Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Keane is gone from Newstalk

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

Was Eamon Keane sacked? And if so, why?

Or did he decide to leave?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Not completely sure. Can't remember back that far.

I think he just left though as they didn't have a solid replacement for ages - they were just messing around with a few different options before settling on the Healy/Kiberd combo they have now.

I never fully understood the almost unanimous hatred Keane received on this forum. Thought he was okay myself - never took sh*t from politicians trying to dodge issues and cracked a good joke the odd time as well.

I didn't listen to his show very often at all to be honest, so maybe he was more grating if you listened too him every day for the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

From what I know, he resigned. There were all kind of rumours, but I heard that there were trying to re negotiate terms that were not acceptable to him, and he resigned. I really liked his shows, and he was a strong interviewer, certainly better than some in Newstalk. He is writing for the Irish Independent (I think) and is an accomplished musician.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i think the heavy hand of DOB is involved in this as well.

when keane left newstalk were right in the middle of their "hey everybody lets talk up the economy, you gotta be positive ! " bullshyte which flew right in the face of what was actually going on.

i remember dunphy going off on one about it at the same time but he stayed and just ignored it.

its no coincidence the stations gone off in a different direction since he left, its WAY more tabliod, so i think he just said "thanks lads but im off" rather than compromise himself.

when keane left newstalk were right in the middle of their "hey everybody lets talk up the economy, you gotta be positive ! " bullshyte which flew right in the face of what was actually going on.

i remember dunphy going off on one about it at the same time but he stayed and just ignored it.

its no coincidence the stations gone off in a different direction since he left, its WAY more tabliod, so i think he just said "thanks lads but im off" rather than compromise himself.

What is DOB?

Yes, the only ones that can be positive are the crooks that caused the ruination of Ireland since they are being shielded and bailed out. :mad:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

I found Eamon Keane's lunchtime program very tabloid, his style irritating and his questions often fatuous. By contrast, I think Declan Kyberd is a great improvement, and I now listen to the show much more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Worztron wrote: »
    What is DOB?

Yes, the only ones that can be positive are the crooks that caused the ruination of Ireland since they are being shielded and bailed out. :mad:

DOB = Dennis O'Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Well, no harm to you, wayus, but, as my dear departed Auntie Nancy might have said, E Keane was "a sickening dose".

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KingEnda

I miss his show and his interview style, he didnt take to many prosioners but was fair. Hope to hear him back on the airways somewhere soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

A tabloid journalist on radio, but worse followed - Ger colleran, what an abnoxious man

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Eamonn Keane live now standing in for David Harvey on 4fm.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Eamonn Keane live now standing in for David Harvey on 4fm.

I caught some of the show - I thought the voice sounded familiar. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 petbra

Eamon Keane was too radical for Right Wing Radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

^^^^

Over two years after his departure its hardly relevant now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump!

So I'm listening to WLR and the voice was nagging at me. It was not that of Billy McCarthy, the 30 year host of the Deise AM programme then he announces his name - tis Eamo standing in! As annoying as Keane is he is still better than McCarthy.

Advertisement