Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E72 unlocked for €199

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

scudzilla wrote: »
    i think peeps are pissed that the price went up as soon as he put the extortionately high postage cost down.

I was working nights last night and didn't have my card wit me, was going to order a Jet, i woke up at 6pm, went to get one and the price had gone up, therefore he won;t be getting my custom
    How long do you think a BA should last?????

I for one have missed out on plenty over my time here as I was not quick enough.

Edit: Just to add it's unfortunate you had no card and that has happened me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Time for us to move on, no point giving feedback since its not going to be acknowledged. There always that mint aero in tescos, yum yum. 1 good thing came from all this, €12.50 del from now on unless that's some kind of special rate for now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kingaaa wrote: »
    If I was involved in a thread with the M.D. of PLAY/SENDIT/AMAZON and while waiting for a shipping price adjustment the product in question's price increased by the same ratio the shipping had been reduced, then yeah - I would be p***ed off! why all the analagies? lets just keep to this particular product with this particular company, not coke from tescos, play.com, amazon or whoever!
    But you're still under the illusion that "while waiting for a shipping price adjustment the product in question's price increased by the same ratio the shipping had been reduced".. this wasn't the case at all!

As I said.. it was available at €99 with the reduced shipping fee for 4 hours. You missed out.. it's the way it goes!
    (and before anybody says "na na na-na na, you mentioned richersounds, that was just an example of a great way to do business and always atract repeat business)
    John and the rest of the lads over at RicherSounds are probably THE best company I've EVER dealt with.. without question!

But not every company can be a RicherSounds.. that's a very tough act to compete with!

But it's unfair to verbally chastise MaxRoam after one bad experience.. and people are taking it far too personally to be honest.

MaxRoam are doing business the same way 98% of businesses do business... they weren't letting Boardsies know stock levels the same way RS do, but that's hardly something to criticise them for!
    Edit: Just to add it's unfortunate you had no card and that has happened me too.
    Ouch.. happened me numerous times too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

"But it's unfair to verbally chastise MaxRoam after one bad experience.. and people are taking it far too personally to be honest"

I think this is where the problem lies - I didn't verbally chastise MaxRoam - I made a one-line comment today at the first chance I had getting back to check if the shipping was lowered - Then the silly comments started to flood in, I was just replying to them. And yes, I do take it personally when I cant comment without being called a "moaner".

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

If I was involved in a thread with the M.D. of PLAY/SENDIT/AMAZON and while waiting for a shipping price adjustment the product in question's price increased by the same ratio the shipping had been reduced, then yeah - I would be p***ed off! why all the analagies? lets just keep to this particular product with this particular company, not coke from tescos, play.com, amazon or whoever!

(and before anybody says "na na na-na na, you mentioned richersounds, that was just an example of a great way to do business and always atract repeat business)

As already said about 3 times, the adjustment to the shipping was made.
    The price did not go up at the same time.
    Its stayed at 99 euro. Plently of people ordered at 99 euro before the increase.
    You were just unlucky that you did not see it in time/was not here.

Im sure Pat has already said in another post, not that he has to give an explanation anyway as he's not linked to boards that hes only learning.
    Hes only here 24 hours and im sure its wasnt a case of misleading people
    more like this is new to him . Im sure hes learned his leason now!
    I bet for any future deals he will try to alert people if there limted stock
    or what not.

But give the guy a break/ He's only here 1 day and he's already getting way too much abuse and stick.

• Advertisement

I think this is where the problem lies - I didn't verbally chastise MaxRoam - I made a one-line comment today at the first chance I had getting back to check if the shipping was lowered - Then the silly comments started to flood in, I was just replying to them.
    Apologies.. I didn't mean this directly at you. I just meant "in general" people seem to be getting far too heated and critical of Pat and / or MaxRoam after missing out.
    And yes, I do take it personally when I cant comment without being called a "moaner".
    Fair enough but to be fair.. you also accused two moderators of telling "anybody critising this to be quiet" when this wasn't the case at all.

I never said such a thing, and Davy simply asked people to "move on from the same posts going round in circles".

So I'd appreciate it you get your facts straight in future before throwing around blanket comments like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'm sorry but i just getting sick of the same thing being said over and over again can everybody just stop.

ok so some people missed out myself included but tough there will be more offers and the possibility of better ones.

i suggest that a mod locks this thread and starts a new one for maxroam offers.
    and be clear in the first post that this thread is only for offers.and no people giving out because they missed out on a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i'm sorry but i just getting sick of the same thing being said over and over again can everybody just stop.

ok so some people missed out myself included but tough there will be more offers and the possibility of better ones.

i suggest that a mod locks this thread and starts a new one for maxroam offers.
    and be clear in the first post that this thread is only for offers.and no people giving out because they missed out on a bargain.

You haven't seen the littlewood threads then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Well Maxroam, once the postage dropped to €12.50 my friend and I were deadset on buying two Samsung Jets, return to the website at 4pm and find its gone up to €149.

Call me a moaner and I know it doesn't matter to your company from my business but I wont be buying anything from the site anytime soon. Poor form.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

donmeister wrote: »
    Well Maxroam, once the postage dropped to €12.50 my friend and I were deadset on buying two Samsung Jets, return to the website at 4pm and find its gone up to €149.

Call me a moaner and I know it doesn't matter to your company from my business but I wont be buying anything from the site anytime soon. Poor form.

Would you say the same thing about the same site, if pat had never come on to boards?

Or would you have said, dam i should have bought it earlier while i had the chance?

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Would you say the same thing about the same site, if pat had never come on to boards?

Or would you have said, dam i should have bought it earlier while i had the chance?
    It's a good point to be fair..!

There's a reason we brought in the 'Expired' tag.. we see offers and special prices come and go each day, but this is the first time it has really hit hard and resonated with some people. And you can't say it's because it was "misleading" or "sneaky".. 99% of Bargain Alerts work this way.

I'm sure Pat will take your comments on Board(s).. but people seem to be more willing to criticize now that Pat / MaxRoam is present and active on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Well a day and a half and 200 posts later, all about something as inconsequential as a mobile phone...
    Surely to God ye all have one that makes calls and sends texts?
    My advice, get a life...

Dec4 wrote: »
    My advice, get a life...
    I'm waiting for MaxRoam is put it on special... albeit temporarily!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

I'm waiting for MaxRoam is put it on special...
    Is that the "special" with the 50% premium or the original "special" Basq??
    I'm not buying another life from MaxMoan if its pink or refurbished!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

My advice, get a life...

No need for that.
    Davy wrote: »

No, I wouldn't have anyway. But maybe Pat should have said it since he came on boards? It only would have took "Lads there only a limited amount of these at that price" and everyone wouldn't have felt so hard done by. It was the delivery charge coming down as well thats annoying people. But fair play to him for dropping it so quick! We wern't expecting it that quick! Maybe thats why everyone was not logging on first thing in the morning to buy it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

donmeister wrote: »

?

I don't get this, I missed it too.

You missed the boat, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

I actually seen this thread last night and went into Carphone Warehouse today to check it out on 3 network (best of both worlds plan)for €289 so even though the price has gone up it's still worth it for an unlocked phone.Was very tempted to buy it for €99 last night but obviously missed out besides picked it up today and didn't like the feel of it.
    The Xperia on the other hand looks very tasty I'm mulling it over to treat myself :P.But the main thing about this thread even though I missed out on getting the Jet for a low low price is thanks to forbairt I now have a website I can check up on from time to time if I'm interested in getting a new phone for a great price.Plus if he hadn't made this thread the delivery price wouldn't been reduced so really It's a win win for all just got to remain eagle-eyed and remember to be the 3c's people cool calm and collected when it comes to bargains:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

jenno86 wrote: »
    But maybe Pat should have said it since he came on boards? It only would have took "Lads there only a limited amount of these at that price" and everyone wouldn't have felt so hard done by. It was the delivery charge coming down as well thats annoying people. But fair play to him for dropping it so quick! We wern't expecting it that quick! Maybe thats why everyone was not logging on first thing in the morning to buy it!

This is probably why many companies are so reluctant to get involved in direct contact with users without layers of helpdesks, procedures and red tape. Any one who gets so involved had better be pretty sharp at public relations. It seems to me in this case Pat thought he was being helpful and promoting the company he worked for. Quite possibly he wasn't directly responsible for the price change, and yet people are assuming that he should have been completely versed in exactly what the pricing strategy was going to be and take into account it's affect on readers of BA.

I hope he hasn't been scared away. If I were running MaxRoam (for all I know he runs it himself) I might be tempted to tell him to stay away from internet forums. It seems easy to get bad press and difficult to get good press.

Ix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Did anyone who ordered get their phone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Pat or anyone else: what colour are the E71 and E72?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

This is probably a bad/wrong question - but how is MaxRoam managing to sell E72 at €199? Nokia's own retail price is higher than that in Europe and even in Asia. I am not suggesting anything, but I am just really (and kinda pleasantly, even if I bought an N72 just weeks ago for a lot more money :( ) surpirsed how MaxRoam is able to sell them at this price.

Well a day and a half and 200 posts later, all about something as inconsequential as a mobile phone...
    Surely to God ye all have one that makes calls and sends texts?
    My advice, get a life...

Here we go again, another internet agony aunt with his 2 cents worth stating the obvious i.e. how many posts...how long its been going.....and then the big finale.......................................................get a life!!!!!!! brilliant.

Look, you might not agree with what a lot of us are saying here and thats your right, but if your going to join the discussion at least contribute something a bit more substantial than a couple of stats and a punchline.

repeating yorself - boring.........getting told your a moaner........annoying..............knowing your right?........priceless!!!!!!

See Dec, its been done before:D:D:D:D:D:D

basquille wrote: »
    Christ.. I was away for one day and the amount of goddamn moaning on this thread is unbelievable!

Cop the feck on people!

I would interperit this as stop moaning and shut up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I didn't see any moaning here - I saw people voicing their dissapointment which is a totally different thing. The reason this thread has gone on so long is that myself and others have had to reply to other posters accusing us of giving out too much. I only made a one-line comment - everything else was a reply to somebody jumping on their soapbox and immediatley shooting me down. I never used abusive or threatening language just tried to get my point of view accross but I've been told to "kop on" "get a life" and had the obvious and lots af analagies thrown at me.

I'll keep replying trying to defend my point of view, so if you want this thread to end just dont jump on the ban wagon asking "if pixmania hiked up the prices at 12am on the 12th day of a 12 day sale"....and so on.

I would interperit this as stop moaning and shut up.
    But it's your interpretation.. NOT FACT!

There's a difference.. you accused us of telling people "critising this to be quiet".. we would have simply locked this thread if we wanted this.

We welcome discussion.. the majority of people here just don't understand the big deal with you (and others) missing a Bargain Alert, and getting hung up on it!
    I'll keep replying trying to defend my point of view, so if you want this thread to end just dont jump on the ban wagon asking "if pixmania hiked up the prices at 12am on the 12th day of a 12 day sale"....and so on.
    Keep hammering your same point home if you wish..

.. but the difference is less and less people will listen as your tired POV becomes more and more repetitive!

I'm not discussing this any further though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wherever I may MaxRoam

Wherever I May MaxRoam
    ...and the road becomes my bride
    I have stripped of all but pride
    so in her I do confide
    and she keeps me satisfied
    Doesn't give me all I need

I've lost that lovin Phelan

I've lost that lovin' Phelan
    Wo-oh that lovin' Phelan
    I've lost that lovin' Phelan
    Now it's gone...gone...gone...woooooah

To be honest there are some very valid points on both sides of this argument. It should at this stage be obvious to Mr. Phelan that coming on here offering 'bargains' to Board.ie's is akin to standing in front of a pack of wild-eyed, scavenging, ravenous Jackals and throwing rotten meat from a bucket - You had better not run out or they'll stop being your friend very suddenly and will attack in a frenzied Mob and rip your throat out!!!!

It is also true from where I am sitting that Mr. Phelan had subsequent to carrying out all calculations and overheads decided that €99 was a viable price for the Samsung Jet and had he resisted the base urge to profiteer from his sudden increase in popularity he might just have cultivated a strong Customer base from which to climb onwards and upwards.

- In my opinion he just showed himself in a bad light and has earned a reputation to accompany his Business practices - with this reputation depending entirely on the opinion each of us has of that particular manner of handling your Customer Service and dealing with People.

Personally I'll be shopping elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

@ kingaaa: Let it go, will ya? It's beyond tedious at this stage. We know your opinion on what's happened, and if you truly believe you're right, you shouldn't have to keep repeating yourself.

Take the higher moral ground, and let it rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Folks, this is gone WAY out of hand. Temp locking this pending discussion.

There's a bigger discussion to be had here with a lot of members, it seems.

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

OK, the original thread about Maxroam has been locked because of everyone crying about how they missed out on the €99 deal. Well they may have done you a favour. I ordered a Samsung Jet yesterday morning and according to Pat Phelan I should have received it the following day - Today, and yes, it hasn't arrived yet.

Maybe I'm overreacting, it's only a day late, but I wanted to see if anyone else is in the same situation, but the Mods locked the thread. I know maybe I should post this somewhere else, but this is where I got the heads up about the phone and here many said they had also ordered it. So has anyone received or not received their Samsung Jet yet?

Here's the original post:
    E72 unlocked for €199
    I'm in the market for a phone and was doing some checking and quite liking the E72 so debating buying it

http://www.maxroam.com/Shop/Product/...?ProductId=770

Its €199 and unlocked with MaxRoam ... and its €319.99 online with Vodafone prepay ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Right, I've re-opened this thread to allow the discussion to carry on. I would hope that people behave.

Bozacke, I've merged your post in here too to keep everything in one place, but I would suggest you contact Pat / MaxRoam directly for details.

Dav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

[QUOTE=Originally Posted by Maxroam: Pat
    if ordered today, it will leave Dublin this evening for Irish delivery tomorrow

cool thanks for that

Neonitrix [/QUOTE]

Same query as above really, ordered yesterday morning under the impression that courier would deliver today as per Pats post answering about same, no courier has arrived.

contacted sales and they said it was sent out with courier offer 2/3 days delivery service.

Neonitrix

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement