Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Right, I thought though they only sold it by the pint?
    They certainly sold bottles of Shandon Century. Ask at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Will do. Soon. How I do enjoy the Franciscan Well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Two bottles of Innis & Gunn Rum Cask this evening..

This is slowly becoming my favourite small quantity sipper.. Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Delirium red in the Bierhaus. 8.5% cherry beer, very nice.

How I do enjoy the Franciscan Well :D
    You should probably enjoy it more often if you want it to stay open.

It's use-it-or-lose-it for decent pubs in Ireland at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

BeerNut wrote: »
    You should probably enjoy it more often if you want it to stay open. <SNIP>

It's use-it-or-lose-it for decent pubs in Ireland at the moment.

Very bad form to be scarmongering - it's this sort of thing that leads to creditors demanding payment and business' closing down.

Post edited. But the basic principle remains: if you want places to stay open, use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Very bad form to be scarmongering - it's this sort of thing that leads to creditors demanding payment and business' closing down.
    You should probably edit your quote so. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You should probably edit your quote so. ;)

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Brewdog there is no Santa. It tastes like Christmas. I also have their Russian imperial stout and Christmas porter for later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Two bottles of Innis & Gunn Rum Cask this evening..

This is slowly becoming my favourite small quantity sipper.. Love it!

Where did you pick it up? Got two in Newry and love it now, need to find more.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

8 Degrees' A winter's Ale - second time trying this beer - it just doesn't work for me - bordering on unpleasant. A big disappointment for me as I had great hopes for this beer what with them teaming up with Green Saffron and all. Still, it's great to see Irish micros producing seasonals.

Just had a bottle of this, I really disliked it, so much so that it became the second beer I've ever thrown down the sink :p.
    Flying Dog Pale Ale instead tonight for me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Where did you pick it up? Got two in Newry and love it now, need to find more.

Tesco sell it down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

4 O’Hara’s Leann Folláin for a tenner shall go down nicely. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

KJ wrote: »
    Brewdog there is no Santa. It tastes like Christmas. I also have their Russian imperial stout and Christmas porter for later.

The Christmas porter is much nicer than the there is no Santa in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I had a lovley few glasses of http://www.cuveedestrolls.com/ in muligans on tap.

They only have six kegs, one of the nicest blonde's I've ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Picked up a lovely eight degrees gift pack in mchughs today. 4 bottles and a glass for €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Stopped off in The Barge on Wednesday night and enjoyed a couple of pints of Messr Maguires Bock. Quite sweet, with a noticeable alcohol warmth (around 7.5% I think), really quite pleasant. A snip at €4 a pint.

Having a pint of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the Bull and Castle. Its my go to beer for supping at home and the draught version doesn't have a patch on the bottle version. It's more like a Pilsner on draught. Nice, but nowhere as good as the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Having a pint of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the Bull and Castle. Its my go to beer for supping at home and the draught version doesn't have a patch on the bottle version. It's more like a Pilsner on draught. Nice, but nowhere as good as the bottle.

It's weaker too at a more sesionable 5%

• Advertisement

Also good to see the Barge are doing different beers now. Any more other than the Bock? And are they partnered/owned by Messrs?

are they partnered/owned by Messrs?
    Same owner, likewise Q Bar next door to MM.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Same owner, likewise Q Bar next door to MM.

Not surprised. A lot of bars in Dublin, owned by the few.

It's weaker too at a more sesionable 5%

Don't think the abv is the problem, moreso the fact that the draught is filtered and force carbed.

Also good to see the Barge are doing different beers now. Any more other than the Bock? And are they partnered/owned by Messrs?
    Just the Haus Larger, which I didn't get to try and the regular mainstream beers. Not complaining (hard to please, ha!) but a brew-pub with only two brews is kind of missing the mark, a little, aren't they?

KJ wrote: »
    Brewdog there is no Santa. It tastes like Christmas.
    Just enjoying a bottle of this now. Smells and tastes just like mince-pies. All it needs is a drop of cream. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Picked up 2 Theakston Old Peculiar Ale bottles for 3 quid in Dunnes, quite strong at 5.6% but surprisingly nice. Also tried the new Smithwicks Pale Ale in bottles, its like an 'average' lager with no good tastebuds, won't be buying it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

odells ipa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

odells ipa :)

Odell's can do no wrong!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The Dungarvan Coffee and Oatmeal Stout is pretty damn good too.
    Not much of the coffee flavour coming through - which is a good thing as I've never tasted a coffee beer I've liked - even the Meantime coffee beer is rank!!

lovely stuff had a glass tonight and has a really nice sweet flavour (perhaps the oatmeal).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement