Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"An Idiot Abroad" (Season 2) - Sky1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Really enjoying this show. Last episode (in Brazil) wasn't the best though. More so than any of the other episodes I was just agreeing with Karl that it looks rubbish and I wouldn't hang around (the hostel, the parade, the beach, even the wonder).

There's always an element of that but usually, aside from some obvious medaling from Ricky and Steve to make Karl's life difficult, he's picking holes in thing which could also be enjoyed if he'd just get into it. But -- going on this hour of telly -- Rio just looks crap.

Next one in Peru looks like it could be good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bought his book an idiot abroad the travel diaries very good read you would be suprisd the amount of funny stuff they left out and also the reAL order he did his visits

ricero wrote: »
    and also the reAL order he did his visits
    What was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Goodshape wrote: »
    What was it?

It was Egypt, brazil,India,Mexico,china,Jordan and Peru

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ahh I was right about Brazil being the second one so. :)

Looking at the list, there's no way they could've shown it in that order though. Would've taken too long to get going. They were right to show China first.

• Advertisement

I thought the Egypt episode was great :)

Just realised I've missed China! Going to track that down and give it a watch tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

The last episode was on tonight,and i thought it was very funny,he didn't even bother going down to look at the wonder :)

Anybody know if there is a second series?,he said in this episode that he wasn't making one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

There is an 8th show next week. Like a recap thing with the 3 of them chatting about his trips AFAIK. Should be funny.

I've heard him say in interviews as well that he won't do a second show. But maybe after how successful this series was he might change his mind. And I think Ricky might have only been winding him up saying Sky wanted a second series because he knew he wasn't enjoying it.

Tonight was very funny. I'm going to miss this big time. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

never laughed so much this one and china were the highlights for me.

I'll just do a david attenborough on it when i get home, i nearly died with laughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

This has been an amazing series, I really hope they do a second. I think my favourite bit of the whole series was in China when the bus driver was eating chicken beaks and offered Karl some and Karl said "He had a packet of Mentos on the bus, he didn't offer me one of those, but this he offers me" classic.

I find Gervais INCREDIBLY annoying in the show, I normally fast forward the bit at the start that he's in. He comes across as a total a**hole and what's with the laughing at every single thing Karl says. Not looking forward to the last episode, purely because Gervais will be in it alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Gervais' cackle is worse than any vuvuzela.

Gervais' cackle is worse than any vuvuzela.

+ 1'000'000 it actually makes my skin crawl. I just can't listen to the pod casts no matter how funny Karl is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Lol when he
    is sailing up the river and waves to the tribesmen, then they don't wave back. Then he tries to climb up the bank and keeps slipping "what a right knobhead I must look. Have they seen me?"

Lol when he
    is sailing up the river and waves to the tribesmen, then they don't wave back. Then he tries to climb up the bank and keeps slipping "what a right knobhead I must look. Have they seen me?"

I nearly wee'd myself laughing at that, the funniest bit being that there was steps right beside where he was clammouring up :D

If that's acting then he deserves and Oscar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

One of the funniest bits was when he's sitting in the middle of the Amazon eating sausages and beans and your man is eating a rat!! Or he tried to give the snake a biscuit,and it wouldn't eat it he says "waste of me biscuit that was",brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Lol when he

Why spoiler something that was on tv 2 days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Includes Karl talking about Series 2 & the name changing to 'An Idiot Abroad'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

One of the funniest bits was when he's sitting in the middle of the Amazon eating sausages and beans and your man is eating a rat!! Or he tried to give the snake a biscuit,and it wouldn't eat it he says "waste of me biscuit that was",brilliant.

Ha ha ha. That was classic alright. "No no snake won't eat it"
    "How do you know, ever tried giving a snake a biscuit have you?"

I nearly wet myself.

basquille wrote: »
    Just an FYI..

There's been 2 new free podcasts with Ricky, Steve & Karl in the last week on iTunes - see here!
    Think there's another one due to go up shortly too.

Any way to get these without iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Goodshape wrote: »
    Any way to get these without iTunes?

The whole collection of are up on audible.co.uk you gotta pay for them though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

One of the funniest shows I've seen this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Why spoiler something that was on tv 2 days ago?

Sky+

The only way to watch tv

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Some good highlights...
    mainly being standing looking at the boat getting out as quick as possible when he lands at the tribe...and how hard life must be for stick insects and trees with knives in them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

basquille wrote: »
    Just an FYI..

There's been 2 new free podcasts with Ricky, Steve & Karl in the last week on iTunes - see here!
    Think there's another one due to go up shortly too.

The Podfather is not new - that was released in 2007 IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

ncmc wrote: »
    I find Gervais INCREDIBLY annoying in the show, I normally fast forward the bit at the start that he's in. He comes across as a total a**hole and what's with the laughing at every single thing Karl says. Not looking forward to the last episode, purely because Gervais will be in it alot.

Same here, cant stand any part with Ricky (fake laugh) Gervais. Steve Merchant isn't so bad, but Gervais just gets on my tits. They should have called it The Idiot at Home (while another one goes around the world)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Last week's ep (Peru) was hilarious. One of the best yet. So funny, it was like his first day and he was really angry about being there in the jungle. Thought he was hard done by having to give back the presents from the tribe, he did give them at least Connect 4!

Giving out about David Attenborough was really funny, the voice over at the end was perfect. Really great stuff.

TBH there wouldn't be a ricky gervais show if Karl wasn't there. He's the real star. It's amazing to hear him talk/give out, Ricky just reacts.

I'm very much looking forward to the end episode, I would've thought each ep would come with a podcast or at least 10 minutes back in studio with Gervais and Merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Congress tart!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Congress tart!

I was just coming on here to say that.

Congress tart !!!

Absolute brilliance - I have a knot in my stomach from laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Advertisement