Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Saw it last night and loved it.

Hulk was brilliant. The cinema erupted in laughter when while fighting off the creatures he punches Thor aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Any one help he with the song that was used when Iron Man shows up to help Cap take down Loki in Germany?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thanos wrote: »
    Any one help he with the song that was used when Iron Man shows up to help Cap take down Loki in Germany?

Shoot to thrill by AC DC was it that scene?
    kinda becoming his theme now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Shoot to thrill by AC DC was it that scene?
    kinda becoming his theme now

My theatre erupted when he did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gonna see this again today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

That was one of the highlights for me. I don't usually geek out about movies or things of that nature. But, when he came in.... there was a grin on my face from ear to ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Galvasean wrote: »

Was tempted to go again, but I'm going to wait for the Blu Ray and see it in spectacular 2D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Galvasean wrote: »

my nephew is 8 and he's dying to see it so am gonna bring him during the week, really looking forward to seeing it again myself. His movie education is coming along nicely, he loves Indy, Star Wars, The Goonies, Back To The Future and the Marvel films.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,862 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The movie was chock full of such moments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Galaga joke was still the best.

• Advertisement

Galaga joke was still the best.

the fact he turns around and continues playing once the Avengers leave just makes it even funnier.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

:D

internet-memes-seor-gif-gtfo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

$640 million so far, holy sh1t,

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

went to see avengers last night in the odeon next to o2 seeing it in 3D spoiled the film will now have to see it in 2D

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Great news, best weekend ever! I didn't think it was gonna do it. Thrilled

http://marvel.com/news/story/18690/avengers_shatters_record_with_200.3m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

black window maybe shield agent now later on she works for villain organization call hydra

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Saw it for the second time today. Love it love it love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I dunno will I manage a third viewing. I might give it 2 weeks before I go again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've seen it 3 times now love it love it love it !!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great news, best weekend ever! I didn't think it was gonna do it. Thrilled

In fairness, with a $220 million budget (who knows how much more on marketing), five or six hype-building predecessors (one or two of which are arguably little more than feature-length advertisements for the main event), a hugely recognisable brand and a number of big name stars, it would want to be the best opening weekend ever. A fanbase who, as the thread proves, will go to see it several times also helps. I'd prefer to see it up there over Avatar, but it's some distance from being the li'l film that could.

My main thought, though, is that hopefully Joss Whedon will fund a Serenity sequel with his lavish bonus.

• Advertisement

In fairness, with a $220 million budget (who knows how much more on marketing), five or six hype-building predecessors (one or two of which are arguably little more than feature-length advertisements for the main event), a hugely recognisable brand and a number of big name stars, it would want to be the best opening weekend ever. A fanbase who, as the thread proves, will go to see it several times also helps. I'd prefer to see it up there over Avatar, but it's some distance from being the li'l film that could.

My main thought, though, is that hopefully Joss Whedon will fund a Serenity sequel with his lavish bonus.

I heartily endore this.

$640million in 10 days, broad praise from critics and viewers, i can see it beating one of camerons, i would love if it beat the 2 of them,

must admit im not a hugh joss whedon fan, didnt really like buffy or firefly, but damn it that man can work a film set, :D

Nathan Fillion tried to get everyone together again to produce more Firefly to be aired online but the writers said they wanted nothing to do with it :(

you can't stop the signal though....

/off topic...Avengers was Unreal. Can see Whedon's direction in every scene, nice to see a comic book film which is a good Film not just an excuse to milk fanboys and churn out 3D drivel

they said 3D was in massive demand and Imax sold out in America, i wonder if that was by choice or due to lack of 2D, that would be my only problem with this film the 3D showings are on 3 if not 4 time a day in my local cinema and 2D is only available twice,

3D isnt sucessfull its just being shoved down your throat,

don ramo wrote: »
    they said 3D was in massive demand and Imax sold out in America, i wonder if that was by choice or due to lack of 2D, that would be my only problem with this film the 3D showings are on 3 if not 4 time a day in my local cinema and 2D is only available twice,

3D isnt sucessfull its just being shoved down your throat,
    This. I work near a big Dublin cinema but I had to travel all the way into town to cineworld to see it in 2D because nearly every other cinema is only showing in 3D. And there isn't a lot of 2D showings either.

I don't like 3D, and the person I was going with can't physically see 3D effects & give them headaches so it wasn't an option. But I'm getting pretty sick of the way the 3D domination of films is going. IMO it's a cheap (actually 3D adds a huge amount of unnecessary production costs that are probably contributing to why the film industry is forcing it down people's throats so much...wish the money was being spent on better writers etc) party trick that most films don't benefit from, and use simply to mask poor writing/acting/cinematography etc.

Now I haven't seen Avengers in 3D but it was an excellent film in its own right without 3D, so I'm not saying it uses 3D to make up for flaws, but I wouldn't expect it to enhance the film much either.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I'm gonna need to see this again. This time in 2D. Might go towards the end of its run when it's a little quieter. I can't for the life of me remember that one long shot showing all of them in action, so that's my reason to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Overheal wrote: »
    In combat she does alright for herself, making use of the alien weapons. But her biggest strength was - exactly - the subterfuge. Again I think they set her up very appropriately in the film, establishing that she was a spy not a soldier. Barton was a soldier, and a badass one at that. Widow's moments were more subtle, like when she gets Loki to admit his play. Loki just goes "....what??" :D

i did like how she did that, but the times with the tiny gun just looked a little silly...kinda like she should have been kept to her interrogation part.

that and the giant worm thingy....they were the only two flaws in an otherwise perfect film for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    black window maybe shield agent now later on she works for villain organization call hydra

As a spy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm delighted for Whedon but I'm a little concerned about the precedent the success of this film could set.

I also hope Whedon distances himself from the franchise after this.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm delighted for Whedon but I'm a little concerned about the precedent the success of this film could set.

I also hope Whedon distances himself from the franchise after this.

Screw that, I want him to at least do the next one.

Advertisement