Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Of Conan revisited :)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cant comment on the class balancing im afraid, im not back playing long enough.
    What server are you lads rolling on?
    Also its worth mentioning the free levels they are giving now, every 4 days your subscribed you get a free lvl per account, not per character plus its only an option on characters above lvl 30.
    Also once you have a lvl 50 character you get a once off chance to create a new lvl 50 character.
    Its only a once off so choose carfully.

Check out this vid lads if you havent seen already.
    Takes them a couple of mins to get going but some good info on the expansion.
    Check out them tiger mounts :D
    http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_tnss/

hmm seems the vid is gone from there, keep an eye on this thread about it, they might put up another link http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=147691&page=5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've just resubbed there too. Got the game at launch but was extremely annoyed with the mess they made of the launch and the frankly blatant lies on the back of the box, and have never got beyond the Tortage stage. I'm hearing nothing but good things now two years later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Installing now, anybody know where i can download the patches out of client so i can skim some time off this whole process? :D

Dcully wrote: »
    Also once you have a lvl 50 character you get a once off chance to create a new lvl 50 character.

How do i access that function? whats the flavour of the month class ? :P

Is it still that lightning caster healer??? i might make a ranger

nix wrote: »
    How do i access that function? whats the flavour of the month class ? :P

Is it still that lightning caster healer??? i might make a ranger

Just create another character and it gives you the once off option to start at lvl 50 or at lvl.
    I chose a conquerer for my lvl 50 ,DPS as dual wield and the carnage tree is insane.
    I have a lvl 60 Priest of Mitra too but find it boring tbh as there doesnt seem to be any combos ,maybe at 80 its different.
    I rolled a Bear Shaman too and finding him good fun,nice to be a healer and actually getting to enjoy the combat system too,with the POM its just stand back and heal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Just joined the Dawnsong guild on Crom there myself. Playing lvl 21 guardian going by name Enasha.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

I was a Dark Templar and then reaslised it was supposed to be the worst character to choose(rolls eyes) ,was so pissed and just left the game after many hours playing.

Didnt bother replaying after first facelift funcom did.
    Has the game still got the numbers playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

DTs are currently the best tank and decent dps. Decent population playing but kinda sparse leveling up for dungeon runs at low levels.

Played for a very short while earlier, pvp servers are cruel

And whats up with Barbs? they seem to take no damage :(

oh man im such a noob :(

Venom wrote: »
    DTs are currently the best tank and decent dps. Decent population playing but kinda sparse leveling up for dungeon runs at low levels.

Did the DT get an overhaul of any kind?
    Thanks for the info , had just been trolling the aoc forums
    Seems like alot of people have reactivated there aoc accounts.

"Argh" - dont know what to do, stay away / go back.....:confused:
    *bits nails*
    you'd swear i was buying a house or sumthing ,rofl.:D

• Advertisement

Did the DT get an overhaul of any kind?
    Thanks for the info , had just been trolling the aoc forums
    Seems like alot of people have reactivated there aoc accounts.

"Argh" - dont know what to do, stay away / go back.....:confused:
    *bits nails*
    you'd swear i was buying a house or sumthing ,rofl.:D

I think every class got a good overhaul tbh. I guess with the new expansion coming out this month alot of people are hitting up the game again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I rolled an Assassin on Crom last night. Will play again some more today, and will either stick with the Assassin or go for a magic user, probably Demonogist or Necromancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I downloaded this to give it a try and see how it's changed. It's a hell of an improvement. But I've noticed outrageous lag which is a pin in the hole.

I tried a necromancer (I never really go for magic users in MMO's) and he's not bad to use. It's like having your own group with you at all times.

Ive had absolutely no lag at all mate.

Im playing a Conquerer atm,name is Cully on Crom server.

Got to lvl14 today, and i agree that it has hugely improved. The combat is actually good fun, and im really enjoying it.

Names Kiith btw. (on Crom as well)

Ill add you tomorrow Kiith.
    I joined a nice guild, dark knights of death.
    Seem to be very nice people and more a social raiding guild than anything serious which is grand.
    Vent,webbie,city etc.
    Playing on some low lvl chars theres tonnes of people around in all the zones.
    Seems to be a hell of a lot of returning players.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They've started some offline levelling thingey where you gain a level every day (or something similar) which you can then distribute among your +30 characters or just ignore...handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Going to try this out, hopefully it'll keep me entertained until Diablo III arrives. Are there any X-day free trials?

Expansion launch trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-launch-aoc-rise-of/65184

and if people havent seen this expansion presentation video its certainly worth a look

http://www.tentonhammer.com/events/gdc2010/rotg

Expansion launch trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-launch-aoc-rise-of/65184

and if people havent seen this expansion presentation video its certainly worth a look

http://www.tentonhammer.com/events/gdc2010/rotg

The expansion is pretty sweet indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I joined a nice guild, dark knights of death.
    Seem to be very nice people a

only on a gaming forum could people not find that sentence hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Bought the game at launch and literally tore my hair out at the bugs/lack of content in the game!
    Cancelled sub two weeks in after my character fell through some stairs and was stuck! Haven't played since.
    Alas I'm now downloading the patches and hope I can enter the game with a trial account, will give it another go, may see you lads out there. :cool:

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Bought the game at launch and literally tore my hair out at the bugs/lack of content in the game!
    Cancelled sub two weeks in after my character fell through some stairs and was stuck! Haven't played since.

Exactly the experience i had, trust me its a vastly different experience now.

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Alas I'm now downloading the patches and hope I can enter the game with a trial account, will give it another go, may see you lads out there. :cool:

Just remember if you use the same character you will have a load of vet points to use in-game at a vendor to buy stuff like riding skills and a horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chronus

Hey nice to know all this stuff. I downloaded the game like 6 months ago and created a trial account. I was amazed by the tortage city experience. I really liked the game but then again i saw little people online and felt it was kinda empty. So i decided to do some research on the game and what i read wasn't really good. So due to a series of bad opinions and reviews i decided to never actually buy the game. Nevertheless i never actually forgot about it, mostly because i was still in the hope of getting an xbox version, but reading all this i'm deffinetly going to give it a shot.

Thanks for the good info

Venom wrote: »
    Just remember if you use the same character you will have a load of vet points to use in-game at a vendor to buy stuff like riding skills and a horse.

Where is this vendor? i think my conq had like nearly 30 points, is that alot or crap ?

nix wrote: »
    Where is this vendor? i think my conq had like nearly 30 points, is that alot or crap ?

Its alot. The vendors are around the auction houses in the major cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Hmm havn't touched this game since launch.

After Tortage i found the game pretty dull. Especially didn't like how the npc's dont have voice overs anymore, kinda ruined the athmosphere i thought.

The game kinda turned into just another leveling game for me after Tortage. Really cant be bothered spending hours in some corner killing the same mops over and over again.

If they have another free week event i might just give it another go after reading all these comments though.

I was a lvl 40 Barbarian Reaver i think. The only real time i had fun was when I once i spent all my cash buying all the gems on the market for a full week. Nobody could buy gems at all. I bought everysingle one. Then the next week i put them all back up at extortionate prices. Damn that was fun.

If i re install the game will i get a free ,say week trial or will i have to resubb my account?;)

• Advertisement

If i re install the game will i get a free ,say week trial or will i have to resubb my account?;)
    You'll have to pay to resub. It's worth it though. I got to lvl20 the other day, and its great fun. Tortage is really well done, and its fairly different depending on your class (something i only just realised after doing it as an Assassin). Havent been able to play much over the last few days, but will hopefully get some time in over the next week.

Advertisement