Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How many MPG?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

antodeco wrote: »
    Bloody heck! Same car, but I get 30MPG max!

Thats shocking stats for a car of that size! My 2.0l TFSI gives me close to 33 mpg and I wouldn't have the lightest foot around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

31mpg - Alfa GT 1.8l

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

'97 Polo 1 litre:
    Mixed driving 47 mpg
    long run, taking it handy 56 mpg

Woohoo! (that was last year, i hope it's still as good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

EPM wrote: »
    There's something wrong with your car
    like what? It's over 1.5 tonnes, I presumed the low MPG (would normally be around 22mpg Im told) was due to the weight.

Worst part is, I only recently traded up from a 1.3 fiesta and would regularly see north of 40 mpg in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's only a 1.8 in a heavy car but 22 is very low for motorway driving...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

getting 25mpg suburban, 30 something on the motorway - thats in a manual 523 (e39) and talking it handy. Think I might have one or more vacuum leaks so hoping this can be improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

'04 Opel Vectra 1.6L

40 MPG motorway, 25 MPG Urban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

BMW 320d '04
    I reset the mpg calculator on the OBC a month ago and since then it's been reading 52.7mpg average :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

99 Almera 1.4 - 28-30 mpg
    95 skyline gts 2.0 n/a - ~15mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

Generally 50 to 57 mpg.
    2000 Golf TDI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

04 Octavia 1.9 tdi 90bhp 61.1 mpg
    01 avensis 1.6 , 39 mpg
    73 Merc 230 auto, 19mpg ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

04 Seat Ibiza 1.4 TDI
    Average of about 63 on a typical journey, goes down to about 55 on the motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Max Power1 wrote: »
    like what? It's over 1.5 tonnes, I presumed the low MPG (would normally be around 22mpg Im told) was due to the weight.

Worst part is, I only recently traded up from a 1.3 fiesta and would regularly see north of 40 mpg in it

I think that is a crazy figure, my friend has Chevy Blazer, 4.3l V6 and it takes less petrol than your Rover:)

About 10l in motorway, 16-18l in the city that is in mpg 28 - 15

My own Volvo S40 2.0l petrol takes about 30mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

2004 RX8
    15.5 L/100km
    18.2 MPG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Averaging around 32mpg mixed between city and motorway driving..

Just city around 25mpg but all motorway usually 40mpg+

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

1997 VW polo 1.9SDI ( 64Bhp) ~ Avg 65Mpg (always pushed hard)
    2001 VW Bora 1.9TDI (130Bhp) ~ Avg 59Mpg (pushed on but would cruise)
    2008 Octavia 2.0TDI (140Bhp) ~ Avg 52Mpg (cruising mainly)

I would guestimate late teens early 20's.

38 litres to about 140 miles if anyone can tell me how to work it out?!

rover 75 1.8 2000
    That's thirsty...

+ 1
    This post has been deleted.

yep

defo

I doubt a 1.8K 75 is over 1500kg to be honest.

As said there is something wrong, first things to check are the plugs and air filter then stuff like the CTS and thermostat, I would get the emissions checked too to ensure they are ok.

RoverJames wrote: »
    I doubt a 1.8K 75 is over 1500kg to be honest.

As said there is something wrong, first things to check are the plugs and air filter then stuff like the CTS and thermostat, I would get the emissions checked too to ensure they are ok.
    The car just did its NCT last week and the listed weight was 1612kg. Only recently serviced, timing belt replaced,oil changed etc.

I'd take the NCT kg with a grain of salt, a car I had was 200kg heavier on one scales then another an hour later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Opel Corsa 1.6T
    Car has two trip computer settings. The 2nd is telling me 8.8 l/100km or 32 mpg over last 2.5 years

I'd take the NCT kg with a grain of salt, a car I had was 200kg heavier on one scales then another an hour later :)
    Fair enough.
    Its been off the road for a while (more than a couple of months) so I'd attribute it to this. Im going to leave her run to almost empty and get an accurate brim to brim MPG rating. Im probably slighlty overestimating the consumption. Probably still in shock at the contrast between the 75 and my old fiesta :P

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

I've got a 1.0L vw polo. There's no trip computer on it but I've calculated it myself a few times out of interest and it's always in or around 46-48mpg with a good mix of driving in towns and on the open road.

Im going to leave her run to almost empty and get an accurate brim to brim MPG rating.

No need to have her empty, brim her now and reset tripometer yoke, drive x amount of miles and brim her again, the litres taken to brim her the 2nd time is the amount of fuel used to go the trip distance (x) :)

No need to have her empty, brim her now and reset tripometer yoke, drive x amount of miles and brim her again, the litres taken to brim her the 2nd time is the amount of fuel used to go the trip distance (x) :)
    Aye, but I need to wait to get paid in order to fill her up anyway! Id prefer to get a reading over a tank worth of fuel, rather than setting say 100 km. The more mileage taken the more accurate the reading an all that..

Ill be doing mostly suburban driving for the next while so that'll drag the MPG down aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

According to the trip screen in my car I average about 19mpg :(

'02 BMW 320ci (2.2 auto)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'm a bit surprised at some of the low figures on here. Makes my GTI seem almost frugal! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

The car just did its NCT last week and the listed weight was 1612kg. Only recently serviced, timing belt replaced,oil changed etc.

Parkers says it's 1400kg, and should get 36mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

A4 1.9Redi
    Trip cpu is telling me i'm averaging 43mpg. That'd be a good mix of long distance cruising and pootling about the village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Averaging out at about 27mpg.

Though quite easily capable of 15mpg either way :D

Advertisement