smelling too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

It's all about the canes these days lads

Beaten too it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It all costs the same when you're robbed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 xxVickyxx

A very close mate of mine wears tracksuits exclusively. He cant stand jeans, or trousers. And a shirt doesn't go very well with a pair of adidas and nike airs. It wrecks his head (and mine too) the amount of people who just assume hes a waster because of his taste in fashion. THe funny thing is most of these people are completely shocked when they hear he is studying philosophy. Its almost as if, if someone wears a tracksuit then thats it, they have to be a waster. They cant be in the shop to buy something they're there to rob it, they cant be doing anything good with their life and without a shadow of a doubt they are scum. I swear to god the Irish attitude to tracksuits really annoys me.

EDIT: I cant remember who said it, but +1 to the person who said tracksuits do not come cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

soups05 wrote: »
    the elastic waistband allows for the quick and easy hiding of goods when in a shop while the elastic at the ankle will hold the bar/can of coke etc in the leg area.

the newer tracksuits come without the ankle elastic hence the new trend of tucking into socks.

That actually sounds like a perfect explaination:pac:

I wonder if that's why they wear em..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Speaking of canes – are crutches part of scumbag fashion? It seems that 5% of the lads use them. Is it considered "street" to have one or is from hitting the wrong vein/punishment beating thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

xxVickyxx wrote: »
    A very close mate of mine wears tracksuits exclusively. He cant stand jeans, or trousers. And a shirt doesn't go very well with a pair of adidas and nike airs. It wrecks his head (and mine too) the amount of people who just assume hes a waster because of his taste in fashion. THe funny thing is most of these people are completely shocked when they hear he is studying philosophy. Its almost as if, if someone wears a tracksuit then thats it, they have to be a waster. They cant be in the shop to buy something they're there to rob it, they cant be doing anything good with their life and without a shadow of a doubt they are scum. I swear to god the Irish attitude to tracksuits really annoys me.

EDIT: I cant remember who said it, but +1 to the person who said tracksuits do not come cheap.

Right or wrong, people will always judge a book by its cover, it's not just an Irish attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

grizzly wrote: »
    Speaking of canes – are crutches part of scumbag fashion? It seems that 5% of the lads use them. Is it considered "street" to have one or is from hitting the wrong vein/punishment beating thing?

Funnily enough it does seem to more often than not be the "ladies" of their subculture in crutches. You're probably onto something with the punishment beating theory. Stella promotional night perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

I remember in college reading about some pyschologist in the 80's who coined the phrase "the sh*t-suit" for those people wearing a full tracksuit, as he believed it was the uniform of the social welfare sponging population.

He also explained that these people would eventually become so lazy that they would revert to just wearing their bedclothes all day and night.

Some foresight

Advertisement