Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luther [** Spoilers From Post #175 Onwards **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Only two hours?

Disappointing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've also heard of a US version of Luther, Idris will be exec producer rather than lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Excellent news..

.. time for a re-watch methinks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Basq wrote: »
    Excellent news..

.. time for a re-watch methinks!

yeah, long overdue on my part for a re-watch

10984457_906768626010223_6985544235372092434_n.png?oh=ea5b3d2f385f7fd8cafbd6b6679f2fd4&oe=554A60CD&__gda__=1433701031_0ec51bdfe69895c0ccf596687c58cd3b

This popped up on BBC Facebook about an hour ago..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Idris Elba posted on Twitter saying shooting for Season 4 had begun. Would recommend Luther to anyone with Netflix, thought Season 1 was superb. Bit like Sherlock except the main character is a tough b*stard kind of genius rather than a sociopath kind of genius!

Have to say though, thought Season 2 & 3 were pretty weak. Just hoping that the next one makes up for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Idris Elba posted on Twitter saying shooting for Season 4 had begun. Would recommend Luther to anyone with Netflix, thought Season 1 was superb. Bit like Sherlock except the main character is a tough b*stard kind of genius rather than a sociopath kind of genius!

Have to say though, thought Season 2 & 3 were pretty weak. Just hoping that the next one makes up for them.

You have literally made my day! I just love Luther, the character, the storylines, I find it completely gripping.

Helps of course that idris is easy on the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

shalalala wrote: »
    You have literally made my day! I just love Luther, the character, the storylines, I find it completely gripping.

Helps of course that idris is easy on the eye

There's a novel penned by Neil Cross himself about Luther before Season 1.

Check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

There's a novel penned by Neil Cross himself about Luther before Season 1.

Check it out!

I may actually try this! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

A friend recommended a british tv series called luther to me, any good?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A friend recommended a british tv series called luther to me, any good?

Never heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Alice, Alice, Alice!!!

Please......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Confirmed season 4 will only be a 2 episode long special :(

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/04/idris-elba-starts-filming-two-part-luther-special

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

B_Sharp wrote: »

I find it the other way, think Season 2 was the best out of them all.

Can't wait for the next one, he's brilliant in it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

K-9 wrote: »
    I find it the other way, think Season 2 was the best out of them all.

I don't know, my issue with S.2 and 3 was that the actions of the main villain at the end of each series didn't usually fit with their character.
    Like, Ian Reed is one of Luther's biggest allies and seems fairly normal but once a robbery goes wrong, he's suddenly transforms into a ridiculously evil murderer. It's a fair jump from the character he played up until then.

Same with the guy at the end of S.3. Goes from vigilante murderer who stops a rape/murder to a multiple cop-killer who hunts down Luther's innocent girlfriend. Just happens too quickly to make sense. And don't get me started on Luther's on-going relationship with Alice, despite her murdering her innocent parents....

Having said all that, I actually do like the show. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭Goose81

This program is absolutely terrible.

I have just started and probably finished watching, im on S01 E02, the killer for E01 break's into his wife's home, they stand there and have a full blown conversation with her instead of subduing her and calling the police.Like what would actually happen in real life,its absolute piss take stuff.

Also in episode one, she holds a knife to him which is enough to probably get her 10 years for attempted murder and nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

**shock - fictional TV show does not reflect real life, sparks outrage**

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭Goose81

**shock - fictional TV show does not reflect real life, sparks outrage**

Just because its a fictional tv show doesn't mean it has to dip its toes in fantasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Well Holy God, he got a new jacket...pity that'll probably be the most interesting thing about this Series...they ruined this Show, the last two seasons were dog-do. Probably used his brown coat to clean it up.

• Advertisement

Back in December according to BBC Facebook.

It's airing in the US on BBC America as a 3 hour special on December 17th...

Synopsis and details here!

Still unknown as to how the BBC this side of the pond will air it. I'm guessing over 3 nights in a week - similar to the third season of Sherlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Back in December according to BBC Facebook.

BBC1 Tuesday December 15th at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

On viewing that trailer I probably won't be the first to have said this but ... ... you know nothing John Luther! ;)

Looks good though, though no sign of Alice. Wonder if she'll turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Luther will be back for a two part special on 15 DEC , can't wait..

Might be the last time we see him, before he turns into James Bond ??

Trailer..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Luther threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

This ex great show is back tonight at 9.

This ex great show is back tonight at 9.
    Definitely not my opinion anyways..

.. did a rewatch of Series 1 - 3 there in the last few weeks, and still think it's one of the most fun and gloriously dark shows out there.

Can't wait for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Can't wait for this.

Advertisement