Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E72 unlocked for €199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

All our devices are brand new and not refurb

where is the €20 deal that was supposed to be on your site an hour ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Tell ya what I'll do, I'll pay the original shipping if you sell it for the original price!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Maxroam: Pat

all are BRAND NEW

Thats up there now for you
    went to €19.99
    lots more to come

ALL OUR PRICES ARE SPECIAL OFFERS AND LIABLE TO CHANGE

http://www.maxroam.com/Shop/Product/List.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

went to €19.99

Thats a nice little phone for 20 quid :D

I have to say though given the reactions by some people on here I'm almost sorry for having originally posted this thread :(

Its a business they have offers ... prices change ... you snooze you lose ...

I think Pats reaction has been great reducing postage from 35 quid to 12 quid for Irish delivery ... within what 12 or so hours of reading this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭beaniebarbeque

went to €19.99
    lots more to come

ALL OUR PRICES ARE SPECIAL OFFERS AND LIABLE TO CHANGE

http://www.maxroam.com/Shop/Product/List.aspx

Is it gone already or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

still think he should reduce the price of the jet to 99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i will be in the market for a new phone in the next week or so i will be keeping my eye on your site.

will you be keeping this forum updated on the special offers.
    if so i recommend that you start a new thread. for it with the title "maxroam special offers" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Scroll down on the page.

We have limited pricing windows and prices will go up as well as down, we will also add specials on a regular basis.
    Its my first experience of boards but certainly wont be our last despite the "learning curve"
    The specials will change regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

nope still there

http://www.maxroam.com/Shop/Product/Detail.aspx?ProductId=784

forbairt wrote: »

I have to say though given the reactions by some people on here I'm almost sorry for having originally posted this thread :(

I think Pats reaction has been great reducing postage from 35 quid to 12 quid for Irish delivery ... within what 12 or so hours of reading this thread

You always get one! After announcing he was going to reduce the shipping today, obviously anybody with a bit of sense was going to wait. So he reduces the shipping and hikes up the phone with the most enquiries by over 50%??????

Seems a bit sneaky to me. Why was'nt there an announcement or warning that prices may go up at the same time he announced he was going to give a better shipping rate last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

It's a little Motorola phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lexia

forbairt wrote: »

Want to agree with Forbairt here. He started the thread to share value he saw. What a bunch of moany aul ****e.

Buy or don't buy. Compare the prices of the phones to those in the shops that are locked or even to Expansys.

Pat has worked to cut the cost of shipping *because* your complaints to offer more value.

Do members think by moaning more they'll try to batter him into a position of loss on the phones whose prices are naturally changing due to market forces? What bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Folks, I rarely interrupt threads, as the moderators will know, but please remember that you have signed up to Boards.ie and are subject to our TOU and our guidelines, and the first guideline is "Be Civil"

There are a couple of occasions in this thread where I wonder if people have forgotten that.

In fairness to Pat, he's come on, answered questions and given those Boards.ie members quick enough to get the deals available a good deal. He didn't have to do this, so don't think that just because someone is marked as an "Official representative" that you can treat them in any way less polite than anyone else.

If you want good deals, I'd recommend you treat the one giving the deals (and everyone on here) with respect. You'll know we fight hard here to provide a platform here for everyone to get good deals in an enjoyable way - well that means everyone - both you getting the deal and those giving it.

Manners go a very long way.

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

kingaaa wrote: »
    You always get one! After announcing he was going to reduce the shipping today, obviously anybody with a bit of sense was going to wait. So he reduces the shipping and hikes up the phone with the most enquiries by over 50%??????

Seems a bit sneaky to me. Why was'nt there an announcement or warning that prices may go up at the same time he announced he was going to give a better shipping rate last night?
    Lads, you don't *have* to buy it! Pat can charge whatever price he wants and you can choose to buy it... or not.

Prices go up and prices go down, stop moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

lexia wrote: »
    Want to agree with Forbairt here. He started the thread to share value he saw. What a bunch of moany aul ****e.

Buy or don't buy. Compare the prices of the phones to those in the shops that are locked or even to Expansys.

Pat has worked to cut the cost of shipping *because* your complaints to offer more value.

Do members think by moaning more they'll try to batter him into a position of loss on the phones whose prices are naturally changing due to market forces? What bull.

+1 agree also.
    people are a being bit harsh on the company. Understandably people are pissed of because they didnt get in on time but the offer to buy it for 99 was there all morning if they wanted to buy it.
    Even with the increase its still 1/2 the price of every other site at the moment.

i doubt anyone would compain to ryanair when they go to book a flight and without warning 5 mins later its a different price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I bit the bullet and ordered the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. It is amazing value at €360, almost too amazing ;) I'll report back and let youse know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

LOUD NOISES!

Darragh, your right - hope I did'nt insult anybody.

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Lads, you don't *have* to buy it! Pat can charge whatever price he wants and you can choose to buy it... or not.

Prices go up and prices go down, stop moaning.

your missing the whole point here mate, we are talking about a fairly significant price rise in a matter of hours for what I imaging is the same product, not a newly arrived batch. I'll freely admit if somebody says they are lowering the shipping price (which to be fair was high) I'm obviously going to wait and see if I can make a further saving. Its not even about the price now which is still good compared to others, its just the way it was done i.e. lower the shipping - raise the price.

One of these days we will become a "normal" consumer public where the consumers stick together and dont jump to the defense of retailers and businesses - this type of mixed reaction I've only ever seen in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

omega666 wrote: »
    +1 agree also.
    people are a being bit harsh on the company. Understandably people are pissed of because they didnt get in on time but the offer to buy it for 99 was there all morning if they wanted to buy it.
    Even with the increase its still 1/2 the price of every other site at the moment.

i doubt anyone would compain to ryanair when they go to book a flight and without warning 5 mins later its a different price.

Because some people (including me) were waiting until today for the drop in postage to order and most people with jobs don't really have much time to browse the internet between 9am - 1pm on a Wednesday

omega666 wrote: »
    +1 agree also.

Dont get me started on that shower - I'd walk backwards on my hands and knees before I'd use them!!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

looking forwarding to playing with my X10 too!
    Do you know when we should expect delivery for a phone purchased today?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

No idea what people are moaning at, 150 is still an utter bargain for a sim free Jet.

Pretty sure I'll order an e72 and one of them Motorolas as soon as I get the cash together.

cheers Darragh and thanks for the op to interact with boards
    Lads I will be posting lots of bargains here, I promise, but I only get a certain window of opportunity at a certain prices.
    After that its gloves off
    I think we still remain excellent value for the Samsung Jet and keep an eye on things

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

jk86 wrote: »
    Because some people (including me) were waiting until today for the drop in postage to order and most people with jobs don't really have much time to browse the internet between 9am - 1pm on a Wednesday

i saw the thread last night as well and was waiting for the price drop.

Maybe it sounds harsh but unfortuantly if you didnt have the internet access this morning to check this then that is your problem, you can blame the people doing the offer.

Just making the point that the delivery charge was dropped as they promised
    and it was freely availble to buy @99 if anyone wanted to and which a lot of people did by the sounds of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

cheers Darragh and thanks for the op to interact with boards
    Lads I will be posting lots of bargains here, I promise, but I only get a certain window of opportunity at a certain prices.
    After that its gloves off
    I think we still remain excellent value for the Samsung Jet and keep an eye on things

just wondering that whether Pat would like to give us an exclusive offer code for boards members,please?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

your missing the whole point here mate, we are talking about a fairly significant price rise in a matter of hours for what I imaging is the same product, not a newly arrived batch. I'll freely admit if somebody says they are lowering the shipping price (which to be fair was high) I'm obviously going to wait and see if I can make a further saving. Its not even about the price now which is still good compared to others, its just the way it was done i.e. lower the shipping - raise the price.

One of these days we will become a "normal" consumer public where the consumers stick together and dont jump to the defense of retailers and businesses - this type of mixed reaction I've only ever seen in Ireland.

Is there a way that you think Boards.ie can facilitate this? For example, if we had a company on, they'd offer to keep a certain product at a certain price for a specific time period? Would this be something you'd be happy to see happen in Bargain Alerts?

In this case, the retailer didn't come on to offer discounts, they came on to answer questions about their business. There was no onus on them to give offers to Boards.ie members, but they did. I think this should be praised rather than shot down, no matter what hours people are on the site or what offers they didn't get.

Darragh wrote: »
    Is there a way that you think Boards.ie can facilitate this? For example, if we had a company on, they'd offer to keep a certain product at a certain price for a specific time period? Would this be something you'd be happy to see happen in Bargain Alerts?

In this case, the retailer didn't come on to offer discounts, they came on to answer questions about their business. There was no onus on them to give offers to Boards.ie members, but they did. I think this should be praised rather than shot down, no matter what hours people are on the site or what offers they didn't get.

Darragh, I'm not blaming boards for anything - nor do I think they can do anything. I'm just always amazed on how consumers always jump to the defence of retailers and service providers when they hike up charges or introduce a stealth tax. I seems to be uniquely Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Darragh, I'm not blaming boards for anything - nor do I think they can do anything. I'm just always amazed on how consumers always jump to the defence of retailers and service providers when they hike up charges or introduce a stealth tax. I seems to be uniquely Irish!

Hiking up charges or intoducing a stealth tax is hardly comparable to increasing the price of a single product! If you saw a can of coke in tesco for 50 cent and went in tomorrow and saw it for 75 cent, would you go off the rails about it!?

I seems to be uniquely Irish!

Guess that's why we're considerd nice ppl :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement