Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Of Conan revisited :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Is it true that once you reach max level, you get to create a charchter who is automatically max leveled?

No.

At level 50 you can create any character which will also be level 50. You have lots of character slots too which is cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone thinking of rolling a new character might want to wait till the expansion is rolled out [which is today]
    Theres a brand new race Khetai i think they are called.
    I heard there is a brand new starting zone for the new race or so i told but im not sure if its true.

Anyone got or getting the expansion?
    Ill probably buy it today and dload it overnight tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of rolling a new character might want to wait till the expansion is rolled out [which is today]
    Theres a brand new race Khetai i think they are called.
    I heard there is a brand new starting zone for the new race or so i told but im not sure if its true.

Anyone got or getting the expansion?
    Ill probably buy it today and dload it overnight tonight.
    Once i get my Assassin to lvl50, will i be able to roll a lvl50 Khetai? As for the expansion, i'll wait till i get to a higher level. I'm assuming its mostly new content geared towards lvl80's?

Kiith wrote: »
    Once i get my Assassin to lvl50, will i be able to roll a lvl50 Khetai? As for the expansion, i'll wait till i get to a higher level. I'm assuming its mostly new content geared towards lvl80's?

Yes you can roll a lvl 50 of the new race once you have a lvl 50 on your account.
    There is a lvl 20-40 zone included with the expansion afaik.

Also you can start with your alternative advancement @ lvl 20

Theres a nice articles explaining what the alternative advancement is here
    http://www.massively.com/2010/05/03/rise-of-the-godslayer-the-gateway-to-khitai-and-alternate-advan/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'm looking to buy the game and the expansion together in digital download form but I cant find anywhere to do it. Anyone know where i can

• Advertisement

Hmm, that sounds pretty good. Plus, i'm lvl28, so i could enjoy those new area's. Definitely consider picking this up later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well I dont think the boxed expansion is out yet, checked 2 HMV's, 3 Gamestops and 2 GAME stores today and zilch. Must be only download release today, boxed release on friday.

Cant find any combined download bundles, you could gbe best off waiting for the box (less downloading too).

It's €22 on G2Play. Gonna pick it up in the next few days. You can pick up the standard game for €10 in HMV.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Age-of-Conan-Rise-of-the-Godslayer-EU-CD-Key.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Are we ever goina get to play the expansion!? Came home from work today after downloading the expansion overnight and its down for another 6 hours :mad:

Have the servers come back up at all since the expansion was deployed? Kind of glad i havent been able to play the last few days, as there's nothing worse then sitting around waiting for servers to come back up.

• Advertisement

Yeah they came back online lastnight and been rock solid ever since.

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=149283

Ya they came on around ten. Feckin waitin around for ages!! Lookin forward to exploring the new areas today tho.

only on a half hour and tried to go through the gates at the great wall and. . . .crash. I really hope this isnt goina be the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Do they still have a culture pvp server ? i played on that server and it was way more fun than the free for all pvp one's. you could only attack people from anothe culture so it made questing in other zone's very exciting.

As much as i liked the game even with its bug's etc the only reason i left was the Draconian forum moderator's.

Just bought the expansion there. Downloading atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Picked up the expansion/main game bundle in Gamestop for €25, now the long drawn out install.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Do you have to buy the game before trying to the free level 20 experience?

I'm a pretty big wow player and this game always intrigued me, but atfer you lot made me waste 50 euro on Aion, I'm always skeptical

Is there anyway to rock this free, or do I have to buy the actual game first?

as far as i know there is no free trial r ne thing but i could be wrong.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Do you have to buy the game before trying to the free level 20 experience?

I'm a pretty big wow player and this game always intrigued me, but atfer you lot made me waste 50 euro on Aion, I'm always skeptical

Is there anyway to rock this free, or do I have to buy the actual game first?
    I can send you on a 7 day trial if you want it. Just PM me your email address.

Having also wasted €50 on Aion, i can say that this is a far better game. Feels much less grindy, at least at earlier levels. Cant say for sure past lvl30 though (but you do get offline levels, which helps).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Kiith wrote: »
    Having also wasted €50 on Aion, i can say that this is a far better game. Feels much less grindy, at least at earlier levels. Cant say for sure past lvl30 though (but you do get offline levels, which helps).

Later levels are much the same, still cruising along nicely at lvl 56, hope it stays like this to 80:D Being guaranteed at least one level every 4 days is a pretty decent idea, keeps people from getting stuck if theres a gap in quest content.

• Advertisement

Hit 80 lastnight and didnt find much of a grind at all, tonnes of quests.
    Loving the game now, its a hundred times better than Aion.

is there an alternative to tortage now ?

is there a scroll of resurrection type thing anyone can send ?

We can send a Recruit a Friend, but i dont think that will work on old account. Level1-20 is very quick though, in case you didnt have any high level characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Anyone had any lag problems the last few days? Worked perfectly yesterday and thursday, but today I can barely get past the login screen, then 5k ping if i manage to get in. I left originally because of these problems and was hoping they'd fixed all the server-side bull****:D

Anyone had any lag problems the last few days? Worked perfectly yesterday and thursday, but today I can barely get past the login screen, then 5k ping if i manage to get in. I left originally because of these problems and was hoping they'd fixed all the server-side bull****:D

I had no issues whatsoever before the expansion, but have experienced a dair bit of lag since then. Havent really played much (got hooked on Mass Effect 2 again), but this will calm down over the next few days. It is their 1st expansion afterall.

Ya Ive had a few lagging issues too but nothin like you describe. No problems loggin in or anything. Still crashing every once in a while tho.

Poor performance in the new zones aswell as a bit laggy [only in the new zones] but to be expected with a new expansion.

For anyone still unsure about resubbing heres a good article
    http://www.massively.com/2010/05/16/age-of-conan-anniversary-retrospective/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

I started playing on a trial account over the weekend and I'm liking it so far. The combos add something different to combat. Moving up the levels nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I played this at launch and came back to it last week. I can't believe this is the same game! If they game was released in this condition it would have overtaken WOW.

Anyways, really enjoying it=]

Advertisement