Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How many MPG?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

34.5 mpg

2007 Volvo s40 1.8

Mostly 100km/h N/M roads, with some city, and occasional motorway Dublin-Cork and back.

I could definitely bring it down if I kept to the speed limits (I tend to do 55, 65, 90, 110, 140 per speedo), but I'm light enough on the accelerator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭bladespin

49mpg 03 Mondeo TDCI 130, mostly motorway and main road not very much urban driving, reasonably fast driving style (though not leadfooted).

Done the brim test several times, using differing driving styles, from saintly to quick and the result rarely varies from 49 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

31 according to trip computer so im guessing less:D from a 2005 2.0T sri vectra in mostly city driving. I don't think i could EVER buy a diesel tho unless it was an old fiesta van lol. ran on fresh air that thing did haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

31 according to trip computer so im guessing less:D from a 2005 2.0T sri vectra in mostly city driving. I don't think i could EVER buy a diesel tho unless it was an old fiesta van lol. ran on fresh air that thing did haha

It's not a white Vauxhall by any chance is it? Can't be too many of them around..............

R.O.R wrote: »
    It's not a white Vauxhall by any chance is it? Can't be too many of them around..............

nope a silver/gun metal grey one. only have it since august and love it! an ex opel ireland car and sleeperish too:) yup you are right they pretty rare over here. same as a saab but a lot cheaper to buy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

nope a silver/gun metal grey one. only have it since august and love it! sleeperish too:) yup you are right they pretty rare over here. same as a saab but a lot cheaper to buy:D

A driver had a white one that came back last year. Had a large blue airfreshner on the dashboard - kind of looked a bit like a light on the dash ;)

Apparently, people used to move out of his way quite sharpish if he came up fast behind them on the M-way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Renault scenic 1.4 2003
    43mpg on motorway
    37mpg in city

R.O.R wrote: »
    A driver had a white one that came back last year. Had a large blue airfreshner on the dashboard - kind of looked a bit like a light on the dash ;)

Apparently, people used to move out of his way quite sharpish if he came up fast behind them on the M-way :D

haha nice idea!!! i know what to look for next time i'm in the motor factors. Thanks R.O.R:D

Advertisement