Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shape shifting alien reptiles

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

K-9 wrote: »
    Well, we should all move to Canada then, lucky sods.

Suppose we could all go back to the 1700's as I'm sure it was perfect then.

Dying to know what was so great then though, before I get in my Tardis!

Well, I doubt either of the above would help, that would only patch up the situation imo. The system needs to crash, it cant sustain itself, it never could.

I would recommend storing some dry food away for a rainy day or months, perhaps a few gas masks too lol.

Seriously though, seriously :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No, we were always down.

We discovered borrowing from the mid 70's on and splurged, to such an extent we were nearly bankrupt come 86/87.

We had taxes of about 35-65% + PRSI.

We then cut taxes, but amazingly cut the huge Debt. It goes against the general point in this thread.

Yep, we fecked it up in the last 10 years, but, reducing taxes and debt meant we were in a very good position in 2000. Unfortunately, we reverted to type again and based the last decade on selling houses and cars to each other model.*

*Rather simplistic, but you get my point.
    Did the tax take rise or fall with those rises? Was spending cut? I know you're not an idiot so have to assume you're being purposely disingenuous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

amacachi wrote: »
    Did the tax take rise or fall with those rises? Was spending cut? I know you're not an idiot so have to assume you're being purposely disingenuous.

Corporate tax was lowered to one of the the lowest in the world(12.5%). As a result lots of MNC(Multinational corporations) arrived creating employement, which lead to a larger tax take as PAYE workers are on a much higher scale(35-50%). This meant we were taking in far more tax despite having lower rates. Therefore we borrowed less.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

amacachi wrote: »

What rises? I was talking about tax cuts during the 87-2000 period.

Spending was cut initially but increased after a few years.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NckD

What a video! Couldnt they shove some 9/11 or Swine flu stuff in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

NckD wrote: »

The giant skeletons looked cool.

Can anyone shed light on their authenticity ?

NckD wrote: »

They could, they could shove it somewhere else too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

yekahs wrote: »
    Corporate tax was lowered to one of the the lowest in the world(12.5%). As a result lots of MNC(Multinational corporations) arrived creating employement, which lead to a larger tax take as PAYE workers are on a much higher scale(35-50%). This meant we were taking in far more tax despite having lower rates. Therefore we borrowed less.
    What rises? I was talking about tax cuts during the 87-2000 period.

Spending was cut initially but increased after a few years.
    Apologies, I meant cuts. And as the above quote shows, which you knew, a cut in the headline rate of tax can lead to increased tax take, which happened, and spending was cut. Lower taxes (but increased receipts) and less spending led to an improvement in the economy and in debt. Course then we decided to once again increase spending massively, not on one-off costs but on wages and SW which was a ****ing retarded idea.

tallus wrote: »

They are reportedly called the Nephilim.

Som pics from google images, i have no clue as to their authenticity.

nephilim.jpg

nephilim1xr6.jpg

nephilim_1%5B1%5D.jpg

NephilimLg001.jpg

GiantKing.jpg

nephilim51834884.jpg

giantskeleton2.jpg

nephilim41834759.jpg

Debunked
    excavation-sm.jpg

nephilim31834619.jpg

nephilim21834509.jpg

nephilim_3.jpg

192125_nephilim2_jpg7b90afc0a057e0022f61b5af556a81c8

They are reportedly called the Nephilim.

Som pics from google images, i have no clue as to their authenticity.

Cheers Talkie.

I think I'll do a bit of looking into this subject, it's extremly interesting.

• Advertisement

Cheers Talkie.

I think I'll do a bit of looking into this subject, it's extremly intereting.

You're welcome, let us know of you're findings :)

Will do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Looks like a giant hoax.
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

fontanalis wrote: »

Yeah, maybe. I use photoshop quite a bit, I could easily make one of these pics.

It was nice while it lasted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I dont understand why they say it is physically impossible for them to have existed,dinosaurs existed.
    Or maybe they didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

caseyann wrote: »
    I dont understand why they say it is physically impossible for them to have existed,dinosaurs existed.
    Or maybe they didnt.
    I'm not 100% on it, but I think they're referring to the fact that you can't just double the size of a human and have a giant. The bone density has to increase for one and the bones in the pictures wouldn't be strong enough to support a body of that size. I think that's what they mean. I read up on the square-cube law thing that's meant to explain it, but it's a bit advanced for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I've been watching the antics of Henry Sheflin recently, i'm 100% sure he is a shapeshifting alien reptile. Any else spot any GAA reptilians? I'm pretty sure Gooch Cooper is too. They really are infiltrating everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

humanji wrote: »
    I'm not 100% on it, but I think they're referring to the fact that you can't just double the size of a human and have a giant. The bone density has to increase for one and the bones in the pictures wouldn't be strong enough to support a body of that size. I think that's what they mean. I read up on the square-cube law thing that's meant to explain it, but it's a bit advanced for me.

Reality isn't linear and not eveything is a rock you know. Energy can manifest into anything form. This world is a hologram.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

mysterious wrote: »
    Reality isn't linear and not eveything is a rock you know. Energy can manifest into anything form. This world is a hologram.
    I was watching a vid on fractals and a guys theory that within every atom even our bodies is a tiny tiny tiny black hole(maybe why we get old?),he proceeded to show how this could be possible with physics and other theories.It was pretty interesting and got me thinking about alot of other connections.
    Like Ickes lectures on his theory of the matrix and a holographic universe.
    What makes me curious is what is on the other side of all those black holes.
    Is that "heaven"? Or are we another consciousness on the other side?
    Maybe an alien lifeform visits us from that place too ^^
    I dont believe all this but its fun to consider it anyway.

• Advertisement

Torakx wrote: »
    I dont believe all this but its fun to consider it anyway.

My take on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

espinolman wrote: »
    looks real

Do you think its real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Do you think its real?

Yes , have you watched the video ?

espinolman wrote: »
    Yes , have you watched the video ?

Yes. Doesn't look real at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Do you think its real?

Not a fukking hope.good special effects though, 10/10.

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Not a fukking hope.good special effects though, 10/10.

I presume its the second alien he's referring to, as the first one is obviously a dramatisation. The effects are crap, far from 10/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I The effects are crap, far from 10/10.
    Ah come on its youtube not the feckin oscars:D

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Ah come on its youtube not the feckin oscars:D

Its a youtube clip from a TV program on the SyFy channel, not something someone made in their garage. the same SyFy channel that commissioned Battlestar Galactica.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

at least one of them is an entry to a photoshop contest
    http://www.worth1000.com/entries/105220/giant-skeleton

loads more of them up there, probably including the other photo used in this video

Advertisement