Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football NCAA 2010 Season rankings, games/play action, calls, players, rants

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

One of my buddies sent this earlier very funny released by Ducks fans pre their game with Stanford tonight. Very funny and catchy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Stanford tearing Oregon apart here. 21-3 and its only the end of the first quarter. Peeps keep sleeping on my boys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Richardson and Ingram... not half bad eh?

Well, thats how you get back into a game. Oregon grab a TD, onside kick, then another TD. What a game.

Christ, 28-24 and its not even halftime!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Oregon Ducks will probably be PAC-10 champs come season end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Why did ESPN show College Gameday and then not decide to show any college games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Bama vs S Carolina in 2nd, 21-3 S Carolina. Bama is #1 and S Carolina is only #19? Huh?

Edit: Last few seconds before half Bama TD, but misses extra point. S Carolina 21-9. Poor execution during first half by the Tide.

Edit: Number 1 defeated solidly by #19, 35-21 Gamecocks. So much for the ranking system. The Tide was Crimson with Bama blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Tide was Crimson with Bama blood.

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

after watching that tripe last night which mirrors the last 3 seasons of Big East football Ive just got to say the following.

MWC > Big East
    WAC > Big East

Big East is a farce. Automatic BCS bid my hole. Its not worth. Christ its hardly that much better than the MAC these days.

• Advertisement

How can the Big east get away with it.Its a joke of a conference and has been in football terms for years. Even last year all the hype over Cinci until they got embarrased in the BCS.

On the face of it their Out of conference record this year looks ok. There 22-15 not bad I hear you say. Now lets strip out Div 1AA opponents who they seem to have a fetish for. Now their 13-15 a losing record against Div 1 schools.

Well I hear you say they hold their own thats not to bad. Let
    me take out the Sun Belt which lets face it is basically Div
    1AA. Now they are 8 - 15.

Beginning to look weak right ? Now take out the MAC now the
    Big east is 5 - 14 yes a pathetic 5 and 14.

Out of conference they have losing records against the ACC,
    SEC, PAC 10, WAC, BIG 10, BIG 12, Independents and have a 1-1
    record against the MWC thanks to a win against powerhouse UNLV !!

They have winning records against the Sun Belt, Mac, Div 1AA,
    and C-USA (Just about on an overtime win) and the fact they have an auto bid to the BCS just says it all.

So if you look further into it. Like I said they have 13 wins against Div 1 out of conference schools. If I break it down futher those wins came against opponents with a combined record of 14 - 52

The Big East has 1 yes ONE !!! win out of conference against a winning Div 1 school and that powerhouse school that has a winning record ..... MARYLAND

The financial reason to have the Big Easy as a BCS auto qualifier makes me sick as does the whole BCS.

Seriously though how much of a joke is the Big East ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Been getting more and more into college ball since coming back from Boston at the start of the month. Had a free pass to the Boston College v Virginia Tech game a few weeks back and I'm just hooked, the atmosphere, the bands, the crowd, just everything about it. Shall be lurking on this forum a lot more!

Trojan fans are very happy at the moment, they have opened a can of whoop ass tonight. And just the night for it.

Boom! What a start for Wisconsin, 97 yard kickoff return on the opening kickoff.

14 zip Badgers, new no.1 seed next week, if this holds up the ducks will be no.1 next week, who'd have ever guessed that at the start of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Ohio State were awful last night but fair play to the Badgers on a great win, delighted for Oregon who should take over at no.1

The Ducks are 5-0 and not only look like they'll be the PAC-10 champs, but also contenders for the national championship.

Guys lets spare a thought for the Rutgers DT who severed his spinal cord Saturday versus Army.

Apparantly paralysed from the head down :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

As a coach one thing we coach is "Heads Up" Always see what you are hitting. It is funny how many forget how dangerous this sport can be if proper technique is not used. Eric LeGrand unfortunately has learned the hard way and I send my best wishes to his recovery. :( Never nice seeing these type of accidents.

This set of vids is what I ask my players to watch to bring awarness to keeping your head up when tackling:

those heads up videos make me queasy. Ive only seen em once and dont need to see them again to know how crazy using your head in the tackle is.

The football authorities have to do something more about spearing and helmet to helmet contact though. if anybody say the hit on DeShawn Jackson yesterday that could have ended up in an equally serious circumstance.

I pray that LeGrand fully recovers from this, who knows with modern science, but not something any football fan wants to see.

• Advertisement

That's so tragic, seeing all the players down on one knee gave me the shivers. Hopefully it's a Kevin Everett type situation and he shows some improvement in the next few days :(

TD Ducks.

Great drive after the interception. Blink and you'll miss it stuff, probably the highest tempo offence in any level of football.

Archimedes wrote: »
    TD Ducks.

Great drive after the interception. Blink and you'll miss it stuff, probably the highest tempo offence in any level of football.

insane tempo hard to defend and organise. ballsy play on 4th and 6 to go for it.

UCLA need to figure out how to defend this if i were the coach a few rolled ankle injurys might pop up ;)

Another TD, and they go for the 2 point conversion and get it too, simply because they can.

Good stuff. Hopefully James comes back on, got a little shook up on that last run.

UCLA offense not going too bad need to score this drive though. 3rd possesion 3rd time in ducks terroritory gotta get points and then a stop though

The Ducks are decimating UCLA here. Another TD and now they're up by 19 early in the 2nd. 22 points in 21 plays on 3 drives. Scary.

3 and out for UCLA. They need a big stop on this drive.

Archimedes wrote: »
    3 and out for UCLA. They need a big stop on this drive.

So much for that. Another TD for the Ducks. Just scary good.

Ducks being a little classless IMO pissing on em going for 4th downs timeouts when up by 4 scores at the end of the half.

never been a fan of running up the score.

• Advertisement

D3PO wrote: »
    Ducks being a little classless IMO pissing on em going for 4th downs timeouts when up by 4 scores at the end of the half.

never been a fan of running up the score.

This is a team who have a realistic chance of going number 1 in the country after this weekend. They haven't failed on a 4th down so far this game, if the other team can't defend it then why not go for it?

Edit: One handed catch. Bloody awesome.

Advertisement