Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Of Conan revisited :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Just re-installed it again and resubed for 3months after reading this thread as remembered I really like the game other than the glitchs. I could never get into wow unlike this. Just have to upgrade my pc as after selling most my old one am left with a 5870 with the rest of the pc being crap so would be a waste to play until get another i7 rig. Will use this as an excuse to get my new machine finished :).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ah the game is great now,its quite honestly years since i enjoyed an MMO so much.
    I got some dungeon runs in over the weekend with both my 61 priest of mitra and 65 conquerer and it really was great fun.
    The community seems to be very much made up of mature gamers.
    Graphically the game is fantastic looking now i have a rig up to running it at high settings and at a nice high resolution.
    While personally i cant comment on end game raiding etc according to the guild i joined and watching LFG and Global channels there seems to be a huge amount of end game raiding with different Tiers etc.
    With the expansion coming on the 11th of this month it can only get better.
    The official forums are full of threads from returning players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chronus

so since i only played tortage and it was kinda empty at the time, i as wondering if you guys could explain to me how the pvp system works...

I mean, is it open pvp outside cities? Can you duel? Can you kill anybody (and then probably become red)? how's the life of a red (regarding cities, places to live, etc, and how do you decrease your "karma" (become blue again))?

pretty much any info on that is appreciated. I'm considering buying a new computer just for this game, so i'd like to know more about it if possible... thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

sionnach wrote: »
    Going to try this out, hopefully it'll keep me entertained until Diablo III arrives. Are there any X-day free trials?

You can get indefinite free play within tortage which is the starting area, so LVL 20, same restrictions as with WOW free play, no mail, trade chat, Guild.

Im doing this before resubbing to see what changes have been made.

You can get indefinite free play within tortage which is the starting area, so LVL 20, same restrictions as with WOW free play, no mail, trade chat, Guild.

Im doing this before resubbing to see what changes have been made.

While this is a decent way to sample things the game really only starts after tortage imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    While this is a decent way to sample things the game really only starts after tortage imo.

Really? Thats good to know, as i was worried that Tortage would be the better part of the game. And as i really enjoyed Tortage, things are looking up.

Shame i have zero time to play atm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

Kiith wrote: »
    Really? Thats good to know, as i was worried that Tortage would be the better part of the game. And as i really enjoyed Tortage, things are looking up.

Shame i have zero time to play atm :(

hehehe well the world has just turned for you ,well ,when you get the time.
    Such wonders await you . Tortage is that pebble dropped in the lake.

Looks like ill be selling my soul to the devil - one resub coming up.
    Cully man you should go into sales -hehehehe

IM SOLD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ah to be honest the lack of voice acting when you leave tortage is a bit of a shock..i thought it was a bug at first :o

Bambi wrote: »
    ah to be honest the lack of voice acting when you leave tortage is a bit of a shock..i thought it was a bug at first :o

Some of the main quests still have voice acting but in fairness i dont miss it as its an mmo after all.
    Playing the likes of Dragon Age Origins i wanted to [and have done] skip a lot of the chat.

Some of the main quests still have voice acting but in fairness i dont miss it as its an mmo after all.
    Playing the likes of Dragon Age Origins i wanted to [and have done] skip a lot of the chat.

I know, but AOC is the only MMORPG I tried so there ya go, one thing i find is without voice i tend to just nextnextnext through the conversations sometimes and miss out on the odd details :(

Actually i might as well be just playing an RPG ..i just solo on a PVE server..dont interact at with any other players at all

• Advertisement

Chronus wrote: »
    so since i only played tortage and it was kinda empty at the time, i as wondering if you guys could explain to me how the pvp system works...

I mean, is it open pvp outside cities? Can you duel? Can you kill anybody (and then probably become red)? how's the life of a red (regarding cities, places to live, etc, and how do you decrease your "karma" (become blue again))?

pretty much any info on that is appreciated. I'm considering buying a new computer just for this game, so i'd like to know more about it if possible... thanks in advance!

Questions remains if someone would be kind enough answer them ;)

Questions remains if someone would be kind enough answer them ;)

Yes its open pvp on the pvp servers.
    Not sure about the red and blue you speak of.

Personally i prefer pve servers, i can quest without hassle and there planty of pvp to be had if you look for it or join the mini pvp games.

Yes its open pvp on the pvp servers.
    Not sure about the red and blue you speak of.

Personally i prefer pve servers, i can quest without hassle and there planty of pvp to be had if you look for it or join the mini pvp games.

I see, seems fun. Everyone is speaking so well of it i might give it a shot again. GOnna have to go buy a new computer tho :P

thanks a lot for the answer Dcully :D

I see, seems fun. Everyone is speaking so well of it i might give it a shot again. GOnna have to go buy a new computer tho :P

thanks a lot for the answer Dcully :D

No problem, glad to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Paid for my first month, absolutely loving it so far, the combo system really gets you much more involved than the usual point and click. Been playing for two days now and I'm running around with a nice lvl 30 conqueror on Crom, char name "Smitewell". So, so many quests in the early game I've had to abandon loads.

Accidentally joined a guild when a request to join popped up in the middle of a tense battle and I frantically button bashed to make the strange notice go away. I might as well stay in it for a while till I figure out what the hell I'm doing >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

And after that last session it's past 4am without me realising it. Yes, this game is good ¬_¬

I got a few hours in last night, and still really enjoying it. I'm flying through quests, and the combat is really enjoyable. Its great to just barely survive against a few enemies, and then hope to god you dont pull anymore while your recovering. Getting more multiple-combo's now as well, so its much more involving.

One question about combo's though. Say the combo is 'Up-Right' (key presses), does it do more damage to the front or the right side of an enemy? Assuming his defences are evenly spread out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Are you guys playing mostly on crom or fury server?

nix wrote: »
    Are you guys playing mostly on crom or fury server?

Im on crom with my Conquerer and Priest of Mitra.
    Lets get more boardsies on and cough cough** make a guild maybe :P

Im on crom with my Conquerer and Priest of Mitra.
    Lets get more boardsies on and cough cough** make a guild maybe :P
    Thats it, i'm unsubscribing right now :P

Seriously though, i'd be happy to join a guild, but we should just join one of the already existing ones. I want a T3 city to defend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I'm on the fury server with a lvl 57 rogue. Use the name Deceitful. Will be on this quiet a bit when finished college in the next few weeks. Summer of lazyness :D. Went on the game and with 1920*1200 fps is between 13-40 in places :( have a 5870 but really need my i7 back rather than a crappy 6400 with 2gb ram :P. If anyone is setting up an irish guild or joining an established one on fury can let me know.

Edit: A quick overclock to 3ghz and min fps is now 28fps. Much better now :D

Downloading patch now ,jeebus 2.47 gigs and counting :)

Must be a whole lot of lovin in that patch.
    Might as well put some cash on the 3v and resub and pre-order expansion pack.

Yeh a guild sounds like a good plan.:D

Ingame name is Lordtyrannus (DT)

Dont mind joining an established guild, the only thing is i can see problems of us all getting into the same guild.
    Making our own boards one would sort that out.
    It might actually be fun making our own city etc.

Feck it ill make a thread to see if anyone is interested.

Dont mind joining an established guild, the only thing is i can see problems of us all getting into the same guild.
    Making our own boards one would sort that out.
    It might actually be fun making our own city etc.

Feck it ill make a thread to see if anyone is interested.

No Harm in checking out the numbers who are interested.
    And go from there!!

Well first impressions was wow
    Am just after playing 20mins and im liking what ive seen.
    Getting alot of drop in FPS but didnt really play with settings as of yet.
    Last time was running DX9 and today DX10 and graphics are impressive.
    Again i havnt seen alot yet.One month 15 euro - not a whole lot just to give it a go again if people are interested.

I didnt think i would ever see AOC again but hopefully when i get use to the ropes ,its going to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

You're all mostly on Crom.

I'm on Aquilonia (RPPVP).

You're all carebears!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

After reading all this im thinking of starting playing, is there any obviously underpowered class that i should avoid?

Gaunty wrote: »
    After reading all this im thinking of starting playing, is there any obviously underpowered class that i should avoid?

The herald of xotli is (was?) notoriously underpowered in the first 10 levels..dunno if they fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Is it true that once you reach max level, you get to create a charchter who is automatically max leveled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I was going to go install lotro with the free week promo thing, but after doing the silly thing and reading this entire thread I now find myself resub'ing AOC..... thanks! :P

Advertisement