Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

BeerNut wrote: »
    ...but it's not in regular production.

...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

noby wrote: »
    ...yet.

:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

noby wrote: »
    ...yet.
    As long as it doesn't stand in the way of adding a chilli stout to your line-up, that's fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Couple of different beers tonight while watching the football. Worst of the bunch was Whitewater Copperhead, too bitter and boring, and best of the bunch was St. Bernardus - Pater 6, lovely smooth tipple.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Picked up a case of Victory Hop Wallop yesterday. Should be nicely chilled by the time I get home tonight. Probably the only seasonal beer I like. I am otherwise rabidly anti-seasonals.

Spent last weekend hurricaned in with no beer. Not fun.

• Advertisement

Gandhi wrote: »
    Picked up a case of Victory Hop Wallop yesterday. Should be nicely chilled by the time I get home tonight.
    Have a bottle in the fridge waiting be drunk. Looking forward to it cos I had a bottle of HopDevil the other night and thought it was beautiful. Reminded me of a sweeter version of Goose Island IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Trying Cains Dragonheart tonight. It's a brown ale and it's reasonable enough; flashbacks of teenage nights drinking sickly Geordie beer has it pre spoilt though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Saltaire Stateside IPA. Promised loads of USA hops but wasn't hoppy enough for me.
    More of a bitter than an IPA.

Thornbridge Jaipur, don't know what it is with this IPA but I love it.

Drinking it on tap in London this evening and have to say tastiest ale as you get so many flavours from every mouthful.

Just having a bottle of Nogne O Pale Ale, beautiful beer which is very similar to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale but with a slightly longer lingering of bitterness, which is not a bad thing, but I'm not so sure it's 3 times the price lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just having a bottle of Nogne O Pale Ale, beautiful beer which is very similar to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale but with a slightly longer lingering of bitterness, which is not a bad thing, but I'm not so sure it's 3 times the price lovely.

I'm drinking the same this evening and agree on the price too. I can get close to 3 bottles of SN Pale Ale for the same 1 bottle of Nogne O.

I'm not a penny pincher when it comes to trying new stuff but I just find it hard to justify the cost when it's just not blow your mind amazing. It's a beautiful beer but just very expensive.

Anybody know why it is so expensive? Is it the Norwegian excise duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Was in a hurry on the way home this evening so just picked up some my old reliables of 5am saint and 8 degrees sunburnt Irish. No time to browse Redmonds shelves. Also got some breweyed blonde. Been meaning to try that for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Tried some 8 degrees sunburnt there at the Lughnasa beer festival in Tripod a few weeks back, wasn't overly impressed. Not a bad beer, just don't remember thinking "I'll have to get this again".

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Had a brooklyn brown,an east india pale ale also from brooklyn earlier. The brown is only ok really- glad I had it but wont be rushing back. The EAPA is lovely, very satisfying. In the middle of an O haras IPA now & its a very satisfying IPA- possibly the best of the 2 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

After a hectic week in Belgium tasting almost all new beers to me, I'm just kicking back with a few Guinness special exports this evening.

got myself a bottle of Gruut also for tonight, it's a wheat beer from Gent, apparently a Gruut was an old Ghent coin and the Flemish had to pay these coins in taxes relevant to the amount of yeast in the brew to the French back in the day they ruled Ghent. Hope the beer is as interesting as the history!!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

Having a few Pilsner Urquell's ,a lovely beer :). It is 2.03 euro per 500ml bottle in Tesco atm, really good price which I cannot see lasting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Was in a hurry on the way home this evening so just picked up some my old reliables of 5am saint and 8 degrees sunburnt Irish. No time to browse Redmonds shelves. Also got some breweyed blonde. Been meaning to try that for a bit.

Was very impressed with the Breweyed Blond. I had tried their original lager and was not gone on it at all. This stuff is different kettle of fish.
    Would defo give it another go. Pale Ales are beginning to grow on me slowly but surely.

Brewdog Trashy blonde, first time tasting this on draught and again another good beer from them.

I would say it's less sweet than the bottled version and more citrus flavours coming through.

I tried Harviestoun's bitter and twisted/shiehallion for the first time last night. Much preferred the bitter and twisted. Also picked up a bottle of old engine oil, not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tried a Mikkeller Belgian Tripel last night.
    Nice beer but not worth the premium price imo.
    I also wonder about the legality of calling a Danish beer a Belgian Tripel rather than a Belgian Style Tripel?
    Or was this beer brewed in Belgium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I also wonder about the legality of calling a Danisheer a Belgian Tripel rather than a Belgian Style Tripel?

Seems to be fine.... Bavaria is brewed in Holland :pac:

Also I think there are plenty of Baileys imitations calling themselves "Irish cream liquer"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Or was this beer brewed in Belgium?
    Yes, brewed at Proef, in Belgium. A lot of the Mikkeller stuff is. Mikkel doesn't have his own brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Had a bottle of Trouble Brewing Or last night, not very impressed, fairly average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

392c40de.jpg

:D

Supping on a Breweyed Blonde and I'm very impressed. Really nice hoppy ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

oharas ipa, and guinness... not mixed obviously

Saison Dupont a Belgian beer with a lovely hop taste.

Tastes slightly grassy and hinting on sweetness too.

Not the best Belgian beer ever but very drinkable all the same.

After this I had a half of Sierra Nevada Common which is similar to other SN beers especially the IPS but a lot less hoppy.
    Again an easy beer to drink but not hoppy enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Chimay Red

€1 a bottle in Tesco!!!!!

Tastes even better at that price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

nogne-iipa-50x190.jpg

Sweet but oooohh so good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement