Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Network Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

CIE wrote: »
    Then why is this timetable listed as the "revised route 42"?

That's the current timetable, if you click on the link on that page "from Sunday November 18th" it's the new timetable.
    Because the plan was not to have it stay as it is. The old 31A was going to go, and the 31B was going to be changed to 31A. Just like the 29A was going to become the 29 when re-routed to Baldoyle. Read this.

To be fair, that link is from January 2011 when Dublin Bus published proposals for the area. It would seem a lot has changed since then, and further restructuring of routes has taken place. I think clarifying the Strand Road services as 31A is a good move, and as the routing for the 31 and 31B remains unchanged, I don't see the need to change them.

I have no idea why the 29A is not changing to 29. Perhaps they plan to renumber routes in the future once the network is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Fair well 29A hello Toyota Avensis!

Route 150 Timetable Changes
    Friday, November 09, 2012
    Dublin Bus is pleased to announce revisions to the timetable for Route 150 from Sunday 18th November 2012. These changes better reflect customer demand while also improving our customers key morning time commute. Route 150 will now take advantage of the bus priority on St. Luke’s Avenue, significantly reducing travel time to the city centre in the morning peak.

These journeys are highlighted in the timetable. All other journeys will follow the current alignment and stop at the current stops.

Revised Route 150

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Timetable-Changes-for-Route-150/

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Joshycat

Fair well 29A hello Toyota Avensis!

Why is it farewell 29a the frequency on them is still reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Then why is this timetable listed as the "revised route 42"?

Because someone made a mistake - they are human!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

lxflyer wrote: »
    Because someone made a mistake - they are human!!
    Mistakes are too frequent to attribute to mere human error.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sweep77

Joshycat wrote: »
    Why is it farewell 29a the frequency on them is still reasonable
    i am a regular user of 29a but i too will be saying farewell will walk up to get 15 from now on was talking to driver of 29a this morning he told me 21 departures less mon to fri 27 less on a sat and 9 less on a sunday surely this is not improving a route

Well frequency has been cut on most routes in the city due to over capacity, and I don't see anything particularly special about the Howth Road that would not warrant it as well.

The bus driver's analysis is not quite as straightforward as you're making it, and I think you're getting worried unnecessarily.

Inbound reductions are Mon/Fri - 10, Saturdays - 14 and Sundays - 4.
    Outbound reductions are Mon/Fri - 11, Saturdays - 13 and Sundays - 5.

The key thing to note is that there are exactly the same number of departures on the 29a inbound before 9am as there are now, so I fail to see why you should be worried.

Outbound the evening peak frequency between 1700 and 1800 is exactly the same as before also.

The service reductions are mainly in the off-peak. During the day, the service drops to every 20 minutes rather than every 15, and in the evening from (roughly) every 20/25 to every 30 minutes.

The improvement is that the 29a, 31/a/b and 32 no longer leave together from Abbey Street meaning no huge gaps in service all along the route.

hope your right have used this bus for years think we have the best drivers in dublin bus on this route

Well just compare the two timetables - that's all I did!

• Advertisement

The 29a started to going through Baldoyle today I'm wacthing them leave the terminus from my house they all seem to be leaving on time lets hope it stays that way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dfx- wrote: »
    The older VTs in Donnybrook that could be put on the 145/46A or the VTs in Phibsboro that could be put on the 39A are kept in on weekends, especially those in Donnybrook. They could hold an extra 10-15 people.

As a follow up to this and for once, the 2005 VTs were out in force tonight and hence, no load problems.

been over 2 weeks since 29a changes it has been a complete disaster passengers wait every morning in donaghmede not knowing what time bus will appear at thats just mon-fri when it comes to saturday buses dont appear at all was waiting over an hour last saturday for one this used to be such a reliable service this new timetable has not improved anything work with a guy who lives in malahide he says the same 42 bus timetable change not working either was a good service now buses dont turn up or they are late people paying more now for fares and not receiving a decent service hope who ever in charge of these changes in dublin bus sorts it out

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

that's a hell of a sentence!

I was left behind today on the Raheny Rd (Kilbarrack Fire station), bus was full and sailed by. The 29A was never full by the time it got to this stop in the past.

I've noticed that buses seem to have a lot more passengers on board in the AM peak, are there many Baldoyle heads using this route now?

Wasn't waiting long for the next one, think it was 10 mins max, this was at 08:00 this morning.

One final point, I have now noticed a nice few new passengers using this route from Donaghmede S.C towards Baldoyle, so thats a nice new link up.

passengers wait every morning in donaghmede not knowing what time bus will appear

In fairness there is one of them RTPI screens at that stop.

i got the 8.20 bus from baldoyle on friday it arrived at the donaghmede shops 8.45 got to town 9.37 think why some of the buses full at your stop on raheny road big gap between buses some are getting up to donaghmede quicker others getting caught in school traffic around baldoyle takin some of them 20-30 mins to get up to the old terminus

• Registered Users Posts: 78,283 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What routes have actually changed since June? Network direct or otherwise.

29a 32 32a 42 43 31 31b have all had timetable change 18th nov 2012

sorry for not using caps and full stops maybe if i start bus service might improve

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

150 timetable has again been reduced in November. Think it's the second time in the last year.

Are these routing correct for the 31b?

Why would they not be?

As before the early services start at Howth Station and serve Strand Road to provide a direct service to the city.

Ooops, images added. :)

My query is about Strand Road, Sutton, the detour seems overdone in one case and non-existent in the other.

I'm not sure how the detour is "overdone" as that's the only route a bus can take once its on Strand Road.

The inbound map is correct for the morning departures as that's when a direct service from Strand Road to the city is needed. The reverse routing operates outbound in the evening but only operates to the summit.

The evening inbound services operate direct from the summit to the city as per your map.

Victor wrote: »
    Ooops, images added. :)

My query is about Strand Road, Sutton, the detour seems overdone in one case and non-existent in the other.

The Strand Road/Shielmartin estate is served by the 31A and 31B, however the 31A only starts from 9.30. The 31B provides a direct service to the city between 7.10 and 8.10, then the 31A takes over.

It's similar in the evening, there is no 31A between 15.15 and 19.20 but the 31B then operates at peak times via the Strand Road loop.

There are 13 services in each direction Monday to Friday.
    The evening inbound services operate direct from the summit to the city as per your map.

The three evening services on the 31B do operate via Strand Road as per the footnote in the timetable.

KD345 wrote: »
    The three evening services on the 31B do operate via Strand Road as per the footnote in the timetable.

I did specify inbound services in my comment about evening services.

That's also what Victor was asking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

Hmm...with all the bus services that used to be frequent around the city now cancelled, why is the Shielmartin Road/Strand Road location still so special as to warrant any bus service directly to it? especially with nearby adjacent service more frequently operating? Never mind, why is DB operating such a service when a private operator can do it?

• Advertisement

My first objective is "Is the map right for the current services?" Can I take that as "yes"?
    I'm not sure how the detour is "overdone" as that's the only route a bus can take once its on Strand Road.
    The route somewhat doubles back on itself twice.

It could do something like the attached and possibly do it quicker. Admittedly there would be swings and roundabouts - some schools would be better served, some not; some people would lose their door to door service, but more people would gain it. I imagine some would be horrified a the thought of their properties being on a bus route, but that is probably the case anyway. :pac:

I admit part of St. Fintan's Road is narrow (and some trees might need trimming), but so is part of Strand Road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement