Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Megathread - ALL VRT DISCUSSION IN HERE - Read First Post

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

I thought the whole idea of the EU was to have no borders and free trade across Europe? As we can see now this is as far from happening now as it was at the start of the whole concept. I doubt we'll ever get a break from these taxes in Ireland, they'll just change the name to something else. It would really make you question the benefits of being in the EU at all. The only ones who seem to benefit are the few political henchmen who get rewarded with plum jobs in the EU for selling out the rest of us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Edit. Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

alias no.9 wrote: »

Edit, in reality there'll be another reconfiguration of the regulations, VRT will stay, the corner cases like borrowed cars will have a slight change to put them in breach of some other regulation.

Which it should tbh. I don't think it's in anyones interest to allow the roads to be full of unregistered and untraceable cars.

Of course, as it was from the start, all of this is because the poor people of donegal can't afford to own cars because of VRT (apparently all 2nd hand cars have to be bought in the UK and all cost 10k plus leaving no more for taxes). Funnily enough though, while only wanting to be compliant with laws no one saw to keep having the cars mot'd and taxed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement