Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you love about Ireland ?

Options
  • 15-05-2010 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Had this discussion with a friend (who is living in New York), when I was bitching about everything wrong with Ireland at the moment . .

It was weird, he said to me "Why do you keep giving out about Ireland?. Tell me 10 things you like about Ireland" . .

I laughed and said, not a chance, but after a second I could easily list off a fair amount of things (funny when you think about it) that I loved about our emerald Isle. .

I love the craic . . .

Do you love Ireland ? 280 votes

I might bitch sometimes, but deep down I love it !
    0% 0 votes
    Whats there to love ?
    100% 280 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

I love the crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Giving directions to tourists in Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

My friends.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

I love Ireland but not for any particular reason. I guess because I'm born here and it's part of who I am.

Things that I love:
    Summer months(nothing better than a hazy summer evening playing football on the green until dark)
    Living by the sea
    My friends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

KERRY!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

there so much i can't stand, but overall im very proud to be irish, I love the passion involved in conversations down the pub, the down-side of that is we dont tend to do much about things we moan and give out about. I love when Ireland or someone irish is in with a chance of winning( or just doing better than expected) something in sport and how it seems everyone gets behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Maybe in some ways it's a lot easier to appreciate Ireland after you have lived outside it for a long time ( in my case 20 years ) because it's were all your earliest chilldhood, school , happy memorys , etc are stored and yes , time's are tough but this wont be the first generation of Irish who will expierence tough times .

So in nutshell Ireland for all it's faults is my country and homeland and always will be .

* knocks back a beer and JD coke chaser *

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

That there are 34 million U.S. residents with Irish ancestory and that Bram Stroker is Irish. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I love the "ah sure it will do!" attitude :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Ireland is a festering pit of human depravity.. imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Guinness. And being able to impress any foreign person by simply telling them that you're Irish.

That's all. Can't wait to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Orange69 wrote: »
    Ireland is a festering pit of human depravity.. imo..
    In my opinion you're a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

I love the irish sense of humour (Having the craic etc)
    The scenery around Ireland
    A nice cup of Lyons Tea
    Father Ted
    Irish lads, who I think are quite good looking....although I am extremely fussy on that issue!! :p
    GAA ....it makes the Summer
    Oooh and an important one boards.ie!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Butter

Try finding butter that tastes like real butter anywhere in the world outside ireland. Can't be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

FF, FG, BERTIE AHERN, RTE and THE WEATHER :p

Seriously apart from the above Ireland is great

Especially our milk - nicest Iv ever tasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Having lived/worked/travelled abroad is a bonus in judging the place in my view. Despite the fact that there are a lot of things about the Ireland of today I think should be changed it is still the best place to live & the best place to come from too. If you can see past our current shower of 'leaders' and so on and look at our history, traditions, culture and contributions to the world, for a nation our size it's completely extraordinary.

Cue lefty hippy with some guff about patriotism or a love of your heritage being the last refuge . . .. . . 'no borders, one world, we are all exactly the same' type nonsense.

The procrastination of Irish people and the general "it'll be grand" attitude from a lot of people is great. The unarmed Gardaì are a great bunch.

That's where it ends for me though. Shithole in every other respect as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I Just posted this because despite the many things I hate, I absolutely love this country and our fellow plonkers irishmen. .

We are simply unique . .The way Ireland is considered abroad is remarkable, when you travel, you will usually see how positive people view us!.

If anything, we have a much lower opinion of ourselves then most . . To some degree we are our own worst critics . .

In one word, despite my own personal many bitching discussions about what idiots we can be, I think we are simply Awesome, I wouldnt want to live or be from somewhere else. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I like our begrudger attitude yet when your in bother people cant do enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

nicegirl wrote: »
    I love the irish sense of humour (Having the craic etc)
    The scenery around Ireland
    A nice cup of Lyons Tea
    Father Ted
    Irish lads, who I think are quite good looking....although I am extremely fussy on that issue!! :p
    GAA ....it makes the Summer
    Oooh and an important one boards.ie!!! :)
    Yep, that about says it all for me too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Biggins wrote: »
    *Cough* internet flirt *Cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Batch bread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

Morlar wrote: »
    Having lived/worked/travelled abroad is a bonus in judging the place in my view. Despite the fact that there are a lot of things about the Ireland of today I think should be changed it is still the best place to live & the best place to come from too. If you can see past our current shower of 'leaders' and so on and look at our history, traditions, culture and contributions to the world, for a nation our size it's completely extraordinary.

Cue lefty hippy with some guff about patriotism or a love of your heritage being the last refuge . . .. . . 'no borders, one world, we are all exactly the same' type nonsense.

its good but lets not push it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sitec wrote: »
    *Cough* internet flirt *Cough*
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

No natural disasters, pork based products and its safe compared to other hell holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Biggins wrote: »

Thanks Biggins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭theboxer

Shithole in every other respect as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, it is some sh*thole alright. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Patriotism - especially the Irish variety - really turns me right off.

One thing I will say about Ireland though, is that it's the only country I've ever had the fortune to live in where it's a common occurence for a complete stranger to try and make you laugh on the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    In my opinion you're a dick.

In my opinion, there was no need for that.

Take a day off.

Advertisement