Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"An Idiot Abroad" (Season 2) - Sky1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I hear late summer this year - whatever that means!?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I never even heard about this.. looks superb!

EDIT: Another better preview here: http://vimeo.com/11754548

Password: Pilkipedia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

basquille wrote: »
    I never even heard about this.. looks superb!

EDIT: Another better preview here: http://vimeo.com/11754548

Password: Pilkipedia

"You don't see that in the brochure, do you? - sh***y old nappy whizzing through the air"

"The Floor size is massive, but the upstairs bit is tiny"

I cannot wait for this. Looks brilliant.

Love the animated Ricky Gervais Show, but if you are familiar with the audiobooks, it's just a rehash.

This is the real thing, and with less interruptions from Ricky.

Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Thread title changed!

Can't fecking wait.

EDIT: Scien.. don't think it's starting this Sunday. It's certainly not on my listings for Sky 1 on Sunday night:
    7.00pm - Must Be the Music
    8.15pm - Must Be the Music - Meet the Semi-Finalists
    9.00pm - Michael Jackson's This Is It (2009)

• Advertisement

Update:

According to the website, a "preview episode" will air September 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Watched that preview last night, and it looks good. I'd say it will be funny. As long as Ricky Gervais is giving his stupid laugh every 5 fucking seconds like he was last night. I mean Jesus Christ, it wasn't that funny, and the way he stops mid laugh and starts a new sentence. If you are not laughing then why fake laugh, with a stupid laugh. God he gets on my tits.

So in summary, looks funny, hopefully there is very little Ricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Dacelonid wrote: »

So in summary, looks funny, hopefully there is very little Ricky.

Totally agree. RG is a brilliant comic actor, but he gets on my nerves when acting like himself! Karl Pilkington is class.

"Take everything that is normal here. In China, it would be weird"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Looking forward to this, I've listened to the audiobooks, podcasts and XFM radio shows for years and years. Unfortunately the preview show last night already lapsed into using some of the same material as those shows (regular listeners will know that they often used the same jokes/stories/etc. 2 or 3 times). I hope that these programs with just Karl will be original stuff and not just a new platform to get more money for the same old jokes, because these three are capable of putting out some great stuff, but some absolutely braindead, repetitive dirge also.

The "preview show" premiered last night on Sky1 and is currently on Sky Anytime (TV Guide --> Red Button) and is being repeated plenty on Sky this week - see below:

Sky1 11:25pm Tue 7 Sep
    Sky1 HD 11:25pm Tue 7 Sep
    Sky1 HD 8:30pm Thu 9 Sep
    Sky1 8:30pm Thu 9 Sep
    Sky2 10:50pm Thu 9 Sep
    Sky1 9:45pm Fri 10 Sep
    Sky1 HD 9:45pm Fri 10 Sep
    Sky1 HD 9:00pm Sat 11 Sep
    Sky1 9:00pm Sat 11 Sep

Having watched the preview show (basically footage from the upcoming series, and interview between Karl, Ricky and Steve), it does look hilarious!

Some great lines in the preview - one in particular was
    "there are fish in the Amazon who'll swim up your knob.. you always hear people saying how great the Amazon is - how great is it if there are fish there who'd rather live in my knob?"

Anyways.. it's revealed at the end of the preview that it starts on Thursday 23rd September at 9pm on Sky so mark the date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

Dacelonid wrote: »
    As long as Ricky Gervais is giving his stupid laugh every 5 fucking seconds like he was last night.

That pissed me off watching the preview totally acting and has made me suspicious of the TV show but hopefully it will be original with out Gervais laughing like a hyena narrating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

SkidMark wrote: »
    "Who put you in goal?!" :D

Genius!

Bump..

.. this starts tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I'm looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Waiting for this, and I already have a little Gervais overload after listening to him narrate a segment on the Simpsons.

I am going to give this a good fair crack of the whip though, I like the premise.

Karl's best line so far, Beijing, not worth having this in HD. Very ironic considering how much Sky pug HD.

The Chinese couple pronouncing his name like Carlow. He comes up with some quite good images and analogy's. The bird dropping her croissant to eat the spider was pretty good.

A promising start.

The heart stuff, just not funny for poor Karl.

I don't think I'd like a mate like Ricky Gervais.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Really brilliant! Didn't think they could bring Karls charm across from the podcasts, but they managed it grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Comparing the Great Wall of China to the M6:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭LowOdour

have to say i really enjoyed it, some brilliant lines in it...better than i thought it would be, hope the rest of the episodes are as good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bus driver throwing fruit at the bears...............he's not interested in fruit but if it was a squid with a tumour on it's head....

Some great lines tonight!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Best bit = hitting the camera man with the pin:pac:

Superb stuff!

When Karl was on the bus and there was the woman gobbing into the bag, both myself and my girlfriend started laughing uncontrollably.. for two reasons: the hilariousness of Karl's facial reactions and also the realisation that I'm exactly like Karl on holidays.

Some of his comments and reactions tonight mirror how I am on holidays.. but I'm not nearly that unknowingly witty! :D

Can't wait for more!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

What a fantastic show to start it off hopefully the ones to follow are as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Just ok tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I thought it was as good an hour of telly as i've seen in a while. I dont tend to pay much heed to programmes that have a big amount of hype and ad campaigns but this was worth tuning in to. Definately some great one liners and brilliant observation.
    "I thought this was where they made the iPhone...."
    "Whats that protecting? ... just go round, its not even deep":D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It's great telly, who needs Palin? As Ricky said, "it's probably the most expensive practical joke ever done" and fair play to sky for doing it, it's like a Ch4 series really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I laughed my ass off for an hour. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. For someone who is supposed to be an idiot, his insight and wit are pin sharp. Combined with some of the spontaneous reactions (the fire massage, the throat jab in the shaolin temple, and "I looked at the wrong time") just makes it priceless TV.

The fact that its all fresh (and not recycled from the podcasts!) really helps too.

Advertisement