Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Sunday 23'rd
    7 miles very easy today in amazing weather, Think there is zero wind out there at the moment and parts of the park were so so warm.

35 miles for the week which has been really easy, So 6-8 week of this type of mileage should have me good shape...

This week has been a bit crap for running really, work was up the walls and had a funeral another day but the week so far has been .

3 X 5 mile easy runs...
    1 x 6 mile AM run (i dont like running at 6 am).

Monday 31st

5 miles nice and easy, legs a little tired today. Last weeks miles were just under 35 again which seems to be very easy base miles...Willbe getting the longrunup over the next few week.

Nice foram roller and stretching session tonight..need to do this every day.

1st June

5 easy miles again, good thing is the easy miles are actually starting to feel easy. Really wanted to do more today it was one of those runs that you feel like going on and on..

2nd June
    Todays plan was for a asy tempo session, all my running has been easy and will be untill i can get around 12 +mile training runs. But felt like something a little harder .

Plan was 1 mile warm up 2 miles faster 1 mile warm down.

was luck to meet up with a few heads from work at the start of the faster stuff so was able to chat away (pace was about 8:05 pace) could have kept going for another couple of miles but stuck to plan.

Very happy with todays run really unfit at the moment and running crap but havent enjoy a period of training like this in a long time.. running rocks..

PM.
    Core work and foam roller sessin calf/Hamstrings.

• Advertisement

Thurday 3rd June.
    Rest day today but going up the walls now but not going to run. Spent most of the morning in Santy @ the Dublin primary schools meet. Really well run event and could have a spinter in family now...

Friday 4th June.

5 miles very easy today. Took this realy handy long(ish) run due tomorrow will see how that goes.

Sat 5th June
    9 miles easy today, could have gone on for 10,11,12 miles but kept it at nine. Pace was very slow for the first 3 miles then felt great after that.

Didnt get out to run today :( a few things came up so only got 45 mins on the bike done. 30 miles for the week but happy enough with that. Starting to feel good again and zero pain now from the leg but still using the roller each night.

Monday 8th June

6 miles easy today in the rain, only 3-4 other runners in the park this evening was actually really nice in the rain. Pace was ok had a bit of a blip in the mid section and pace got a bit too fast but slowed back down. Legs are starting to feel good, its nice when 6 mile runs become easy again.

• Advertisement

Tuesday 8th June
    Rest day. On 2 rest days this week as its an easy week. Working with 2:1 at the moment and not 3:1 to see how the body find it.

Wed 9th June
    5 miles easy, was a bit of a mental run, ran with a lad from work and went on a new route. Just happend there were a couple of walls to be jumped enroute. Won't be running this route again.

Thursday 10 th June

5 miles . 4 miles very easy and 1 mile paced run plan was to hit 7:50 pace, finished with 7:52 so happy enough.
    Legs felt a little tired today to start but really enjoyed this run. Things are starting to look up....

Not too sure what to do tomorrow there is a 5k race/run in work so expected to run that but planning on an easy 5 miles before my long runs on Sat. Might just have to find a way or doing the run and not racing but i'm not surei like the idea of letting people beat me...

Friday 11th June

5.2 miles .. race sort of.

Well got talked into doing a small 5k with work, Was planning on running int he park at the same time so would have lookedbad ifi didnt run. so paln was to justjog around as I didnt think my legs would hold up to it. Race started and tookit very easy for first 100 m but noticed that the pace was slow at the font, started to move throug the field a little toofast and was moving fairly well , went through mile 1 in 6:30 pace way way too fast but felt ok, calf started to feel a bit tight ( not the injured calf)around the 2 mile mark in jsut over 14 mins so called it a day then as i dont want to end up injured. Finished in around 23 mins and addedan extra2 miles on at the end.

Shouldnt have done this today and happy to beinjury free after, Think I maybe a little fitter then Ithough ,so head down for the next few week and will not race until the mid summer 5k.

Sat 12th June
    3 miles easy. Legs felt very very tired today so kepts it really easy,Thouhg about taking the day off but better doing an easy 3 then just sitting at home.

Monday 14th June

6.5 miles easy in the park. Nice day for it today.

Tue 15th June
    Super easy 5 miles today. Legs have been a little tired the last 2 days so just got around 5 milles really slow.

Just looking back over my logs evening and the last 4 week has been my best period of running in close to 7-8 months. Im really thinking of justkeeping easy running going for as long as possible,i'd rather run slow for 12 months of the year then set pb's for 3 months and get injured.

Once I get regular 15 mile runs in the bank I may change my thinking.....But starting to think about the XC season now after the half mara.

But knowing my luck I'll prob post tomorrow that I've picked up an injury again...

Wed 16th June.
    Rest day today, had the gear in the car but managed to make it home without going for a run . Showers are back in action so the lunch time runs get easier, have been sneeking into a camp graound the last few weeks.

Thursday 17th June
    5 miles total.

1 mile easy
    1 mile hard (7:30 )
    1 mile easy
    1 mile hard (7:37)
    1 mile easy.

Really enjoyed today run, body felt a bit strange on the first of the faster miles but grew into the run, second faster mile was mostly up hill but felt very good. Will build this session up slowly over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Friday 18th June
    5 mile very easy.

Sat 19th June
    10 miles @ just over 9 min pace felt very good today. Happywith the pace as i've been running a lot slower on my longish runs to date.
    Just happy to be back in double digit runs now :)

Sunday 2oth June

5 mile recovery run today, very easy miles in the sun, Really nice run and felt like doing a couple extra but kept itto 5. Nice to finish a good week feeling good.

36.5 miles for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

shels4ever wrote: »
    Sunday 2oth June

5 mile recovery run today, very easy miles in the sun, Really nice run and felt like doing a couple extra but kept itto 5. Nice to finish a good week feeling good.

36.5 miles for the week.

Great stuff Shels. Itching to get back now myself. Have to be patient though. July is the come back ;)

stmochtas wrote: »
    Great stuff Shels. Itching to get back now myself. Have to be patient though. July is the come back ;)

Thanks, hope to see you back running soon.I think the key for me is to lots of easy running and when I think i'm fit to race don't and do another month easy running. Would love to get back racing but going to keep ticking over for a few week.

Monday 12st June
    4.5 miles @8;30 pace. Felt good until about 4 miles legs a little stiff so finished up at 4.5.

Tuesday 22 June.
    7 miles very easy today. Didnt care about pace on todays run just wanted to get around. After feeling very tired yesterday I expected to feel tired. But after a mile felt great kept the pace really slow. Met a couple of people from work out for a speed work session so did the warm up with them, then started back to the car. Was shocked to see I'd already covered 7 miles so stopped and walked almost a mile back to the car as I didnt want to do more then 7 miles.
    Great day for running....

Wed 23rd June.
    Rest day today. I though this would be a much needed rest day but legs are feleing good, tried but a good tired if you know what I mean.
    Didn't bring the gear to work today so will just get out for a walk at lunch today.

Thursday 24th June.
    Today was just an easy tempo session,not fitenough to do any longtemp runs but but building it up over the next few weeks.

Plan was 6 miles with 2 miles @ 7:40 pace

1 mile warm up
    1 mile @ 7:41
    1 mile easy
    1 mile @ 7:43
    2 mile easy warm down.

Felt tired to start but actually felt the faster miles easier then the slower miles. All was on grass with some hill on easy mile. Wonder what it would equate to on raod..

Feeling very good this week legs are tired at the moment but its a good feeling and not pain :)

Will add an extra mile next week then go 2:1 2:2 3:1 and so on . Plan to get a 7-8 mile tempoby summers end.

Easy week.
    Felt my calf very tight on a run on Monday so kept this week really easy, no tempo and no runs faster then 9 min mile pace, total miles for the week just 30 about 3 miles short of target but it is an easy week.

• Advertisement

Monday 5th July

6 miles easy in the park didnt feel good at all today legs and body seemed a little disconnected. Was happy to get this run done.

Advertisement