Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football NCAA 2010 Season rankings, games/play action, calls, players, rants

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Td Oregon, 2 point conversion is so huge now.

OMG he got it, this is unbelievable. Cannot believe that this game is all tied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Fantastic 2 point conversation and td. Didn't think Oregon would get there by constantly trying to run it through the middle.

This should be some end to the game now.

Ok that's crazy. His knee wasn't down.

What a huge mistake by the Ducks D there.

• Advertisement

Wow, wow, wow. Td Auburn, but wait. This could be a disaster for Oregon.

If he is down short then they can win the game with a field goal. There will be no time left. They at least have a shot if its called a td.

This is a FANTASTIC end to a game.

Great move there by the Tigers coach. He has two timeouts so he gets Oregon to use their last one. I think now they run the clock down to one second and go for the field goal.

Congrats to the Auburn Tigers the BCS National Champions. On the balance of play I think they certainly deserved it. Their defense was just fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

GET

THE

FÚCK

IN

Heck of a way to complete this season's thread! :D

• Advertisement

Nick Fairley and Michael Dyer get the MVP awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Watching signing day unfold is kinda funky. Even if I know very little about most of the players... following High School football is just one step to far, i'd never leave the house!!

Really interested to see where Clowney will end up. He's a monster.

Has he not signed yet? He was the only in the ESPN top 100 that hadn't signed, but now I see number 3 Cyrus Kouandjio is reconsidering having previously said Auburn. Maybe the cheque bounced? :pac:

Excited to see how Driskel does at Florida, that kid is meant to be amazing, and USC have a potential nation-leading QB-WR duo in Witteck and Blackwell who are both coming from the same high school. Farmer is going there too, their offence could be scary once these kids develop.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Really interested to see where Clowney will end up. He's a monster.

New York Times are reporting now that Clowney doesn't have the required grades to eligible to play under the NCAA.

It would be a huge deal that the best prospect in years was too dumb to play in college, but the fact that its the NCAA (the C stands for Corrupt) means he'll definitely end up playing next year, and it's looking nailed on that it will be for South Carolina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    New York Times are reporting now that Clowney doesn't have the required grades to eligible to play under the NCAA.

It would be a huge deal that the best prospect in years was too dumb to play in college, but the fact that its the NCAA (the C stands for Corrupt) means he'll definitely end up playing next year, and it's looking nailed on that it will be for South Carolina.

I don't know there has been a few examples over the last few years of guys in the top 100 having to go to a junior college to make up grades. As im in school I don't have the ability to find said guys but one thing the NCAA actually do try get right is grades. And before anyone says it I know the NCAA and colleges are rampant with guys who clearly don't have the brains to be there and have cheated their way in some how :D The trick is not getting caught :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PVFC4Life

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to college football, watched some of it this season.

I understand most of the rankings and all that stuff but I don't have a favourite team.

Was wondering how I should go about and choosing a team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dizzya

PVFC4Life wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to college football, watched some of it this season.

I understand most of the rankings and all that stuff but I don't have a favourite team.

Was wondering how I should go about and choosing a team?

Well, my favourite team is Texas A&M. And their home field is called Kyle Field. My first name is Kyle, fave team!

I also like the Tar Heels and a few other teams though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm very, very new to college football but watching NFL a few years now.

Support Notre Dame due to the whole Irish connection and I was touched by the film Rudy :o

What I did was download a few games from tenyardtorrents, games I do not know the score to.
    Like ND against Stanford, Michigan, Boston and Pitt.

Good few hours watching and enjoyed them greatly.
    Reading the forum too and they have a podcast.

I'm starting to learn the names and the reading their forum is very good for learning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just wondering what Notre Dame fans think of coach Brian Kelly? I'm presuming there is a good few on here. Interested to hear what you make of a former Bearcat!

Advertisement