Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Draft 2010

Options
  • 22-04-2010 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

I thought with the draft barely hours away that we should probably move on from the Ben Roethlisberger thread where we all seem to be chasing our tails.

Have to say I'm looking forward to seeing where Clausen goes. I liked him last year but I wasn't overly impressed by him in college, no matter what people say about a poor O-Line, I thought he was very poor until his bowl game in his sophmore year and he could easily fall into the late teens

The Longhorns fan in me is excited to see where Colt McCoy goes, I don't think there is any chance of him going in the first but whatever team drafts him will have an incredible player(I'd love to see him go to the Vikes and sit behind Farve for one or two years and come in and run the west coast system there)

Cant wait for it all to start!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what time does it start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Midnight afaik.

Edit: More like 12:30 it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yeah 12.30am on ESPN. Sky channel 417 if you have it.

Rams are on the clock at 12.32am. Should be interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Patriots pick aroung 9:30pm EST so 2:30am Irish time

I'd be a v happy Pats fan if:

22nd pick: Traded for 1st in 2011 and 2010 3rd
    44th pick: LB
    47th pick: TE
    53rd pick: DL (3 2nd rounders in no particular order)
    3rd round pick: WR
    119th pick: LB
    From the 7 6th & 7th round picks: P, RB, DL, LB, TE, WR & whatever your having yourself Bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,753 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well as I've predicted for a long, long time, the Jags and Dolphins are interested in Tebow. Word has it both are looking to move down and take him later in the first round.

A lot of talk going on now that Colt McCoy will also go in the first round.

Roethlisberger is not going to be traded is the latest word coming through.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    Patriots pick aroung 9:30pm EST so 2:30am Irish time

I'd be a v happy Pats fan if:

22nd pick: Traded for 1st in 2011 and 2010 3rd
    44th pick: LB
    47th pick: TE
    53rd pick: DL (3 2nd rounders in no particular order)
    3rd round pick: WR
    119th pick: LB
    From the 7 6th & 7th round picks: P, RB, DL, LB, TE, WR & whatever your having yourself Bill...
    Why would you want another 2011 first round pick? Everybody is saying this is the deepest draft for years.
    You are aware that we already have two first rounders(and hopefully one very high one) in 2011?

Anyone got a good NFL Network stream? I found this but it is not great:

http://www.justin.tv/mediphins#r=iUV5a10~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well as I've predicted for a long, long time, the Jags and Dolphins are interested in Tebow. Word has it both are looking to move down and take him later in the first round.

A lot of talk going on now that Colt McCoy will also go in the first round.

Roethlisberger is not going to be traded is the latest word coming through.

I'd be surprised with this, if this was likely I doubt Tebow would have picked to stay at home at watch the draft. Phins also make no sense since they have Chad Henne who looks decent and they drafted Pat white last year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

There's a pretty decent ESPN stream here.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

The NFL Network seems fine, thanks for the link

• Advertisement

Kyle Wilson at no.7 is the latest big rumour. Sounds like a huge reach if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Kyle Wilson at no.7 is the latest big rumour. Sounds like a huge reach if it happens.

Who's that with? The Browns have that spot and I cant see Mike Holmgrem reaching like that when there would still be Joe Hadden there and seeing as they need safety help Earl Thomas from Texas will be there too.

I'd be surprised with this, if this was likely I doubt Tebow would have picked to stay at home at watch the draft. Phins also make no sense since they have Chad Henne who looks decent and they drafted Pat white last year.
    I like Henne but I'm not completely sold on the guy yet, receivers were to last season be fair to the guy though.
    Tebow is a deeply religious man, family and all that is very important so it wouldn't surprise me that he stayed at home. And remember Mark Sanchez didn't travel last year, its not uncommon for guys to stay at home.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Who's that with? The Browns have that spot and I cant see Mike Holmgrem reaching like that when there would still be Joe Hadden there and seeing as they need safety help Earl Thomas from Texas will be there too.
    Yeah the Browns, and as you say they need safety help and Eric Berry could still be there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I can't see Berry falling to #7 tbh, either the Chiefs or the Seahawks have to be there. Wilson would be a huge shock if he's taken above Haden by the Browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

HI LADS ANY OTHER LINKS? THE 1S ABOVE ARENT WORKING THAT GOOD FOR ME

The NFL network one I posted is working grand for me even if it is a bit fuzzy. The other one is a bit out of sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yeah the Browns, and as you say they need safety help and Eric Berry could still be there.

I think he's too talented to be there at seven for the Browns but we see shocks every year don't we! only 25 mins to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

picture is fine but it keeps stalling

nfl network stream is perfect for me.

• Advertisement

Hear the idiot Jets fans booing Marino. They are some disgusting shower.

So will there be a customary lol Al Davis pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

cooker3 wrote: »
    So will there be a customary lol Al Davis pick?

Wouldn't be a draft without one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Sam Bradford at no1...wow im shocked :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It must be Christmas in Detroit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Shefter strikes again, he guranteed this when everybody was talking about Suh and McCoy.

$50 million guaranteed. Wow. I don't think he makes it, I think he gets injured too often in the NFL.

Why? It was the worst kept secret for days

cooker3 wrote: »
    Why? It was the worst kept secret for days
    I think its a joke.

• Advertisement

No surprises in the first four this year I'd imagine. Its when we get to 5 it all goes mad imo.

Advertisement