Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Keane is gone from Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

The bold Claire is a class act that won't be missed! Hopefully to be found out on Tv and end her career as a mouth piece.
    Have to change my wakeup call in the kitchen to another station now, had to hear her "intellectual lines" first thing in the morning just to wake me up! Worked a treat, couldn't reach the remote fast enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FredTroll

^^^
    LOL what she said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

sesna wrote: »
    It's all downhill for Newstalk. It used to be a good alternative but now find myself listening to RTE for the first time ever. Seems I'm not alone either given Newstalk's ratings are plummeting and sponsors are rightfully very worried.

lol !

I have good news for you sesna, you can stay with Newstalk.... Claire the intrepid pole climber is moving to RTE

those wicked talent spotters in Montrose :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Barname wrote: »
    lol !

I have good news for you sesna, you can stay with Newstalk.... Claire the intrepid pole climber is moving to RTE

those wicked talent spotters in Montrose :D

Oh god, time to dust off my old ipod, or emigrate..

sesna wrote: »
    Oh god, time to dust off my old ipod, or emigrate..

I find if you dont want to dead from bleeding stomach ulcers tune into Ian Dempsey in the AM

good oul sneering and funny stuff too. most positive attitude on radio.

its whats needed for this economic depression...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

the sunday tribune tomorrow is saying that Gavin Duffy from Dragon's Den is replacing Eamonn Keane. hmmmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wha? Who is he, some ex Rugby player who has achieved what in broadcasting?

Sounds like stunt casting by deperate executives.

the sunday tribune tomorrow is saying that Gavin Duffy from Dragon's Den is replacing Eamonn Keane. hmmmm..

http://www.mediatraining.ie/biography.htm

http://www.personallyspeaking.ie/gavin_duffy_161.html

http://gavinduffy.ie/blog/

hmmm

Oh that Gavin Duffy....nope never heard of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

He is one not very nice chap Mr Duffy. Jays, Newstalk must be run by complete morons!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Gavin Duffy, The Sunday Times 21/2/2010 - "These mornings I find myself listening more and more to Ivan Yates and Claire Byrne on Newstalk. I like their mix of banter and news. On Friday I miss my favorite part of the show, when Tom Dunne drops in...". Hmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

they really screwed up when they dumped mcwilliams for dunphy...poor auld eamo still hoppin round trying to fit in...

kiberd wasn't too bad ...went 'on-sabbatical' in 2005 around the time of the columbia farc frank connolly thing ...kiberd was an associate of his on the board of the 'Centre for public enquiry' whatever the hell that was all about. i think they're bringing him in from the cold now though...

Eamon Keane knew his sh*t and had interesting debates where you could see what the bottom line was but was just so annoying..

Yeats.. knows his stuff too put pompus and annoying..

this new duffy guy? what's the stroy with that...

tom dunne aint too bad and can be witty and quick off the mark.. I reckon he's the 'Ray Darcy' of newstalk...He made an interesting point though when he pondered what would have happened if all these golden circle guys came good on they're anglo ventures, would we have shared the benefits?

Whats the story with Orla barry too, she's just too happy clappy...

Armelodie wrote: »

this new duffy guy? what's the stroy with that...

According to one of Barname's links, he was a regular on Morning Ireland in the 80's and was CEO of a local radio station. So he has some experience.

Rubik. wrote: »
    According to one of Barname's links, he was a regular on Morning Ireland in the 80's and was CEO of a local radio station. So he has some experience.

yep, he pocketed 11,000,000.00 euros when he sold his interest in LMFM circa 2004

good timing off loading just hope he didnt buy Anglo or AIB shares with the cash...

Barname wrote: »

maybe they'll bring back mick galwey to talk about rugby with him. oh how i miss those chats he used to have with good ole Eamo!

maybe they'll bring back mick galwey to talk about rugby with him. oh how i miss those chats he used to have with good ole Eamo!

you are some sneer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hmm ya I dont question his experience but he just sounds full o' business ****e half the time telling us plebs how to make it in the world..we get enough of that from that 'car dealer sellin apples whats his name' guy

'when your rich they think you really know'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I think Gavin Duffy owned a large share in the station that became Today FM? Ireland FM or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

giftgrub wrote: »
    Eamon Keane moment of the decade...

If you want to watch the whole thing knock yourself out...but i'd just skip ahead to 6.35 for the GOLD

Oh dear Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

bbk wrote: »
    Oh dear Jesus.

I think it would be easier to eat tin foil for 8 and a half minutes than watch that again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Lol @ that video. Like a cross between Chris De Burgh & Christy Brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

my God! I'm speechless and that don't happen easily. Is he having a breakdown so? Poor man.

Ah now thats cruel, I have not had the balls to watch more than a few moments. I'm a scaredy cat really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Eamon sounds like he is suffering from tonsillitis!

I think it would be easier to eat tin foil for 8 and a half minutes than watch that again.

i just thought of doing that and my mouth filled up with saliva and everything just shivered. still better than watching that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Any news on Eamonn? He seems to have just completely disappeared?!

Last I heard RTE were thinking about having him as a judge on The All Ireland Talent Show. I have no idea whether he got it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Last I heard RTE were thinking about having as a judge on The All Ireland Talent Show. I have no idea whether he got it or not.

To replace Shane Lynch? But they have done the auditions already for that show? So he should have been involved already.

robo wrote: »
    To replace Shane Lynch? But they have done the auditions already for that show? So he should have been involved already.

It was in an article in The Evening Herald back in August, they must of got someone else then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Is he having a breakdown so? Poor man.

This thread keeps hitting new lows. Anonymous posters making incessant personalised attacks on a former presenter's character. By all means attack a presenter's performance, salary and the like. There's a basic decency after this.

The person who hasn't done anything can't make mistakes so please get off your high horses.

I enjoyed Keane's show; his was a refreshing alternative to Ronan Collins's repertoire that allowed me to continue listening to current affairs after Kenny. Most memorably was his interview in summer 2009 with a man whose 19-year-old son was going to die if he didn't receive a liver transplant. It was very sensitively and professionally done. In my eyes he also benefited by not being one of these so-called "stars" à la Finucane, Mooney and the like.

Advertisement