Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you love about Ireland ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

I answered whats to love, except genuinely feel quite bad now haha.

At the moment I'm so sick of it, everything to do with it, but I have a feeling when I'm away over the summer and I get back I'll feel much more warmly towards Ireland, despite our faults. That should last about... two weeks?

Also I remember last summer when I came home from holiday where it was essentially a dry and brittle desert for two weeks, and driving into the town I live and the green trees, plants and flowers being almost overwhelming, so striking. Seeing it with new eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

In my opinion, there was no need for that.

Take a day off.

Booooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Booooooo

So should you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

i like how everything is reasonably priced:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

You're asking me what do I like about Ireland?

That would be an ecumenical matter. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Tbh I love the way when you're on the piss and blah blah blah something happens and you end up stabbing 2 people through the skull with a screwdriver and murdering them.

20 years is all you get.

20 years!

Awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The scenery. Or rather, the parts that haven't been vandalised with crappy looking apartment blocks and half-built housing estates.
    The weather. Rarely too cold in the winter or too warm in the summer. Irish weather is seriously underrated.
    The fact that Father Ted couldn't possibly have been made anywhere else.
    The way politicians use the phrase "world class" to describe any type of public infrastructure that, in terms of quality, is nearly as good as that of other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sarcasm . .

Did we invent it ? We certainly perfected it . . Nice . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I'm completely fed up with the place right now tbh. What more to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Orange69 wrote: »
    Ireland is a festering pit of human depravity.. imo..

Sweet. I actually read your post in Ian Paisley's voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

The Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Giving directions to tourists in Irish

when i was a courier some german men asked me where a good club was i sent them to the george , the things you do to amuse your self when your on a push bike are unbealeavble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

- Trad music
    - We have our own language
    - For a country of our size, we usually punch way above our weight on the world stage (eg. sport, business, etc)
    - High standard of living
    - Beautiful scenery
    - Never more than a two hour drive to the coast
    - Irish people have a great sense of humour
    - Great golf courses
    - Very relaxed pace of life
    - Low crime rate
    - Sharon Ni Bheolain on the 6 o'clock news every evening
    - Excellent education system
    - RTE soccer analysts being allowed to speak their mind and have a bit of a laugh (compare them to the boring twats on the BBC/ITV). Actually, RTE's sport coverage in general is excellent.
    - Very few speed cameras
    - Community spirit, eg. during the recent flooding, the local community, indeed the whole country, did everything they could for those in trouble.

That's just off the the top of my head. Face it lads, we have a great country here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Drumpot wrote: »
    Sarcasm . .

Did we invent it ? We certainly perfected it . . Nice . .

yeaaaaaaaaaah,we.invented.it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    - Trad music
    - We have our own language
    - For a country of our size, we usually punch way above our weight on the world stage (eg. sport, business, etc)

Really? How so?

Reaching the quarter finals of the world cup in 1990?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Gate B, Dublin Airport.

Seriously though, me and my mates all agree that's the best place in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

The weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BattyInNZ

About the sense of humour thing - we certainly Do have a sense of humour and I'd go as far as saying everyone else's is s h i t in comparison to ours but that's sometimes where the trouble starts - theirs is different to ours so even though we KNOW we have a great sense of humour it doesn't always emigrate very well! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Not much. I'll always be attached to Ireland because it is my home and where I grew up, but if asked to name what I like about it, I can't think of anything that couldn't also apply in other places (and I can think of loads of things I hate about it that wouldn't apply in other places), except perhaps for "craic", but then again, I've never had craic in other places so I can't possibly know if Irish craic is superior.

Ireland is a mediocre country IMHO. At least in other conservative corrupt debt holes (like Greece) the food is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Our sense of humour all the way...there really is nothing like it.
    GAA, there's nothing like the summer when your team is doing well and the whole community is excited and hanging out flags, not to mention the matches themselves.
    The scenery - after being away from a while you really start to appreciate just how green everything is, and I live on the doorstep of the Burren so that too.
    It's a grand oul place really...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 oooomy

spanish and polish girls :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

I think our coast and seas are really underrated. We have by far the most impressive coastal scenery in Europe (and indeed the world) and the water quality is generally really good. The Cliffs of Moher are still incredible to this day, no matter how many time you've seen it

Bitching about Ireland. Sure isn't that the most Irish thing to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

-The fact that old people bitch about priests and all their shenanigans, but wouldn't miss mass for the world.
    -Irish music. The rebel and diddle-dee-i.
    -Sense of humour mong Irish people.
    -Having the craic.
    -Drinking.
    -"Ah, be alri"
    -GAA.
    -The sense of national pride when one of our sportsmen/women do well in something.
    -Cherry red faces the day after we get some sun.
    -The beaches.
    -Golf courses.
    -Food.
    -RTÉ and Eamonn Dunphy, baby/John 'shush Bill' Giles/Bill 'Okey doke' O'Herlihy.
    -Mícheal O'Muircheartaigh and Jimmy Magee.
    -Everyone is an expert on whatever we're good at, be it soccer, rugby, boxing, horse racing..
    -The summer days when it's sunny but theree's a light breeze so it's not too hot.
    -Croke Park.

I <3 Ireland.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Des Carter wrote: »

Especially our milk - nicest Iv ever tasted.

Ugh the milk in some places over in Europe is horrible,tastes sweet 'cause they feed the cows corn or something.
    Can't stand it!Whenever I'm over there I always have to drink soy milk:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Things to hate about Ireland:

*No seperation between Church and State.
    *Alcaholics are accepted, wheras casual hash users are shunned.
    *Lowest average IQ(92) in western Europe.
    *Incompitant corrupt government, whos main opposition is another incompitant party.
    *There's nothing for teenagers to do but Drink and spend all day long on the internet/Xbox(I find that it's easier to get my hands on booze then it is to get my hands on a Xbox game over my age limit, and in some cases under my age limit).

Things to love about Ireland

I realy can't think of anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

cypharius wrote: »
    *Lowest average IQ(92) in western Europe.
    *Incompitant corrupt government, whos main opposition is another incompitant party.

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm living outside Ireland at the mo and the only things I am missing from home are:

Foster's
    Barry's tea
    The Hibo in Bray
    Bray Wanderers
    GAA
    Friends/family

Not that much after 22 years of living there, imo.

I do love Ireland but I just don't want to live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Dionysus wrote: »
    Ahem.

The irony is misplaced, seeing as bad spelling is not = low IQ or incompitance(Other then compitance to spell). If you haven't noticed, our leaders are all quite educated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

it is a ****e country,but when you get a nice roaster of a day and you can play footy out the back,or take a spin with the windows down, i maintain its the nicest place to be and all the crap goes away for a while at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

millenuim clock

Advertisement