Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Going to see it again tomorrow with the wife (the boys got to see it 1st naturally).

kinda excited :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

just home....amazing!!!!

while i wasnt mad about the giant worm thingy, Hulk and Banner simply made the movie. Considering I was looking forward to Iron Man the most, it would have to be a great showing to steal the limelight. Hulk rocks!
    You can't bully me! I am a god

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM :P haha awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The Ticket today claims that Ruffalo is signed on to play Hulk in 6 more films. Six! Made my fucking day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

I'm 30 and goosebumps at this scene:

the-avengers-team-image.jpeg-cropped-proto-filmcritic_reviews___entry_default.jpg

black widow, is perhaps, the biggest waste in a movie ever...

her interview thingy is cool...but...come on...ridiculous use of pistols!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

The Ticket today claims that Ruffalo is signed on to play Hulk in 6 more films. Six! Made my fucking day!

AFAIK all the main actors have been signed onto multiple film deals, dunno how many but you'd assume they'd plan it for 6 each, 3 individual film and 3 avengers films,

is it possible to make 3 more hulk films, or would they have him cross over to say iron man, himself and stark seemed fairly buddy buddy at the end, and johansson has confirmed she wont be in IM3

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    AFAIK all the main actors have been signed onto multiple film deals, dunno how many but you'd assume they'd plan it for 6 each, 3 individual film and 3 avengers films,

Defo, but coming in so late, I wouldn't have thought they'd be planning for Hulk to make 6 more appearances. This is excellent news! Iirc Sam Jackson signed on for 5 after his first appearance in Iron Man.
    is it possible to make 3 more hulk films, or would they have him cross over to say iron man, himself and stark seemed fairly buddy buddy at the end, and johansson has confirmed she wont be in IM3

I'd imagine there'll be a lot of crossover from now on. At least 2 more Avengers movies will defo be on the cards, at least one more Hulk, I'd say you're defo right about him appearing in IM3 too.

Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Well, I remember Sam Jackson signed up for 9 films as Nick Fury, the vast majority of which so far have been glorified cameos so maybe this follows suit.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Well, I remember Sam Jackson signed up for 9 films as Nick Fury, the vast majority of which so far have been glorified cameos so maybe this follows suit.

What I meant by my excitement is that, irrespective of when/where Ruffalo appears, this info is indicative of plans for at least 6 more films. Odds are Banner won't appear in IM3, Thor2 and Cap2. One or two of them, sure, but all three is doubtful. So at least six more films. Cause for excitement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Hulk has been my favourite since I was 5 when, on holiday in Florida, I got a matching Hulk t-shirt and underpants combo :o

So more Hulk (as depicted in Avengers) = WIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,673 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

El Spearo wrote: »
    black widow, is perhaps, the biggest waste in a movie ever...

her interview thingy is cool...but...come on...ridiculous use of pistols!
    In combat she does alright for herself, making use of the alien weapons. But her biggest strength was - exactly - the subterfuge. Again I think they set her up very appropriately in the film, establishing that she was a spy not a soldier. Barton was a soldier, and a badass one at that. Widow's moments were more subtle, like when she gets Loki to admit his play. Loki just goes "....what??" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

She stole the movie for me. Totally not a waste of time in the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

What I meant by my excitement is that, irrespective of when/where Ruffalo appears, this info is indicative of plans for at least 6 more films. Odds are Banner won't appear in IM3, Thor2 and Cap2. One or two of them, sure, but all three is doubtful. So at least six more films. Cause for excitement!

One of the future avengers films is going to have to be the Hulk going mental and the other avengers trying to deal with him. I know that was done in cartoon form before, but then, so was a Chitauri invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Jernal wrote: »
    Ah shur, it's all based in a fictional universe anyway where anything goes. :D

If the movies go the way of the comics Cap may have to eat those words. The Marvel universe is crawling with all manner of Gods. :D
    I thought that "only one God..." line worked. Considering Rogers lived in America in the 30s. Back then if you weren't big on Jesus you were essentially a Communist so of course he's bound to be a believer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah worked for me too; I mean he is Captain America afterall, the 'living legend' who's supposed to embody old-school Americana & all its values, seems like the sort of thing he'd say.

Plus I also took it to be a little (ironic) jab at the ostentatiously dressed Thor & Loki. As fun as the movie was, when Loki appeared with his ludicrously horned helmet, I had to stifle a laugh now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah worked for me too; I mean he is Captain America afterall, the 'living legend' who's supposed to embody old-school Americana & all its values, seems like the sort of thing he'd say.

Plus I also took it to be a little (ironic) jab at the ostentatiously dressed Thor & Loki. As fun as the movie was, when Loki appeared with his ludicrously horned helmet, I had to stifle a laugh now and again.
    He had a helmet very similar to that in the comics :)

Authenticty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Kess73 wrote: »
    You forgot Olivia Munn as the Wasp/Janet van Dyne

olivia-munn-belly1.jpg

Damn, she's nice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Meesared wrote: »
    He had a helmet very similar to that in the comics :)

Authenticty :)
    Doesn't make it any less ludicrous. The Asgard stuff in both this & Thor always seemed a little bit on the nose in terms of design; Loki walking around our world in that getup was a little silly. Ditto Captain America's costume; I much preferred the one from his own film than this slightly camp version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Asgard stuff is indeed pretty OTT. Worked really well in Thor's dedicated film because they completely played up the absurdity of it with the Earth stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Kess73 wrote: »
    You forgot Olivia Munn as the Wasp/Janet van Dyne

olivia-munn-belly1.jpg

She doesnt appear to have a belly button... was she grown in a tube? :eek:
    The Asgard stuff is indeed pretty OTT. Worked really well in Thor's dedicated film because they completely played up the absurdity of it with the Earth stuff.

I think they addressed this perfectly in the Avengers movie with Ironman quipping about Shakespeare in the park and "Doth thou mother know you weareth her drapes?"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Didnt have much problem with it here, but I think the groundwork in Thor meant the Asgard stuff is always approached with tongue in cheek and knowing campness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

well if IM3, Thor 2, Cap 2 and a Hulk standalone movie and Avengers 2+3 go ahead thatd make sense, have him as cameos in the other movies. sure RDJ is in the Norton Hulk at the end as a cameo

Ditto Captain America's costume; I much preferred the one from his own film than this slightly camp version.
    The choice on Cap's costume makes sense, given the pace of the film and all the action. Especially if you remember what a damn mess the action in the transformer movies was. The ability to figure out what blurring blob is what really helps. The clean cut version of his suit stood out a lot better against all the rubble, aliens, lasers, and explosions that were happening everywhere at amazing pace.

krudler wrote: »
    well if IM3, Thor 2, Cap 2 and a Hulk standalone movie and Avengers 2+3 go ahead thatd make sense, have him as cameos in the other movies. sure RDJ is in the Norton Hulk at the end as a cameo

Yeah, but it's unlikely that he'll have a cameo in all the others' individual movies. One yeah, two maybe, but three is unlikely. I'd guess that he probably won't be in Thor 2. Which would mean they're planning more than the 6 you've mentioned. Which is an exciting possibility.

Overheal wrote: »
    The choice on Cap's costume makes sense, given the pace of the film and all the action. Especially if you remember what a damn mess the action in the transformer movies was. The ability to figure out what blurring blob is what really helps. The clean cut version of his suit stood out a lot better against all the rubble, aliens, lasers, and explosions that were happening everywhere at amazing pace.

In fairness, that's all sound logical if you're playing a videogame - silhouettes are handy among all the action then - but the medium of (action) film shouldn't be so indecipherable that we need obvious & outlandish visual aids. Heck then you might as well include a HUD for viewers. He is after-all the guy with the big round shield, hard to miss :) Besides, it was a bit too like the daft propaganda onesie that Rogers himself hated. You'd think he of all people would have wanted something a bit more pragmatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Anybody see Thanos at the end? ......... Knew there would be a clip to reveal the next film partway through the trailers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Just wondering if anyone knows how long the film will be in the cinema. I'll be hopefully seeing it on the 21st of this month after my college exams, so I'm wondering if it'll be there that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

DB21 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows how long the film will be in the cinema. I'll be hopefully seeing it on the 21st of this month after my college exams, so I'm wondering if it'll be there that long.
    it really depends on how big your local cinema is, the hunger games is still in one of my locals, and that was released nearly 6 weeks ago, and from how successful the avengers has been so far i would probably expect maybe a 2 month+ run in most decently sizes cinemas, so id say youll be safe,

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

I enjoyed this one quite a lot, but I'm still surprised at how much praise it's getting on the net. It was good, but not THAT good, there were some parts that were plain awful, some awesome parts and the rest was fairly predictible. Did not like Ruffalo's Banner but the actual Hulk was pretty sweet. Downey Jr. and Loki were the highlight performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

it really depends on how big your local cinema is, the hunger games is still in one of my locals, and that was released nearly 6 weeks ago, and from how successful the avengers has been so far i would probably expect maybe a 2 month+ run in most decently sizes cinemas, so id say youll be safe,

Grand. It'll be in Dublin anyway, probably Cineworld.

• Advertisement

In fairness, that's all sound logical if you're playing a videogame - silhouettes are handy among all the action then - but the medium of (action) film shouldn't be so indecipherable that we need obvious & outlandish visual aids. Heck then you might as well include a HUD for viewers. He is after-all the guy with the big round shield, hard to miss :) Besides, it was a bit too like the daft propaganda onesie that Rogers himself hated. You'd think he of all people would have wanted something a bit more pragmatic.
    He did. Coulson and Rogers even discussed it in the movie at one point, to which Coulson points out that 1) he made some of the design decisions himself, and 2) 'the world could use a little Old Fashioned right now'

Common enough fact that Rogers kinda hates his own campy suit but he sees the value in the icon.

Advertisement