Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android app ideas for Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

I have an RTE app available on the market, it's free with no ads, just search the market for RTE, "RTE RSS"

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Daavid

Thanks, but that doesnt allow use of rte player does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Daavid wrote: »

RTE player works in your browser on 2.2, but it is a bit dodgy (scrollbars and that) and a dedicated app would be great.

Daavid wrote: »

No, just the Live stream from RTE, so News and Dail etc.

The RTE Player can be opened in the browser on Android 2.2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Why is the Sky News app not available in Ireland yet? Delighted that we've finally got paid apps (and in Euro!), but we still don't have access to everything. :(

• Advertisement

marymc wrote: »
    Why is the Sky News app not available in Ireland yet? Delighted that we've finally got paid apps (and in Euro!), but we still don't have access to everything. :(

The limitations per App are not set by Android/Google they are set by the Application developer. The Sky News app is not present on the Irish App Market because Sky App developer has choosen not to allow it in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Carzone app would be great! they have one for iphone and ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Has there ever been talks of a Met Eireann app?

Use the rainfall radar a lot myself, would be kinda neat to have an app rather than opening the browser.

Apologies if already been mentioned! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Would really like a pollen count app and a tide table app for fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

rushnaldo wrote: »

I've looked into the pollen count one and cant find a decent website that is updated properly with pollen counts for Ireland, do you know of one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

flugel wrote: »
    Has there ever been talks of a Met Eireann app?

Use the rainfall radar a lot myself, would be kinda neat to have an app rather than opening the browser.

Apologies if already been mentioned! :o

I was looking for somethnig similar. and I found "weatherman Ireland". Really good. Very accurate on detecting area. Definitely recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,041 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone know if there is an app that lists car parks and the current amount of spaces? I can find reviews and screen shots of some online but nothing in the marketplace. any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mrliam

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but what about an app for the Irish Constitution ( I know it's on iphone) but android would be great!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I can't seem to find the Paddy Power one anymore on Market.
    Downloaded it months ago and lost it when I did a factory restore.
    Is it still available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Heroditas wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the Paddy Power one anymore on Market.
    Downloaded it months ago and lost it when I did a factory restore.
    Is it still available?

You can download it on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dots104

I tried the link that they send to your phone but the link is broken. Anyone got paddy power app working in the last week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DerekN

rushnaldo wrote: »

I have this site saved as a favourite and I've added it as a single click homescreen shortcut...shows tide predictions all over Ireland.

http://www.pocketsizetides.com/

I sometimes take a printscreen from my PC and crop the image to just the tide table and save as a jpeg...It can then be sent to the phone and used as a background or just opened when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

The network minutes remaining app would be great as a home screen widget.

Displaying remaining Minutes/Text/Web

Another would be a Loc8 App that could link to Google Maps to find addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Would like app for PTSB log in to internet banking, for weddings online, for Irish independent and for booking.com. is there a proper app for boards? I'm using the mobile version of the site but it could be better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The indo has a mobile version of site that works great, why is an "app" needed at all? Try the "newspapers" app, it just aggregates links to mobile paper sites (boards, IT, indo are on it under Ireland).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

dots104 wrote: »
    I tried the link that they send to your phone but the link is broken. Anyone got paddy power app working in the last week or so

I have it on my phone i had it saved from a few months ago ill have a look and see if i can post the apk. file here.

marymc wrote: »

I have that app on my phone but i got it in England, not sure if i can post the apk. it'll even work but it works ok on my Meteor SIM!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

jonnny68 wrote: »
    not sure if i can post the apk

Go on, we won't tell Rupert Murdoch!

srsly78 wrote: »
    Go on, we won't tell Rupert Murdoch!

:D I don't mean it in that respect, not sure how i can actually get to post it, ill take out my SD card now and see if it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

jonnny68 wrote: »
    :D I don't mean it in that respect, not sure how i can actually get to post it, ill take out my SD card now and see if it can be done.

Astro file manager has a tool for backing up apps to .apk's on you SD card (:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I actually emailed paddy power about the app...see response below..

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.
    We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the Android application. Unfortunately, these difficulties are out of our control. We are looking to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

In the mean time, you can place your bets online at http://www.paddypower.com, or you can contact our Dial-a-bet service on the numbers below:

Dial-a-Bet:

From Ireland: 1800 721 821
    From UK: 08000 565 265
    If you have any further queries please click here to avail of our Live Help
    Kind Regards,
    David Fleming
    Paddy Power Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

I'd love an app that would integrate an alarm clock with google maps navigation.
    I hate when I'm on a bus going somewhere I've never been before and I've the sat nav open for the last 15 mins of the journey trying to figure out where I am and which stop to get off at.
    Have always thought that it would be very handy to have the option to sound an alarm when your close to your destination on the map. That way you don't have to be watching out and you can sleep or whatever.
    I'd buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

ball ox wrote: »
    I'd love an app that would integrate an alarm clock with google maps navigation.
    I hate when I'm on a bus going somewhere I've never been before and I've the sat nav open for the last 15 mins of the journey trying to figure out where I am and which stop to get off at.
    Have always thought that it would be very handy to have the option to sound an alarm when your close to your destination on the map. That way you don't have to be watching out and you can sleep or whatever.
    I'd buy it!

Remember the milk has some of this functionality. You can set it to remind you about a task when your physically close to a location. Unfortunately it does a lot more and costs $25 a year so there are probably some alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads whats the deal with the last fm app! Ive heard lots of things about this app but I cannot seem to do anything on it apart from look up info on artists!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Lads whats the deal with the last fm app! Ive heard lots of things about this app but I cannot seem to do anything on it apart from look up info on artists!

You need a patched version for listening to music since the service is gimped in Ireland

Advertisement