Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Draft 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

There is simply no way he'll go to a 3-4 team. Thats the only reason he's unhappy at teh redskins!

Sorry Im still ranting over the name McCourty...gimme a guy with a real football name like Taylor, Williams, Johnson or a pacific islander name that wouldn't look out of place on the All-Blacks team...but McCourty! The name McCourty should be on a McDonalds Dollar Menu, not on a Patriots' roster!!!

:o Poor guy...i wont even give him a chance due to his name...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hazys wrote: »
    What i like about the Pats pick was that Bill was willing to take McCourty at 22 but traded down 7 spots and picked up a 3rd (kinda filled my above criteria). So we are still on to pick a LB, DL and TE in the 2nd and a WR in the 3rd.

But i cant get over a CB/ST player in the first round. I wanted Odrick...he looked like Richard Seymour's younger brother!! How McCourty (which is the worst football name in the world) will help our defense next season or the season after is beyond me. I know special teams is important but 1st round pick important? I thought our secondary was above average last season and the only reason they were not better was because they had zero pass rush to help them...i still have nigthmares of Sanchez sitting in the pocket for wat seemed like hours before the 2ndry finally broke down then making an easy pass.

Ideal situation for today, would be trading our top 2nd round pick for Haynesworth (imagine Warren, Wilfork & Haynesworth as a front 3!!! if i was an OC i'd just punt everytime id see those 3 line up) I know hes unlikely to go to a 3-4 team but maybe the lure of the Pats might change that :o Then a TE and LB with the other 2 2nds and maybe another LB or WR with the 3rd.
    I didn't expect it but could understand it after discussing it with a mate(Pats fan too). We've got Marshall and Holmes in the division now so we have to be in good shape with our corners. Bodden is decent, Butler hopefully improves this year but when we use nickel and dime packages we are in a bit of bother. Springs ain't that great, Wilhite didn't really improve last season, Wheatley has been a major dissapointment. I had a look at a lot of the draft power rankings and McCourty was ranked between 17 and 35 with the norm being 27-30 so we got him in the right place and picked up a 3rd round pick.
    I don't see us drafting a wide receiver and I'd love to see it happen, Golden Tate is my main binkie in this draft and I think he is huge value now.

I think Belichick knew that our D was too old and has had a long-term plan to sort it out. He brought in Merriweather in 2007 with our only big pick.
    He spent four of our first five picks in 2008 on the D bringing in Mayo, Wheatley, Crable and Wilhite and four of our first six picks last year on Chung, Brace, Butler and McKenzie. I fully expect that to continue tomorrow with maybe a tight end taken in the third.

I just found out too that Jerry Hughes is represented by CAA which means he won't be a Patriot unless he changes like Ben Watson did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I missed last nights' draft so if anyone can put up or PM me a link to tonights' events, that'd be awesome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

if anyone has a stream for day 2 could they PM it to me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

espn stream here

http://www.atdhe.net/17920/watch-2010-nfl-draft

working ok at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

First pick of the night.......

Rodger Saffold, OT.

if anyone has a stream for day 2 could they PM it to me please.
    You don't accept pms.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    First pick of the night.......

Rodger Saffold, OT.
    Raiders projected first round pick still on the board.

Vikings take DB Chris Cook, Virginia.

Numbero two: Chris Cook, CB from Virginia to the Vikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

With the Viking not taking Clausen who ends up taking him? The Browns are an option but will they take another Domer? If I'm the Raiders I'd think seriously about him and let the Russel era die. Whoever gets Clausen now will have to pay him fcuk all and he has the potential to be solid if given the right support. Outside of that the Bills, Panthers or maybe the Niners are his only other likely destinations so we might see some trading taking place soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I don't know what the Vikes long-term prospects for QB are tbh. I know little about cook, but he seems a bit average going by my brief internet searching.

Bucs take Brian Price, DT.

Fantastic move by the Bucs. Price played end at UCLA and teamed with McCoy at DT they have solidified their line very well with these two picks

Another DT for the Bucs, really setting building blocks there.

Whats the chance of the Chiefs taking Golden Tate? Cassel needs someone to throw to and Weis loved him at ND

frostie500 wrote: »
    With the Viking not taking Clausen who ends up taking him? The Browns are an option but will they take another Domer? If I'm the Raiders I'd think seriously about him and let the Russel era die. Whoever gets Clausen now will have to pay him fcuk all and he has the potential to be solid if given the right support. Outside of that the Bills, Panthers or maybe the Niners are his only other likely destinations so we might see some trading taking place soon

It must be tough for Clausen - expecting a nice paycheck and seeing it disappear. It could be good for him in the long run. Having to earn it could be a factor in character development for him.

Chiefs take a RB, Dexter McCluster.

davyjose wrote: »
    It must be tough for Clausen - expecting a nice paycheck and seeing it disappear. It could be good for him in the long run. Having to earn it could be a factor in character development for him.

I've said the whole way through the draft process that I didnt rate him as highly as others seemed to but I saw no way that he would fall this low. Whatever team takes him will get a good, with the potential to be very good, player for very little outlay. as you say it could be good long term for him as it takes the pressure off

Chiefs add Dexter McCluster, RB.

• Advertisement

Jimmy must be scratching his head and getting a little uneasy. Former coach at the Chiefs couldn't even take him...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Wasn't expecting him to go this early.

(Picked him as ''my guy'' though, so I'm looking forward to see how he does the next few seasons)

Chiefs take a RB, Dexter McCluster.

Good player but I don't really see what he adds to the team with two good RBs there already. Eagles on the clock now and Taylor Mays has to be the choice. He was very poor this year but we need a physical safety and that is what Mays is.

If he came out as a junior he was a top ten pick but after a poor year he fell down the order

I've said the whole way through the draft process that I didnt rate him as highly as others seemed to but I saw no way that he would fall this low. Whatever team takes him will get a good, with the potential to be very good, player for very little outlay. as you say it could be good long term for him as it takes the pressure off

Adds motivation to succeed as well.

@ Eire, they paid a lot of money for Cassell, and he's young. It would be a waste.

Eagle eye, that NFL Network stream you sent me is down, does anyone else have an NFL network one? Prefer those guys over ESPN!

Jimmy must be scratching his head and getting a little uneasy. Former coach at the Chiefs couldn't even take him...

Don't forget they are one year removed from giving Matt Cassel a 65 million contract so they need to persevere with him for another year or two at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So much talent still available, not sure who I want the raiders to take now. Certainly wouldn't be pissed with Clausen.

Nate Allen, a safety, off to Philly.

So much talent still available, not sure who I want the raiders to take now. Certainly wouldn't be pissed with Clausen.
    Everybody predicted Bruce Campbell in the first round for the Raiders, he is still there.

• Advertisement

Good player but I don't really see what he adds to the team with two good RBs there already. Eagles on the clock now and Taylor Mays has to be the choice. He was very poor this year but we need a physical safety and that is what Mays is.

If he came out as a junior he was a top ten pick but after a poor year he fell down the order

Nate Alen - Mays must really have not impressed

Advertisement