Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan is dead - Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Impossible to know until the PM . RIP Gerry

Indeed. Those people on twitter should be made aware of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

cant say i was a fan of the radio show, but i loved scool around the corner

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CrackerXYZ

R.I.P GERRY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Rest in Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I didn't listen to his show religiously like some - only on very rare occasions would I.

I liked his style though, I liked his voice & most of all I liked the way he didn't give a toss if you liked him or not - he didn't chase the folk who didn't like him, he didn't lick up to anybody nor any of the "higher authorities" of this land.

Hey, I didn't know him - but I'm going to miss his voice & charisma, I don't think there's a better Dj in this land.

R.I.P ye mad fecker ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He was always on television when i was young so i have fond memories of him, its a terrible loss in fairness regardless of what people thought of him,never nice to see a man as young as him die so suddenly and leave a family behind.

God rest Gerry,catch you on the flip side.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

RIP Gerry. Sympathy with the Ryan family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

tragic passing of a decent man.

R.I.P Mr. Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

never particulary liked man as a broadcaster but he was a father and a (x) husband and my thoughts r with his family,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

today i feel i lost a friend, every day i would have the radio on, jerry was the only one i would listen to for hours on end
    he made me laugh, spoke of everyday things, helped alot of people
    i know he never knew or met me, but i feel as if i had met him and would call him a friend, as every day his voice could be heard in my kitchen,
    also it is many a long journey i have travelled alone in car, and was never alone with jerry on
    i feel very saddened and downhearted today with this news
    and the fact i will not enjoy another day of radio listning
    there was no other
    i hope he is happy where ever he is
    god bless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Gerry, rest in peace. He's with his Mother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Well, I was in college finishing up for the weekend when someone was told this on the phone and repeated it out to me, I was pretty damn shocked. Now, I'm no fan of RTE and never really listened to his show but understood his position in Irish society, not just Irish media. Upsetting, to say the least.

I'll be raising a drink to Gerry Ryan this weekend.

Also, very respectable of RTE not to overdo it on Six One and report on a real issue first, kudos RTE, by doing that, your earning yourselves some respect in my eyes.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yes I also heard the news on twitter I couldn't believe it but I checked it up and he was found in his apartment in Dublin. I really loved his radio show, it's sad and my heart goes out to his kids.

R.I.P Gerry Ryan xx

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

I've been under a rock all afternoon and only just heard now - RIP Gerry, i'll miss your company during the drive to work x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

RIP Gerry. Never short of an opinion, mostly entertaining. Good man, will be sorely missed.

The current (as in now) post deletion thing is getting a little confusing tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

So sorry for Gerry's family and close friends and his working colleague's in RTE.
    you will be sadly missed by all...R.I.P Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

RIP Gerry Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

An Irish hero, everyone knows his name.
    Ryan Confidential was great.
    Wonder what Tubs will do tonight.

RIP Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

Brilliant Broadcaster.

R.I.P. Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Holy smokes only after seeing this just now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 josephgriffin

today i feel i lost a friend, every day i would have the radio on, jerry was the only one i would listen to for hours on end
    he made me laugh, spoke of everyday things, helped alot of people
    i know he never knew or met me, but i feel as if i had met him and would call him a friend, as every day his voice could be heard in my kitchen,
    also it is many a long journey i have travelled alone in car, and was never alone with jerry on
    i feel very saddened and downhearted today with this news
    and the fact i will not enjoy another day of radio listning
    there was no other
    i hope he is happy where ever he is
    god bless
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I always listened to him from 9 to 12. Its still sinking in, its like a family member has died.

The king of talk radio is gone.

RIP Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CrackerXYZ

I've been under a rock all afternoon and only just heard now - RIP Gerry, i'll miss your company during the drive to work x

I loved his voice and his character. No one will be able to fill his shoes.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

What a shock. I was a fan of the show he really got me through the working day.
    I liked the humour and undercurrent of pisstaking that he would bring to even the most mundane topics. I honestly am dreading going to work and not having the show to listen to. Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I loved listening to Gerry, he was a broadcasting genius and I'm sad to hear of his passing, my heart goes out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

RIP Gerry ; Great broadcaster and real man of the people. Xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I remember as a kid staying in my aunties house, and waking up in the mornings the smell of coffee & toast in the morning and the sound of Gerry in the background talking to this person from Cork. Never forget his voice!

RIP Gerry Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

CrackerXYZ, posts removed.
    It leads to speculation of the cause of his death.

Offical cause hasn't been released yet.

Please don't repost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alphanumeric

Colm and Jim-Jim were joking with Fiona Looney this morning saying that she was covering because Gerry was dead. Little did they know that it would happen 3/4 hours later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Feel sorry for his family alright but jesus, the way some people are talking here, you'd swear he was your best friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

R.I.P. Gerry Ryan

Love him or hate him he was very good at what he did (apart from presenting Eurovisions) and will be missed by a lot of people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement