Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that is a long run...The continuing adventires of Hunny Monster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Great going HM...inspirational stuff !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

utterly brilliant. fantastic achievement for a great cause. well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Congratulations to Jo (and all the crew)......... Fantastic achievement!!

Glad I got to meet up with ye in Kilmallock, even if it was at stupid o'clock!! :D

Enjoy the celebrations, you deserve it!!

Linda x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Congratulations Jo and crew. An amazing achievement..inspirational.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Just to say a big well done and I'm very proud to call you a clubmate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

how long will the verification of the record take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

I'm not sure anything has ever captured my imagination and attention quite like HMs run has. This is fantastic news! Very well done indeed Jo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Amazing stuff :) Congrats all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

So if that final text was right I make it:-
    5Days 13Hours 44Minutes 45Seconds which I make to be 30 minutes (give or take a few seconds) faster than the previously reported fastest time.

Nice one Jo, take a bow. Awesome does not do you justice.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭runningcoach

I have just found a new definition for courage and determination.......it all started at 4 o'clock Sunday afternoon just outside Athlone on the road to Doon , Pat and I had travelled to run some of the way with Jo. When we arrived we met Jo smiling but suffering with severe blisters on both her feet. She had to stop twice over the course of the next 15km to receive treatment. At this stage she was barely able to drink mouthfuls in the 24 degree heath as she kept vomiting up anything she drank or eat. She had to stop at 8pm after doing 70Km of 125km planned for the day. Totally exhausted (btw I witnessed a no of car drivers shout abuse at Jo and support runners for holding them up by a couple of seconds). How disheartened would anyone of us be at that stage? Would any of us be able to even muster up a fight to keep going? She would also have been aware that because she could not get many calories into herself the next day regardless of how her feet healed her glycogen stores would be badly depleted; therefore, The next day would feel even worse for her. It was her 2nd day in a row of not making her 125km daily target.When Pat and I left Jo,Andrew,Steff and Niall on Sunday evening I did not believe she would make Mizen because too many factors were against her. Imagine my surprise when I then heard Monday night the plan was to go through the night so that she would finish in time!!! Jo..........nobody but nobody does it better than you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Cant really add to what everyone else has said here, in every combination, its been an amazing task turned into history. I'd love to know what the celebrations are for tonight.
    Ok, cold bath and some serious feeding to start with, but I'm sure there has to be a few beers too.

WELL DONE JO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

What an inspiration!!!! Big congrats to Jo and team!!!

RTE News didn't even mention it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

RTE News didn't even mention it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    It would be too late today for them. You may see something in the next couple of days.

gerard65 wrote: »
    It would be too late today for them. You may see something in the next couple of days.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I'm sitting up in bed in the blackrock hospital following a cardiac procedure this morning. As well as being worried about something going wrong and I wouldn't see the kids or my wife again believe it or not I was wondering how HM was getting on. I ran 11 miles with her the other day and I feel so proud to be one of those guys who ran along side to share some special moments on her amazing quest.

Well done HM, Legend.

I'd say TG4 will have something. RTE may do it if they had a camera/reporter there, it'd be a 'and finally' bit at the end of the news.

baza1976 wrote: »
    I'm sitting up in bed in the blackrock hospital following a cardiac procedure this morning. As well as being worried about something going wrong and I wouldn't see the kids or my wife again believe it or not I was wondering how HM was getting on. I ran 11 miles with her the other day and I feel so proud to be one of those guys who ran along side to share some special moments on her amazing quest.

Well done HM, Legend.
    News to cheer you up this evening. Get well soon;)

baza1976 wrote: »

Well done HM, Legend.

Well done yesterday on making it out to run with HM. U got a chance to make a bit of history :) glad to hear today went well :) Has ur misses left you to go and see Rihanna yet? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Well done yesterday on making it out to run with HM. U got a chance to make a bit of history :) glad to hear today went well :) Has ur misses left you to go and see Rihanna yet? :D

lol..... well she left bout an hr ago to go to the "hotel" which is up the road from "RDS" . Is she playing there:eek: lol

back on topic back on topic:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Can anyone confirm that HM didn't dive off the end and get stuck into crossing the atlantic for a cool down?! :D

Jo you are uber UBER impressive!! Congrats and well done!!! God only knows how many crazy dreams you have inspried in the minds of this lot. So delighted for you and well done to --amadeus--, Zuppy and MrsA.

Boards Royalty. We love ya we do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Can anyone confirm that HM didn't dive off the end and get stuck into crossing the atlantic for a cool down?! :D
    Yep, she's turned it into a triathalon. She's swimming to New York then cycling to Long Beach, California, lol. Actually, she probably could! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Hunnymonster, I love you ;)

(not in a threatening way Zuppylurk, purely from a running perspective)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

HOORAY! WELL BLOODY DONE!!!

I've been a nervous wreck all evening waiting til I could get back online!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Congratulations Jo, crew and helpers. Fantastic achievement. Its kept us enthralled for the last few days.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jaysis, dont be giving her ideas hahahha....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Aimman wrote: »
    Yep, she's turned it into a triathalon. She's swimming to New York then cycling to Long Beach, California, lol. Actually, she probably could! :eek:

Then rowing to Russia and going from Russia to Ireland on a motorbike (or By Any Means (TM) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

That's fantastic news, I'm so, so pleased for her, and don't forget the support crew - without them no record would have been broken! I'm thankful I had the chance to run with her, even if it was for just a piffling 6.82 miles, but it was the best 6.82 miles I've ever run!

Well done, Jo, you're simply awesome!

• Advertisement

Ah FFS..... The 2 year old from Cork got a mention for singing on youtube but no mention of Jo for setting a world record!!!!! :mad:

Advertisement