Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scumbag dress code

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I wear tracksuit pants all the time but not your usual shoite, usually Rugby Gear, nothing wrong with it at all, they are comfy thats the main thing, not everybody who wears tracksuits is a scummer, i just buy the bottoms never the tops, it beats wearing jeans all the time or work clothes, jeans are all too common, just go into any pub/club and its a sea of various shades of blue jeans. Boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭boboirl

I'll open a can of bleedin woop ass on ya! Get away from me will ya, bang of ***** of yaaa

RANDOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

by scumbag you mean people from parts of dublin where starbucks is rarely found?:pac:

so the dress code of one of these might be viewed here:

http://mrpoplife.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/07/robbie_keane_wedding_13_wenn5148376.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

My wife, who I should mention is not Irish, and me (I am) wear tracksuit bottoms at home. It's comfortable. I almost never wear them outide as I get too many funny looks, and sometimes even comments. She does wear them outside, and mostly gets away with it as she does not look like the typicial female tracksuit wearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Horse_box wrote: »

He looks like he's wearing a pair of curtains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

steyr wrote

'I wear tracksuit pants all the time but not your usual shoite, usually Rugby Gear, nothing wrong with it at all,'

the 'doirt' accent put in writing..ah Dublin so good and yet so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

moonpurple wrote: »
    by scumbag you mean people from parts of dublin where starbucks is rarely found?:pac:

http://mrpoplife.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/07/robbie_keane_wedding_13_wenn5148376.jpg

Why do footballers wear such god-awful suits. Open any edition of "Hello!" magazine and you get John Terry, Steven Gerrard or whoever wearing some terrible pinstripe suit with weird pointy shoes and an oversized tie, maybe even a flat cap.

Seeing "skangers" in tracksuits and posh types in doobs doesn't get my attention anymore really. But people who wear flat caps, especially indoors, just makes my mind boggle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

xxVickyxx wrote: »
    A very close mate of mine wears tracksuits exclusively. He cant stand jeans, or trousers. And a shirt doesn't go very well with a pair of adidas and nike airs. It wrecks his head (and mine too) the amount of people who just assume hes a waster because of his taste in fashion. THe funny thing is most of these people are completely shocked when they hear he is studying philosophy. Its almost as if, if someone wears a tracksuit then thats it, they have to be a waster. They cant be in the shop to buy something they're there to rob it, they cant be doing anything good with their life and without a shadow of a doubt they are scum. I swear to god the Irish attitude to tracksuits really annoys me.

If he is studying philosophy, he is a waster. How is he going to contribute to the economy when he finishes college - sitting around all day thinking about life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Ye must all be posh out if you think people who wear tracksuits are scumbags

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Ye must all be posh out if you think people who wear tracksuits are scumbags

Nah, we just like to pay for our stuff when we go into a shop, instead of stealing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

sesna wrote: »
    Nah, we just like to pay for our stuff when we go into a shop, instead of stealing it.

Ok so I wear tracksuit pants every day does that mean everytime I'm going into a shop I'm going to rob the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

grizzly wrote: »
    Speaking of canes – are crutches part of scumbag fashion? It seems that 5% of the lads use them. Is it considered "street" to have one or is from hitting the wrong vein/punishment beating thing?

Crutches are more of a junkie thing..for junkie on junkie violence.:)

Ok so I wear tracksuit pants every day does that mean everytime I'm going into a shop I'm going to rob the place.

Of course there will always be exceptions. But I bet if you took a sample of 100 Irish shoplifters, the number of tracksuit wearers would significantly outweigh non-tracksuit wearers.

You could apply the same to a sample of teenagers pushing prams, drug-users, people with IQ less than 100, people with previous criminal records, people scrounging off the state, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 xxVickyxx

If he is studying philosophy, he is a waster. How is he going to contribute to the economy when he finishes college - sitting around all day thinking about life?

So if someone doesn't contribute to the economy then they're a waster..... thats a good philosophy right there. What do you contribute to the economy may I ask?

Oh nearly forgot. I don't know if his plans have changed or not, but I know this time last year he planned on finishing college and getting a job in the prison system to help give prisoners (particularly repeat offenders) new perspectives on life. Try to help them see that there is more to life then drink and drugs... that sorta thing. Personally I cant see it working... but at least hes trying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A very close mate of mine wears tracksuits exclusively. He cant stand jeans, or trousers. And a shirt doesn't go very well with a pair of adidas and nike airs. It wrecks his head (and mine too) the amount of people who just assume hes a waster because of his taste in fashion. THe funny thing is most of these people are completely shocked when they hear he is studying philosophy. Its almost as if, if someone wears a tracksuit then thats it, they have to be a waster. They cant be in the shop to buy something they're there to rob it, they cant be doing anything good with their life and without a shadow of a doubt they are scum. I swear to god the Irish attitude to tracksuits really annoys me.

EDIT: I cant remember who said it, but +1 to the person who said tracksuits do not come cheap.
    >implying studying Philosophy is the opposite of being a waster.

Hey, I'm pissed off that I can't grow my facial hair in a neat little square under my nose but I don't really want to deal with that stigma. Tracksuit pants are alright, I wear them when I'm sick, particularly hungover or at the gym/playing sports. But I know they look scummy and lets be honest, jeans aren't really that uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

darkman2 wrote: »
    why?

Free will?

moonpurple wrote: »

He needs a lesson off this dapper gent: http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2009/8/1/ADE4203C-0C5B-07AC-41A71181F47B19C8.jpg

Jermaine Defoe, he's a yiddo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I wear Nike tracksuit bottoms a lot, have a few pairs in navy and grey. I wear them in the gym and sometimes in college too. I'd never wear a full tracksuit though.

Scumbags wear tracksuits all the time, usually with a Celtic/Shamrock rovers jersey and a gold chain. And their "motts" wear the full Adidas tracksuit with massive hoop earrings and their hair pulled back.

I think it's OK to wear tracksuits sometimes with a T-shirt. I know I could never go around in jeans every day. If you want to wear tracksuit bottoms but don't want people to think you're a scumbag wear an Abercrombie t-shirt to avoid any confusion :pac:

So if someone doesn't contribute to the economy then they're a waster..... thats a good philosophy right there. What do you contribute to the economy may I ask?

Oh nearly forgot. I don't know if his plans have changed or not, but I know this time last year he planned on finishing college and getting a job in the prison system to help give prisoners (particularly repeat offenders) new perspectives on life. Try to help them see that there is more to life then drink and drugs... that sorta thing. Personally I cant see it working... but at least hes trying :)

Yeah, I wish him the best of luck with that.... :pac:

Im more a realist, who pays alot of money in tax every year, all so your friend can wander around all day with a hangover in his tracksuit, musing about the meaning of life and fantasising of teaching scumbag, junkies about Plato

Kold wrote: »
    He needs a lesson off this dapper gent: http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2009/8/1/ADE4203C-0C5B-07AC-41A71181F47B19C8.jpg

Jermaine Defoe, he's a yiddo.

He sure works that Bob Cratchit look, does Jermaine.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I wish him the best of luck with that.... :pac:

Im more a realist, who pays alot of money in tax every year, all so your friend can wander around all day with a hangover in his tracksuit, musing about the meaning of life and fantasising of teaching scumbag, junkies about Plato

Realist my arse, you sound embittered and that's a pretty sh*tty attitude. But thx4the taxes dude.

Kold wrote: »
    Realist my arse, you sound embittered and that's a pretty sh*tty attitude. But thx4the taxes dude.

No problem, I can well afford them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

yoyo wrote: »
    I wear tracksuits all the time (dont even own a pair of jeans or other types of clothes), I find them comfortable, dont care what people think, ohh I'm far from a scumbag :rolleyes::D

Nick

Actually, you're never more than three feet from a scumbag.... :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Funkfield wrote: »
    Actually, you're never more than three feet from a scumbag.... :pac:

You know what I meant :rolleyes::D

Nick

No problem, I can well afford them :D

Please stop.

My erection is so towering, it's cutting off the blood supply to the rest of my body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

tracksuits can be fine..it's the guy wearing them that makes a whole lot of difference!!!

take a scum,dress him with Armani clothes and he will still be a knacker....

ps:some men are sexy in their tracksuits bottom and t-shirt ... :P

stovelid wrote: »
    Please stop.

My erection is so towering, it's cutting off the blood supply to the rest of my body.

Another drawback of wearing a tracksuit ?

funloving wrote: »
    tracksuits can be fine..it's the guy wearing them that makes a whole lot of difference!!!

take a scum,dress him with Armani clothes and he will still be a knacker....

ps:some men are sexy in their tracksuits bottom and t-shirt ... :P

Just cos you fancy em, doesn't make them 'not knackers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I don't know who is worse the scumbags themselves or the people who think whoever wears a tracksuit is a scumbag

You don't know who is worse? Really? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I don't know who is worse the scumbags themselves or the people who think whoever wears a tracksuit is a scumbag. Ye must all be posh out if you think people who wear tracksuits are scumbags
    yoyo wrote: »
    I wear tracksuits all the time (dont even own a pair of jeans or other types of clothes), I find them comfortable, dont care what people think, ohh I'm far from a scumbag
    Doyler92 wrote: »
    I hate the way scumbag's get stereotyped with tracksuits. I wear tracksuits most of the time, so that makes me a scumbag...?
    Steyr wrote: »
    I wear tracksuit pants all the time but not your usual shoite, usually Rugby Gear, nothing wrong with it at all, they are comfy thats the main thing, not everybody who wears tracksuits is a scummer,
    PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I wear Nike tracksuit bottoms a lot, have a few pairs in navy and grey. I wear them in the gym and sometimes in college too. I'd never wear a full tracksuit though. Scumbags wear tracksuits all the time, usually with a Celtic/Shamrock rovers jersey and a gold chain.

I see scumbags. Walking around like regular people. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're scum

Advertisement