Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Of Conan revisited :)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Damn you people!!

Re-installing and resubbing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I have it installing now hmm a few years of update's to catch up on doh
    got into starcraft 2 beta aswell and red deads out soon so i will see if re sub cant be bothered to go back to wow again. I got a lvl 50 guardian or some type of tank with a hoursie sitting around some where waiting on me to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I do feel an urge to play this

I think ill find myself with a pretty boring 2-3 weeks when my job here finishes, and I'm pretty much just playing alts on wow, and doing icc10man twice a week.

Might be interesting to have a change, but I jsut feel I might not be able to manage two mmo's, and once cataclysm drops ill be gone.

Severely tempted by this though, and for the first time something that genuinely makes me want to stop playing wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I've got a lvl 60 now and just wondering where would i start off questing in the game. Aint played in two years so cant remember where to quest. I havent bought the expansion yet, want to get back into the game first so hoping some decent places to lvl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So got this on Friday, played for a few hours and...meh. While the game has some nice features (offline levelling, the skill points system) it is just cut and paste MMO for the most part.

Grated I only reached level 7 but if I am bored of the game by now its probably not a good indicator of future playtime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

deceit wrote: »
    I've got a lvl 60 now and just wondering where would i start off questing in the game. Aint played in two years so cant remember where to quest. I havent bought the expansion yet, want to get back into the game first so hoping some decent places to lvl.

Yimrs pass,Atzels approach and Thunder river.

I do feel an urge to play this

I think ill find myself with a pretty boring 2-3 weeks when my job here finishes, and I'm pretty much just playing alts on wow, and doing icc10man twice a week.

Might be interesting to have a change, but I jsut feel I might not be able to manage two mmo's, and once cataclysm drops ill be gone.

Severely tempted by this though, and for the first time something that genuinely makes me want to stop playing wow./QUOTE]

Im a self confessed wow addict but i have to say im enjoying AOC a lot more than i ever did wow so much so i doubt ill be getting cataclysm at all.
    Maybe over time ill grow tired of AOC but for now its thoroughly enjoyable.
    Everything is just more enjoyable for me , everything from the quests,mature community,the best combat system in any mmo,the best visuals in any mmo,raids,atmosphere,gaming world.
    In AOC unlike every MMO ive played i actually feel like im controlling my character and not just hitting graphic icons onscreen.

The game showed massive potential upon release and we all know it lacked content and was full of bugs,now theres simply loads of content and few bugs.
    True the expansion suffers from performance and some lag issues but hopefully they can address this soon.

So got this on Friday, played for a few hours and...meh. While the game has some nice features (offline levelling, the skill points system) it is just cut and paste MMO for the most part.

Grated I only reached level 7 but if I am bored of the game by now its probably not a good indicator of future playtime./QUOTE]

LOL mate you havent even scratched the surface,try out more classes and get past lvl 20 asap before you give up on it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the original seems to be going for peanuts with a 30 day trial and free play up to level 20 or something.

Might give it a lash and see if its any use.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its only €10 in HMV on Grafton Street if anyone is interested. At least it was about a week ago.

Sitting here gawping at the account page thinking of resubbing,
    I think il start again from lvl on furry, but should i buy the xpack does it add any low lvl - mid lvl stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

You can make a Khaitan character (asian style) and there is a level 20-40 zone after Tortage. Plus ya can start the Alternate Advancement at 20 I thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im having great fun with it.

I remembered what put me off it before, I was a DT and on release they had daily patches due to the extent of the bugs and everyday the DT got nerfed even though it was the most underpowered class, I could barely solo something my own level. So i ended up saying "f*** this"

Im getting crashes though, where the game crashes when I exit the game. doesnt sound too bad but when I start up again it was to go through this whole verifying database thing that takes 5-10mins, rather annoying...

Krieg wrote: »

I remembered what put me off it before, I was a DT and on release they had daily patches due to the extent of the bugs and everyday the DT got nerfed even though it was the most underpowered class, I could barely solo something my own level. So i ended up saying "f*** this"

Im getting crashes though, where the game crashes when I exit the game. doesnt sound too bad but when I start up again it was to go through this whole verifying database thing that takes 5-10mins, rather annoying...

yea i had a dt i dont know what lvl he was tho i had a few 20-30 range guys but i remember i got an email saying they were deleting my characters i wonder if they are still there hmm

does anyone know what the story is if i had characters a server thats not there anymore i had a lvl 50 on the culture pvp server but that appears to be gone now :confused:

just saw this on ign http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/109/1091259p1.html
    sounds kinda buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

They merged some servers, so some of your toons will prob be on a diff server and possibley have a different name.

They deleted characters during a clean up of their datatbase, they only deleted characters below the level of 20, anything higher remained untouched.

Any problems give them an email, their customer support is the best ive seen when it comes to MMO's.

Krieg wrote: »

Ignore when it asks you to verify, just play the game.

I must agree about their customer support,i found it shockingly good compared to other games.

downloading and installed the xpack got it up n running all my characters are on furry weee. But most of them have 82582459823u9 etc after there name :eek:

also i havent a clue what im to in it now i logged in on my lvl 51 guardian to get kited by a lvl 20 ranger was rather embarrassing lol.

Its crashed my computer 5 time's if i try to start it up full screen i keep getting asertion failed and i have force a reboot on my pc anyone else have this problem think its to do with my 8800 gtx hmm

lookin forward to getting back into it seemed to run smoother alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 28 WhollyChao

Lone Stone wrote: »
    downloading and installed the xpack got it up n running all my characters are on furry weee. But most of them have 82582459823u9 etc after there name :eek:

also i havent a clue what im to in it now i logged in on my lvl 51 guardian to get kited by a lvl 20 ranger was rather embarrassing lol.

Its crashed my computer 5 time's if i try to start it up full screen i keep getting asertion failed and i have force a reboot on my pc anyone else have this problem think its to do with my 8800 gtx hmm

lookin forward to getting back into it seemed to run smoother alrite

If you contact a GM ingame you should be able to change your character's name fairly easilly (as long as the name you pick is available). They probably have numbers after the names now due to the server merges and the name being taken.

I would suggest parking all your chars in a city and having a good look at their builds/feats before trying to go out and quest straight away. Most classes have been changed around a lot in the past 6 months and some will have had their feats reset. Have a good look at builds on the Yellow Gremlin aoc site and try a few out until you find one that suits your playstyle.

Haven't a clue what to suggest re: your crashing issue but best of luck with it and have fun with the expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Going to start playing again. I have a lvl 80 barbarian on Fury but is everyone playing on Crom now? Going to start from the begining as I'vd forgotten how to play. Thinking of rolling a DT

Well i started this thread but i must say i got bored pretty fast after.
    Yes they improved the game but its lacking massively in the content department imo.
    The expansion is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 WhollyChao

Dcully wrote: »
    Well i started this thread but i must say i got bored pretty fast after.
    Yes they improved the game but its lacking massively in the content department imo.
    The expansion is a joke.

How so, in your opinion, is the expansion a joke?

I played AoC from launch but have taken a break from it for the past 5 months mainly just because I had achieved everything I wanted from the game at that stage - all that was left to do was level up alts (which I didn't get too into due to having level 80's in my favourite classes already), doing recipe runs, farming resources, PvP (which, even on Crom, became a joke due to the minigames being camped by the larger guilds with premades full of the most OP class of the month etc.) and last but not least raiding.

I really enjoyed raiding on AoC mainly because I had a good guild to rely on for sound tactics and a good sense of humour, but after a long time playing I decided to give it a break until the expansion was released (and patched a few times until it was playable, heh).

How so, in your opinion, is the expansion a joke?

Its nothing more than a grindfest, the performance is easily the worst ive played in any game or indeed mmo.
    The official forums were full of similar complaints the last i looked.
    I found it to be repeatable quests to gain rep for factions etc etc,a few dungeons thrown in with basic tank and spank bosses zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
Advertisement