Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football NCAA 2010 Season rankings, games/play action, calls, players, rants

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

UCLA plays Texas today, which should be a rough day for the Bruins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Awesome game here. Two great teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If you had told me before the match that Greg McElroy would throw two interceptions like that, I'd have called you a filthy liar and told you to get out of my house.

This game is brilliantly poised for the seconds half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

Air Force just beat Wyoming away. 20-14

Everybody in this stadium knew Jared Tew was getting the ball but no one on the other side of the ball could do anything about it. - Loving these college FB radio presenters, AF converting on a 4th & 1.

Came from behind twice and got two two scores and forced and recovered a fumble and in the 4th quarter to beat the cowboys and go 3-1 overall.

Good point: 374 rushing yards today brings their total rushing to 1,571 in four games. :D

Bad point: 7 penalties for 49 yards, vunerabiliity to counter runs between guard/tackle :/

But still a win is a win, next up are the Navy Midshipmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Love Big Trent.

So unlucky he's got Ingram in the pecking order.

• Advertisement

That TD should mean the game for Stanford.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Arkansas literally threw the game away there. Bama just need to stop them once to win it now.

Another TD for Stanford, this time off of an interception return. That's all she wrote folks.

Interception, Bama win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Bruins beat the Longhorns 34-12? Is this the Twilight Zone? (Pinches self to make sure it wasn't a dream) :eek:

USC Trojans beats Wash St Cougars 50-16 (but that was expected). The game next Saturday with the Huskies is a huge question mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Sooners 17-9 up at halftime against the Bearcats. Can't see the Bearcats pulling an upset in the second half:(

The Bruins beat the Longhorns 34-12? Is this the Twilight Zone? (Pinches self to make sure it wasn't a dream) :eek:

USC Trojans beats Wash St Cougars 50-16 (but that was expected). The game next Saturday with the Huskies is a huge question mark.
    I haven't looked at the rankings for two weeks but when I seen how low USC were I thought like wtf is going on here?

I think by the end of the season they will be very close to the top, not that it matters much with no bowl.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I haven't looked at the rankings for two weeks but when I seen how low USC were I thought like wtf is going on here?
    During the past 7 seasons we had a strong D, but during the first 3 games of 2010 they were out to lunch. Today the D gave up an early TD to the Cougars then woke up. Our O scores, but was still a bit sloppy, with Wunderkind throwing 3 TDs, but also 2 Interceptions (If we throw the ball away against the Buckeyes like that later in the season, we die!). My Trojans are now 4-0 but we are crossing our fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes and holding our breath that this may be a come back after being amBUSHed.

Watching the Boise game now. 3rd and goal from the 5, play looks like an option left but its an end around to the right, but hold on a sec the end stops and throws for a td. Just a wonderful play.

Boise will run away with the game, ending with a score in the ionosphere.

Boise not running away with it right now anyways but gotta watch the end of the Cincy/Oklahoma game. Cincy down by two but have the ball around halfway 1st and 10.

What a one handed catch from Titus Young.

What a drive from Kellen Moore. 4 plays, 81 yards, touchdown. Can't get much better than that.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Boise not running away with it right now anyways but gotta watch the end of the Cincy/Oklahoma game. Cincy down by two but have the ball around halfway 1st and 10.

Turnover:(

Now I just love the Boise home field colour (;) ha!), but my friends here watching the game hate it, saying that Boise has an unfair advantage with blue uniforms that blend in with the field. Score: 17-10 Boise.

• Advertisement

Damnit bearcats defence forces the Sooners to punt on fourth down. DJ Woods drops it, loses the football and the Sooners have a first and goal now

Touchdown Sooners

Now I just love the Boise home field colour (;) ha!), but my friends here watching the game hate it, saying that Boise has an unfair advantage with blue uniforms that blend in with the field. Score: 17-10 Boise.

Apparently Oregon painted their practise field blue this week so as to get used to the blue backdrop!

Have to say I love it tbh.

What a play action by Moore, never seen a defence bite on it so hard. Great play, and another TD.

Now I just love the Boise home field colour (;) ha!), but my friends here watching the game hate it, saying that Boise has an unfair advantage with uniforms that blend in with the field. Score: 17-10 Boise.

The Packers do that too the cheating baxtards:pac:

lmao the dog is just awesome. They really know how to do things differently in Idaho.:D

Ugh, California - Arizona could be the worst game of football I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

yep but its a silly comment. Its like saying Michigan State have an unfair advantage becasue they wear Green on a green field.

NCAA football games that may be close calls (Saturday 2 Oct):
    Texas @ Oklahoma
    Florida @ Alabama
    Stanford @ Oregon

Edit: Kentucky vs Ole Miss is tied up at 14-14 in 2nd with 10 min, playing grand so far.

• Advertisement

Denard Robinson does it again.

495 yards total offence - 277 passing (3 TDs) and 218 rushing (2 TDs). The kid is incredible.

Advertisement