Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Keane is gone from Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭bored and fussy

I feel there is a God after all, so delighted to hear Eamon Keane has gone, and gone for good. He was so false, as has been said here he had this mock horror about every story.

If he turns up on R.T.E. I will go mad.

R.T.E should'nt entertain him at all, one tabloid programme is enough i.e. Liveline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just listening to Jonathan Healy, there. He's certainly a very capable replacement for Keane. Very good radio voice and none of the unfunny facetious rubbish and over familiarity that Keane comes out with. Does anybody have any updates on what keane is doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

none of the unfunny facetious rubbish and over familiarity that Keane comes out with.

dont you just miss...

Mick Galwey
    Mattie McGrath
    Mammy O'Rourke
    Munster rugby

..... and willie the liar

Barname wrote: »
    dont you just miss...Mick Galwey, Mattie McGrath, Mammy O'Rourke, Munster rugby..... and willie the liar
    I was just thinking about this as well, Barname. Brian Lucey was on with Vincent Brown last nite and said that Eamonn Keane was a "very good broadcaster".. Him of course being another contributor to Keane's now defunct show. I wonder did they only come on the show cos they are friends of Keane or will they be on with Healy in the future? I wont miss O'Rourke anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

dont you just miss...

Mick Galwey
    Mattie McGrath
    Mammy O'Rourke
    Munster rugby

..... and willie the liar

and that noise that he made at the end of his fake laugh when taking a deep breath..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

I wont miss O'Rourke anyway..
    I don't think that you will get to miss Mammy O'Rourke, sure she wasn't exclusive to Eamon's show - she features on plenty of other shows & stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Just listening to Jonathan Healy, there. He's certainly a very capable replacement for Keane. Very good radio voice and none of the unfunny facetious rubbish and over familiarity that Keane comes out with.

Healy for Keane and Dara O'Brien for Hook would be a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

robo wrote: »
    I don't think that you will get to miss Mammy O'Rourke, sure she wasn't exclusive to Eamon's show - she features on plenty of other shows & stations.
    You wont miss mammy cause she will be on ever other station.I have to say I didn`t mind Eamon Keane , at least he was different. Not too many
    dissenting voices on radio at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Johnathan Healy is doing a far more professional job.

The windge type radio is a turn off.

What solutions do Windge DJs come up with?

Putting prefabs outside hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Eamon Keane moment of the decade...

If you want to watch the whole thing knock yourself out...but i'd just skip ahead to 6.35 for the GOLD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Whingin

I like Keano - Tom Dunne needs to go next - he is sooooooooooo boring, going on and on and on about Audrey and the kids. He has a rant for about 10 mins when he comes on in the morning to set the tone and it leaves me cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

maybe he's going to give the eurovision a shot?

seriously though, he said he did a postgrad in guidance counselling. just when my opinion of him couldn't get much lower, i get to compare him to the clown we had in secondary school. at least we could have a laugh at the clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

I had no idea he couldn't sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

giftgrub wrote: »

If you want to watch the whole thing knock yourself out...but i'd just skip ahead to 6.35 for the GOLD

I thought it was David Essex for a moment!biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

this is a fine example of how far one can insert ones head into ones anus

truly remarkable anus self insertion by mr.keane

well done eamon

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JimboJones74

I watched over 7 minutes so I assume i now collect my prize for been able to put myself through watching so much. There is a prize for endurance isint there......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Sounded awful singing there tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

well done eamon

What planet is that goon, Keane, living on? His self-delusion borders on the psychotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

delaad wrote: »
    What planet is that goon, Keane, living on? His self-delusion borders on the psychotic.

well done eamon

Cop on the pair of you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Christ, I lasted two seconds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sneakers

orourkeda wrote: »
    Thats the problem. He couldnt get through the day without NAMA.

Eamon Keane liked to parade as the intrepid journalist fighting the good fight but was nothing more than a celebrity wannabe. It is extraordinary how many 'vital' news stories he broke over the years - and how do we know? Because he constantly reminded us of it. He interviewed Enda Kenny a few months ago and asked him (in that 'ah sure we're all just pals here' tone that he liked to affect) what his plan for Ireland was. Enda answered "I want to harness the good will of the Irish people." And Keane just moved on to the next question. A fool being interviewed by an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

God, that video is unreal. "Yeah, we buried my best friend yesterday - hi to Jack and all of the gang!..." If Mark's father (presumably a Dub) taught Eamon piano, back in the day, does that not imply that Keane grew up in Dublin? If so, where did Eamon's Kerry accent come from?
    I couldn't make it to 6.30 - sorry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nmoran

"Yeah, we buried my best friend yesterday - hi to Jack and all of the gang!..." I

My thoughts exactly. Any news on where he might be surfacing again or is he going to go full-time with the music?

God, that video is unreal. "Yeah, we buried my best friend yesterday - hi to Jack and all of the gang!..." If Mark's father (presumably a Dub) taught Eamon piano, back in the day, does that not imply that Keane grew up in Dublin? If so, where did Eamon's Kerry accent come from?I couldn't make it to 6.30 - sorry...
    Maybe he stayed in Ivor Callely's supposedly empty house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The guy who is filling in this week, Daragh Someone, better not be the full time replacement. Very poor interview technique for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Stylo

It is Daire O'Brien, who used present the Flip Side in the early days of NT - ironically a little bird tells me that me aul mucker Dec Carthy (who replaced O'Brien on that morning slot) was seen in Newstalk recently - a possible replacement for EK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now you say the name I can picture and place him, didn't do some sport stuff on RTE or TV3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Stylo

Still does the rugby on Setanta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Stylo wrote: »
    It is Daire O'Brien,

he's VERY cardboard on air - had to switch off tbh.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Is it definitely O'Brian?? God that means another slot on Newstalk I won't be listening to. From when Newstalk started to about about 18 months ago it was the only station I would listen to and never changed the dial. These days every second program makes me switch channel, I now listen to Morning Ireland instead of the breakfast show, anything or silence instead of Tom Dunne, If O'Brian is doing the lunchtime slot won't be listening to that, Will switch back over for Moncrieff and Hook and then switch back to RTE or another channel for the rest of the evening. :( It used to be so easy a few years not having to change the station :)

Advertisement