Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How many MPG?

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

i average 45 from a mk4 diesel golf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

02 Audi A4 1.8T

Motorway = 38-40mpg
    Urban = 25-28mpg

Dublin to Donegal got computer up to 43mpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Lexus Ls400, 16-20mpg in the city, 30mpg in longer runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭tc20

'82 Mercedes W123 280E, 20ish. Up to 26/27 on a country run

and herself has a 1.0 Micra auto, getting around the 40 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

voxpop wrote: »
    Something is broken on the bimmer - should be doing alot better than 30

Its been checked by BMW and they say all is fine,Ive tried driving as economically as i can but cant get better than 30:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭kurant

Lexus LS430 -12L mixed and about 10 long drive :p

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

08 Range Rover Vogue 3.6TDV8 25ish

Previous Car
    07 Porsche 911 s 3.8 22ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

so far this year the soarer [1993 2.5TT with mods] is 15.69mpg tho on 1 trip i saw 24mpg :D
    the altea [2007 2.0TDi] is at 42.35mpg

been useing spritmonitor.de to tack consuption since the start of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

mickob16 wrote: »
    Its been checked by BMW and they say all is fine,Ive tried driving as economically as i can but cant get better than 30:confused:

Unless you are driving in bumper to bumper traffic - you should see higher than 30. My 523i with its 2.5l petrol engine was getting 30. At 2.5 diesel should be getting 40 I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I get low 20s in city and low 30s on motorway (on average), typical E36 numbers
    Bets ever was 36 on a tank going Galway -> Dub and back again. Motorway all the way.

More info http://www.whatmpg.co.uk/BMW%20MPG%20Information.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

cursai wrote: »
    I recently highmiled(emptied the boot, put extra 3 psi into tyres and kepts revs under or around 2 1/2, changed gears rapidly etc...) on this car that i own. averaged over 980miles at 41mpg!!! Thought it was good. But not worth the effort. Great car...gonna miss it a lot....but going for the diesel....octavia 1.9tdi 90bhp.:(

At least it's reassuring to know that you can save a bit on fuel costs if you're willing to put in the effort. Although with petrol prices the way they are it's not so much a saving as a mitigation off costs.

Lately though, I've been happily able to avoid the worst of the Dublin traffic by just planning ahead and ensuring that I'm only travelling at off peak traffic times. This has led to my fuel consumption to go from 14.6 to 14.2 litres per 100 miles. That brings my MPG from 31.1 all the way up to 32. Hardly seems worth the effort but the real benefit is not ending up sitting in traffic for twice as long and having something productive to do while stuck on the wrong side of town. (That is, whatever side I'm trying to leave. I'm not saying that there is a wrong side of Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I got 4.7 on the way home in a 2009 (non start-stop) A4 2.0Tdi 143CR. Average speed of 78km/h over 62km's. Got bored towards the end of the journey so started flicking through the trip.

Very surprised it's that good (60mpg) as I haven't been driving it gently - upgaded lanes at the M50/M1 merge have made a big difference to the time and probably fuel consumption. 110,000km on so it's well run in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭ofcork

Have seen over 50mpg in my 04 1.6 petrol avensis on motorway but can be down to 20s around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

51/52 mpg, 05 mondeo tdci zetec, not much urban driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

05 1.9 tid 150 bhp saab 93 vector sport. 46 mpg on combined, 55 ish on long trips n motorways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Around 25mpg combined in my 330ci

Around 25mpg combined in my FTO.

Around 40mpg combined in my Colt :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

2006 Isuzu dmax

33.1 mpg

That includes a combination of long and short spins along with towing a cattle box loaded with cattle for one sixth of the mileage used for the calculation. I am delighted with this return but granted I do drive easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jodina2

honda accord 1.8 vtec year 00 roughly 22 mpg which i know is really bad but its mostly short trips stoping and going

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Menapians

get roughly 45mgh mixed out of my celica st. its the same as i used to get out of my colt i think i made a good swap there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

35MPG. Toyota Corolla G6r

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Opel Astra Bertone 1.8

27 MPG city driving.

36 MPG on motorways.

Thermostat isn't closing properly so will expect better MPG when I change it during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Useful chart, sorry if its a repost!

rsvivp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Menapians wrote: »
    get roughly 45mgh mixed out of my celica st. its the same as i used to get out of my colt i think i made a good swap there :)

really? the 45mpg part i mean...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

99 Skoda Octavia Tdi, 65 miles per gallon when driven with a light foot:D
    100 miles per 7 litres of diesel:D Nearly cheaper than walking:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

cursai wrote: »
    Friend of mine claims he gets 700miles per tank out of his audi a3 2003 1.9tdi. Must be around 65mpg. Can that be right?

He is not telling any lies, I'm getting around the same from my Skoda Octavia Tdi....You just need to keep it around 2000rpm...fantastic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

round 45-50 mpg for a 08 1.4 d4d Auris

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭_Nuno_

Between 51 to 60 mpg in a Renault Grand Megane 1.5 Dci 86bhp. It depends on how much city driving and how bad the traffic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Coincidentally, I calculated the MPG yesterday over a full tank of my '98 Eur 800 Corolla 4E-FE. It's doing 50 MPG which is more than my 3 other cars put together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Menapians

ottostreet wrote: »
    really? the 45mpg part i mean...

Ya i was surprised at that to but thats what it worked out at. now i was only after getting the engine reconditioned so im sure that had alot to do with it. i did 110 km using 6.4l 71 km of that was main road/back road driving according to Google maps (Waterford to Wexford) the rest in round the city mostly to and from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭manatoo

37.5 mpg 1.6 Toyota Carina E 1995 mostly city driving. 40 when mostly longer distance. Got 46 on a 2000 mile trip around France last year

Advertisement