Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble's brewing for Spy

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Piste wrote: »
    Why are the people here more qualified to talk about people's attitude's to clubs? Because they can mouth off about more stereotypes than I can?

Because a huge amount of people here work or have worked in the industry, and a huge amount similarly spend their spare time either promoting nights, running them or attending them. Also most of the people here would have a good few years on you and the benefit of experience tends to negate bias somewhat.

(cue facetious response ''So that means their opinion is better than mine'' or somesuch)

There's 12 pages of dialogue about this in the thread. I'd suggest you read them, the views of the forum en masse are fairly well represented and the conclusion reached wouldn't be terribly controversial or surprising to any Irish demographic tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

But I have read the thread...

Ok a lot of people have more experience than me. Fair enough, not arguing that. But Leif_Erikson seems to have a particular chip in his shoulder which he can't explain other than by saying "they're hipsters...". He's judging from appearances. I wouldn't have a problem if he said he'd has plenty of experience dealing with "hipsters" as a DJ or club promoter. But he hasn't, he's just resorting to unfounded stereotypes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Piste wrote: »
    But I have read the thread...

Ok a lot of people have more experience than me. Fair enough, not arguing that. But Leif_Erikson seems to have a particular chip in his shoulder which he can't explain other than by saying "they're hipsters...". He's judging from appearances. I wouldn't have a problem if he said he'd has plenty of experience dealing with "hipsters" as a DJ or club promoter. But he hasn't, he's just resorting to unfounded stereotypes.

Well despite the fact that thats simply not the case, and that he's actually made an effort to respond without getting in a big tizzy, the whole viewpoint is fairly self-explanatory tbh. This is the electronic music/DJ forum, not the ''Buy the World a Coke'' forum and the stereotypes are in the public consciousness because they actually exist. In numbers. There's a plethora of photos and such up over the last 3 years that gives them enough rope to hang themselves without any help from us.

But I'm done here and I don't want to speak for someone else, nor am I going to stay on here for another three pages of responding to nitpicking in detail. Spy/Wax is dead and the ''scene'' has a bit of a nasty cold. That whole generation of people will end up in Coppers or some other hole in about 5 years and the circle of life will continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

New head doorman in Spy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_glkXG6AGxQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

There are no words that cant accurately portray my hatred for this guy and everything he stands for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement