Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

thats true but thats the point im making if you took Batman and Joker out of that and replaced them with some random hero cop and random terrorist you could basicly make the same cop thriller movie...

Avengers on the other hand is not trying to be anything other than a fantastic comic book movie and thats what it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wow. Lots of love for this utterly passable movie! Decent popcorn fare mind, I did enjoy it as a special FX-loaded romp. But "best film I've seen in years"? Some people need to get a grip. I'm hoping all those "buzzing with excitement" after seeing this are under 13. In which case, I hope you were also accompanied by an adult when you went to see it.

I believe thats me you're quoting, re. buzzing with excitement.

Btw, I'm 46.., and going again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

My main gripe is Joss Whedon.
    I don't like whe way everyone seems to talk in "witty catchphrases" / soundbites.

Take a look at the quotes page from imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/quotes

Imagine showing that page to someone who has never heard of the Avengers.
    "Why does everyone talk like a sarcastic smartarse?"

I'm actually more excited about Iron Man 3, Hulk 2, Captain America 2, Thor 2, than I am for Avengers 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

mikhail wrote: »
    Whedon was asked about that, and immediately described in loving detail a fight between the two.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2012/04/exclusive-joss-whedon-answers-my-qs--now-he-wants-yours/1#.T6PLqsV1YQW

That was brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Just picked up one of these on ebay. Sold out in seconds on Mondos own page. These could end up over $1000.

final_avengers_regular.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^

That's very cool.. must check Ebay..

Untitled_168.jpg

.. hey kids, you don't need to eat this week.. right? RIIIGHT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm 30 and goosebumps at this scene:

the-avengers-team-image.jpeg-cropped-proto-filmcritic_reviews___entry_default.jpg

Bought mine for $290. But some of these Mondo posters go for ridiculous money. And their website is a nightmare on order day. This sold out in a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

What's so great about those posters that they cost so much?

humanji wrote: »
    What's so great about those posters that they cost so much?

I guess you either like them or don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

the-avengers-team-image.jpeg-cropped-proto-filmcritic_reviews___entry_default.jpg

"Blah blah blah blah, Hulk - Smash"

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Skinfull wrote: »
    No way!! The hulk would totally have smashed him up if the fighter jet hadn't intervened! Also Hulk smashing up the jet was brilliant and the pilots reaction. :)

ye the hulk would have won but he wouldnt have smashed him up. thor can put it up to him and on occassion beat him. i remember seeing somewhere that the hulk is actually afraid of thors hammer. if thor had the strengt to hold back hulks first punch and knock him over, theres no way he would have been smashed up.

Thor has enough power to cope with the Hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Thor has enough power to cope with the Hulk.

So Thor is stronger than Superman then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Superman is just a pussy in his underpants ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Jernal wrote: »

I'd say they're all about even, Superman just about inches above the other two

I'm sure he could hold his own. Wonder Woman has held her own against Superman.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What about Goku?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I guess you either like them or don't.
    I'm not saying it's sh*t or anything (it's pretty cool), just what's the reason for the high price on them? Are they official prints or something?

I'd say they're all about even, Superman just about inches above the other two

These are awesome.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    What about Goku?

Definitely not the live action version of him anyway.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Definitely not the live action version of him anyway.;)

Not canon! Not canon! :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

When they showed that spin-around in the trailer I really thought it looked pants. Kicked some ass in the movie though!

Highest midnight opening for a super hero movie.
    http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3436&p=.htm

Already $300 million international. They expect $600 by end of weekend. If this continues it might beat TDKs numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,672 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No: Goosebumps at "...I'm always angry - *BOOM*"
    My main gripe is Joss Whedon.
    I don't like whe way everyone seems to talk in "witty catchphrases" / soundbites.

Take a look at the quotes page from imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/quotes

Imagine showing that page to someone who has never heard of the Avengers.
    "Why does everyone talk like a sarcastic smartarse?"

I'm actually more excited about Iron Man 3, Hulk 2, Captain America 2, Thor 2, than I am for Avengers 2.
    Some of it was excellent. You'd want to be a Whedon fan I guess and/or have seen Firefly and whathaveyou. The action was stellar of course but the other stuff just worked. I think though you might be talking about such wonderful things as "Captain I think you might want to sit this one out, they're descended from the Gods" "Theres only one God that I know of!" - would have got an ugh, out of me, but in fairness a good demographic of the theater ate that line up. Good for them. Added to my acceptance of it. Plus, it is something that fits with Steve Rogers' character. Fits it perfectly.

Still a much better plug than spiderman 3, to this garbage, "wooh yeah! Amerika! We're insecure about our national image! WOOH!":

2201132107_862deb72ed_o.jpg

And I'm glad they reshot a lot of the lines from the trailers, made it so they didn't feel so worn out in the middle of the movie.

Plus Schwarma? Probably all Whedon. And they had to have taken that in one take: Banner was about to crack up.

Overheal wrote: »
    I think though you might be talking about such wonderful things as "Captain I think you might want to sit this one out, they're descended from the Gods" "Theres only one God that I know of!" - would have got an ugh, out of me, but in fairness a good demographic of the theater ate that line up. Good for them.

Ah shur, it's all based in a fictional universe anyway where anything goes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I went to see this yesterday in UCI iSense. I was waiting ages to see it but I was very disappointed. Halfway through I was nearly falling asleep. I loved iron man 1/2, Captain America was good, I didn't like Thor.
    About ten minutes in I was getting worried thinking this is a bit boring, but was hoping iron man would make it a bit more interesting. He did for a while, but then it was back to more crap dialogue. There just wasn't enough action and Mark Ruffalo was a terrible choice for the hulk.
    I have a feeling very few think this as its rated 8.8 on IMDB and Mark Ruffalo is currently rated number 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Jet Black wrote: »
    I went to see this yesterday in UCI iSense. I was waiting ages to see it but I was very disappointed. Halfway through I was nearly falling asleep. I loved iron man 1/2, Captain America was good, I didn't like Thor.
    About ten minutes in I was getting worried thinking this is a bit boring, but was hoping iron man would make it a bit more interesting. He did for a while, but then it was back to more crap dialogue. There just wasn't enough action and Mark Ruffalo was a terrible choice for the hulk.
    I have a feeling very few think this as its rated 8.8 on IMDB and Mark Ruffalo is currently rated number 13.
    im calling troll, if you didn't get your action fix with this film then i dunno what your gonna do,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

don ramo wrote: »
    im calling troll, if you didn't get your action fix with this film then i dunno what your gonna do,

Nope not a troll. Just felt the action wasn't great for a lot of the film. It just lacked suspense. I added the disclaimer at the end of my post to say that I must be in the minority of people who disliked it as it's so highly rated. Only thing I enjoyed was iron man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Overheal wrote: »
    No: Goosebumps at "...I'm always angry - *BOOM*"

Ya that was pretty awesome.

Advertisement