Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Draft 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

eagle eye wrote: »
    $50 million guaranteed. Wow. I don't think he makes it, I think he gets injured too often in the NFL.

Agreed, and I think 5 years from now, we'll look back at Clausen as the QB of this draft.

Rams have work to do now, to protect a Rookie with a reconstructed shoulder who hasn't ever played an NFL style O, and hasn't really played at all in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

LOL
    "that great player Reggie Brown...I mean Reggie White"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

$50 million guaranteed. Wow. I don't think he makes it, I think he gets injured too often in the NFL.

He is an amazing QB and the Rams aren't in a position to turn down another one-Ryan, Sanchez-and to be honest he has only been injured twice. The second one was just because he wanted to come back to soon to play Texas

davyjose wrote: »
    Agreed, and I think 5 years from now, we'll look back at Clausen as the QB of this draft

I know Clausen played in a more traditional NFL 'pro style' offence but what did he show in college to make anyone think he would be an elite QB that would outclass Bradford in the pros?

frostie500 wrote: »
    I know Clausen played in a more traditional NFL 'pro style' offence but what did he show in college to make anyone think he would be an elite QB that would outclass Bradford in the pros?

That he was able to play in an NFL style Offense, for one. Don't underestimate the huge difference -- if it didn't matter, Tebow would be first pick.
    Bradford is just as untested in the NFL as Clausen, and has just as much -- as #1 pick more, actually -- to prove. Also Bradford is questionable in regards to his shoulder - that will follow him around his whole career.

I'm not saying Clausen is the first pick, but i think he's more going for him, long term.

as an aside, I think the rams are ****ing crazy passing on Suh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,753 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He is an amazing QB and the Rams aren't in a position to turn down another one-Ryan, Sanchez-and to be honest he has only been injured twice. The second one was just because he wanted to come back to soon to play Texas
    Its because he likes to scramble too much that I predict he gets injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Crap stream is gone. Anyone have any other links?

as an aside, I think the rams are ****ing crazy passing on Suh.
    I completely agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

After seeing the success both Ryan and Sanchez have been there was never a chance that the Rams would pass up on Bradford.
    Tickets have to be sold too and the acquisition of a QB in the draft will boost the Ram's profile in St.Louis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

cooker3 wrote: »
    Crap stream is gone. Anyone have any other links?
    http://www.justin.tv/cheffery_4#r=BKY2DwA~

• Advertisement

Lol, and now the tackle that couldn't protect Bradford goes at 4.:eek:

That is some top of the draft for Sooner nation and the BIG 12 isnt it!

Short term solution, Seahawk. how many tickets do you sell in 2011 coming off a 4-12 season? or with an injured QB?

you've a better chance of building a team around the best defensive lineman to enter the draft in years, than with a QB who, aside from everything else, hasn't played football in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

mistake by chiefs imo :(

Short term solution, Seahawk. how many tickets do you sell in 2011 coming off a 4-12 season? or with an injured QB?

you've a better chance of building a team around the best defensive lineman to enter the draft in years, than with a QB who, aside from everything else, hasn't played football in a long time.

Suh is a great player but the Rams have been drafting linemen-on both sides-for years to no avail. It's never a short term solution if you think you have found a franchise quaterback

Suh is a great player but the Rams have been drafting linemen-on both sides-for years to no avail. It's never a short term solution if you think you have found a franchise quaterback

I suppose that's what it comes down to. I wouldn't be surprised if he is that, but i personally don't think so.

I know, but at some time a chance has to be taken. To have picks in the top 3 in the past 3 drafts and still not have a QB for the future would be ridiculous. ALL draft picks are risks, but you have the play the percentages and at some stage draft a QB.

I suppose that's what it comes down to. I wouldn't be surprised if he is that, but i personally don't think so.

That's the thing about the draft: beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I'm suprised to see the Chiefs take Berry in some ways. he is a fantastic player but safeties taken at the top can be dangerous because of the risk of injuries etc-look at Troy Polamalu etc. He worked in a pro style tampa 2 defence but with matt Cassel back there they need to protect their investment surely

That's the thing about the draft: beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I'm suprised to see the Chiefs take Berry in some ways. he is a fantastic player but safeties taken at the top can be dangerous because of the risk of injuries etc-look at Troy Polamalu etc. He worked in a pro style tampa 2 defence but with matt Cassel back there they need to protect their investment surely

couldn't agree more - watching Bob Sanders at the Colts the last few years has made me realise that these high impact positions are just too injury prone to throw a high draft at.

Okung to Seattle. Now all they need is someone to run it and throw it. How do you feel about that Seahawk?

TBH he was someone I'd hoped might drop to #31

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Yay Raiders up next...

"with the 8th selection of the 2010 NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select Usain Bolt!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Hazys wrote: »
    Yay Raiders up next...

with the 8th selection of the draft the Oakland Raiders select Usain Bolt!!

It's the Raiders. They would pick Ben Johnson.

Hazys wrote: »
    Yay Raiders up next...

I'd be suprised if it isnt Jason Pierre-Paul. He ticks the boxes for big Al but they should think seriously about Bryan Bulaga because they need a tackle. Bulaga would be a reach at 8 but after DHB last year that shouldnt matter to the Raiders!

Okung to Seattle. Now all they need is someone to run it and throw it. How do you feel about that Seahawk?

TBH he was someone I'd hoped might drop to #31

Nice. A lot of our success in 05 was built around the O Line, looks like Carroll has realised that. Hasselbeck can be an amazing QB (I think) once he gets protection. The running game still needs work but I don't think anyone can deny the Housh and Carlson can be very effective weapons once they get decent supply from a QB who has time to think.

Crazy Al strikes again:pac:

Crazy Al strikes again:pac:

I didn't see them going for McClain but he is a very good linebacker and should be a good choice by Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

That's all I wanted to see. No bears picks tonight so I'll record and watch tomorrow.

Hope your teams pick who you want lads ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Think McClain is a fairly good choice from Al (for once)

Bye bye Marshawn Lynch. Thank you for taking Spiller, thats one team I can deffo say has no chance in the AFC east next season. The don't have a QB although I would be surprised to see them try and get back in the first round now for either of McCoy or Tebow.

• Advertisement

Bye bye Marshawn Lynch. Thank you for taking Spiller, thats one team I can deffo say has no chance in the AFC east next season. The don't have a QB although I would be surprised to see them try and get back in the first round now for either of McCoy or Tebow.

One of those QBs will be availble at 41 so no need to jump back in. Spiller is a great running back but I never really know why a team drafts a running back in the top 10 when the league is littered with undrafted and low draft picks that are exceptionally productive

Advertisement