Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

tonight im drinking budweiser

for shame

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (barleywine style) ale.

Tried it before and it was ok, but much nicer second time around. A fairly hoppy and a little sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Tried the Tinns Ale from Lidl - brewed by Shepherd Neame. Not impressed, lacking any real body or strength of flavour, definitely glad I didn't get more than two!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I had 3 pints of Staropramen last night. ****ing hell, what is in that stuff? My sinuses today feel like I was snorting asbestos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Treadhead wrote: »
    Tried the Tinns Ale from Lidl - brewed by Shepherd Neame. Not impressed, lacking any real body or strength of flavour, definitely glad I didn't get more than two!

I was gona give this a go, but it sounds like yet another shepherds neame tasteless beer. Think ill pass!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Odell's can do no wrong!!

Would love to get my hands on a few bottles of their Seasonal Bourbon Barrel Stout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

gonna try these tonight :

yeti imperial stout
    rumble IPA
    Odell Double Pilsner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In the salt house enjoying a pint of Sierra Nevada Celebration, a fantastic IPA very hoppy but has a lot going on besides that, really, really good beer!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A bottle of lech tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

gonna try these tonight :

yeti imperial stout
    rumble IPA
    Odell Double Pilsner

I'd be interested to hear your view on these

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear your view on these

yeti imperial stout - - dark, strong and nice, would try again maybe have a couple more to get a better view
    rumble IPA - really liked this, fresh and easy to sup
    Odell Double Pilsner - not that great, no great taste a bit of a let down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Had a thornbridge raven last night - a first for me for both the brewer and a black IPA.

Went down great - pours really thick with masses of coffee and a lasting head. Definitely evolves as you make your way thorugh it - beautifully sweet at first but finishes with a fantastic balance of hops and bitter choc. I love the info Thornbridge give on the bottle - such as hops, malts etc. Will have a try a few more of this range.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Shall be picking this up in Tesco this evening. Looking forward to trying it.

honeydew.jpg

yeti imperial stout - - dark, strong and nice, would try again maybe have a couple more to get a better view
    rumble IPA - really liked this, fresh and easy to sup
    Odell Double Pilsner - not that great, no great taste a bit of a let down
    I didn't really like any of them, which is a pity because I really like most of the stuff I've tried from both breweries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Had a bottle of anchor's christmas ale! Tasted like christmas pudding..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm currently in Indonesia and after trying the locals of Bintang, Ankar and Bali Hai and finding them all ok but rather bland lagers, I decided to try Guinness Foreign Extra after remembering a few people on here praising it. Unfortunately I didn't realize until afterwards that the one in Indonesia was "brewed under license" by Bintang and tasted like a bland dark lager rather than a stout. It the barest hind of dark malts with a watery body.

Not something I'd try again as at least the others beers here offer something refreshing against the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

picked up some coffee and oatmeal stout from Dungarvan along with a 6pk of knockmealdown porter in the Wine well Dunboyne.

they also stock all the other Dungarvan and 8 degrees beers along with galway hooker and the full range of Thwaites.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

This last week its been an Advent Ale from the Hogsback brewery, a winter warmer which is quite nice indeed, it tastes very much like Christmas desert with a very sweet flavour. I wish I had one for each day of advent! :D

I've also been drinking a lot of Hobgoblin and London Pride due to the Dunnes 1.50 a bottle sale, gotta keep an eye on the funds you know..

Also had a fair-trade bottle of banana beer, "Mongozo", based on an "authentic traditional recipe" .. a definite skip, it's banana piss, I have never tasted a worse fruit beer or beer period. Also keep a bud handy to washout your mouth before moving onto something of real quality.

All those Mongozo fruit beers are awful

BaZmO* wrote: »
    All those Mongozo fruit beers are awful

I found out the hard way.. :o

Not a fruit beer drinker really, the only other banana beer I've had more than once is the one brewed by Young's Brewery, and even that is just okay. Well I'll know for the future!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Eramen wrote: »
    I found out the hard way..
    The hard way is the coconut one.

BeerNut wrote: »

Oh gawd lol, I'll pick one up for somebody I really dislike. :D

BeerNut wrote: »
    Ha, my ire was certainly directed most firmly at the shampoo clone. Awful, awful stuff. It's almost worth trying just to see how bad it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Coconut stout/porter is worth trying if you ever see it. Had a pint of this in Wetherspoons and it was fantastic although the coconut was only really a delicious aftertaste rather than anything too dominating.

coconut.jpg

4 x dungarvan coffee oatmeal stout, never had before so I am really looking forward to these :)

I love coconut, but not when it tastes like shampoo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Shall be picking this up in Tesco this evening. Looking forward to trying it.

honeydew.jpg

Had three bottles of this last night. Absolutely gorgeous stuff. I thought the taste of honey would overpower but it's very subtle and goes down very easy.

Look forward to polishing off the last bottle when I get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Mikkeller spontanframboos. I really like lambics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Staropramen and Franziskaner tonight. Yum. I have definitely grown too fond of Weissbier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Just got three bottles of Inns & Gunn Rum Finish on a twofer in Tescos... That's me forthe evening!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement