Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lawless091

this is a lovely beer and its 8.5% vol and only 1.57 per 330ml bottle.

image of Duvel beer removed - Mr Magnolia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Heard a couple of spanners on the luas on the way in talking about how they planned on 'getting loaded' on the 'free beer' that would be had at the beerfest before they would go on to their 'real night out'. Thankfully not much of that sort of thing in evidence.
    I actually saw somebody order a pint if heineken at the bar

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I saw a few pints of heineken floating around alright!

Normally I'm a 'live an let live' kind of guy, but the mind boggles at why someone would presumably spend 20 euro on a ticket for that event and then drink Heineken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Had me some Nøgne Ø India Pale Ale last night, and I am not ashamed to say I very much enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Breweyed blonde really a great beer. 1st time drinking it so looking forward to trying a non bottled version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Was in Amsterdam last weekend and forgot how nice it is to wander around to Dutch bars and find interesting beers. Also 4 Maredsous for €5 in Gall & Gall is pretty spectacular. Lived there for a while and it's fierce annoying to have such a crap, overpriced selection in *most* bars and off licenses back here.

My girlfriend had some Liefmans Fruitesse. I'm usually not a fan of fruity beers but this was delicious and with none of the sugary, syrupy taste you usually find with these products.
    4925029325_925942ef07.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Breweyed blonde really a great beer. 1st time drinking it so looking forward to trying a non bottled version.

Is the best before date still handwritten on the bottle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

lawless091 wrote: »
    this is a lovely beer and its 8.5% vol and only 1.57 per 330ml bottel

Duvel

I'm guessing your not in Ireland!

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Is the best before date still handwritten on the bottle ?

You know I was looking at the date and batch nos thinking it looked handwritten.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Had me a few pints of 5AM saint on draught in the bierhaus last night- it was beautiful- moreso than the bottle. Had an Odells IPA as well which was much to my liking

• Advertisement

Agreed that 5AM on tap is somehow more beguiling than from the bottle.

Tonight-

A bottle of the Bock and the Summer ale from Anchor ... Solid offerings. The bock in particular I have a soft spot for. The Summer ale reminded me of all the 312 I drank over the summer... Which is a good thing (although I gather the summer ale came long before the 312, if it is, as Anchor suggest, the first modern american wheat beer, dating to 1984?).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tried the bottle of Nøgne Ø #500 IIPA that I had waiting to be drunk.
    A beast of a beer!
    Seemed a bit too much to begin with but I was savouring the very last drops at the end - great as it warmed up (I had it in the fridge for about an hour).
    This is a sipping beer at 10% abv.
    Looking forward to trying more of their beers.

Had a bottle of Brooklyn Pennant ale last night. Very easy to drink. Biscuit-like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Tried the bottle of Nøgne Ø #500 IIPA that I had waiting to be drunk.
    A beast of a beer!
    Seemed a bit too much to begin with but I was savouring the very last drops at the end - great as it warmed up (I had it in the fridge for about an hour).
    This is a sipping beer at 10% abv.
    Looking forward to trying more of their beers.

Amazing beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Is drinkstore open on Sundays? I'm going to be up in Dublin this Sunday and I wanted to pick up some Nogne brews. It doesn't state opening hours on the website. I imagine it is open on Sundays but could someone clarify before I walk up to Manor St.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Is drinkstore open on Sundays? I'm going to be up in Dublin this Sunday and I wanted to pick up some Nogne brews. It doesn't state opening hours on the website. I imagine it is open on Sundays but could someone clarify before I walk up to Manor St.

Yep its open on Sundays, until 10pm as any other day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It doesn't state opening hours on the website.
    Bottom of contact us.

Nøgne #100 IPA another fine beer from them. Reminded me of Prohibtion IPA which I also like.

The #500 is a more intense beer than the #100.

Also tried Trouble Òr bottled beer last night. Went down really well nice and crisp with a nice hint of hops.

Tried the Nøgne Ø IPA last night - lets just say that I'm developing a relationship with these beers. It's nice, for a change, to find new beers to blow me away that aren't from USA (although, to be fair, they are very American in their style).

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Tried a bottle each of the two Breweyed beers from Offaly last night. One is a blonde ale, the other a lager.

I enjoyed them both, and was surprised by how much I liked the lager. I'm not really a fan of most lagers but this one was very refreshing with a pleasant touch of sweetness to it.

• Advertisement

Tried a bottle each of the two Breweyed beers from Offaly last night. One is a blonde ale, the other a lager.

I enjoyed them both, and was surprised by how much I liked the lager. I'm not really a fan of most lagers but this one was very refreshing with a pleasant touch of sweetness to it.

I tried the blonde ale but as someone else pointed out, it poured completely flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Seeing as I just moved to Ranelagh for college, I finally got to pay a visit to Redmond's. And wow, their selection is something else, miles better than what I had back in Kilkenny. Here's what I picked up:
    sn851308small.jpg
    First up is Anchor Steam, and I like it a lot.
    I have no idea how I'll be able to afford to keep this beer thing up when college starts, but I'm gonna try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Mo14 wrote: »
    Seeing as I just moved to Ranelagh for college, I finally got to pay a visit to Redmond's. And wow, their selection is something else, miles better than what I had back in Kilkenny. Here's what I picked up:
    sn851308small.jpg
    I have no idea how I'll be able to afford to keep this beer thing up when college starts, but I'm gonna try :D

Nice selection, its a great spot alright, I live in Milltown beside Ranelagh so its my local offy.

Having an 8 Degrees Sunburnt ale following on from trying it on tap at Beerfest.

I think I actually prefer it to the Howling Gale Pale Ale by a fair margin...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just had a a George Gale & Co Prize old ale. Superb stuff and mine was only a 2011 bottle. Should have aged it for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anchor Steam and Sam Adams on draught. Think I actually preferred Anchor Steam in bottles. It seemed to be a lot hoppier from a bottle. The Sam Adams was strangely a lot tastier by comparison.

Where did you get those on tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Mo14 wrote: »
    sn851308small.jpg

I've tried all of those except the Isolation Ale. My favourite from that bunch would defiently be BrewDog Avery Brown Dredge. I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Great selection Mo14. I've tried all except The Isolation Ale and the Avery Brown, but I love Odell's and most of the BrewDog stuff I've tried so I'll eventually get around them. :)

Personally I prefer Anchor's Liberty Ale and Sierra Nevada's Porter over the ones you've got, but that's not taking anything away from the Steam Beer and Stout, they're still great beers.

• Advertisement

Here is what I thought of Avery Brown Dredge. I would try it again perhaps but at €3.90 there are better beers I would spend my money on.
    Interesting to see someone pick it from that collection as their favourite. I'm sure Mark, Pete and Zak would be quite chuffed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement